GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
awahoya

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby awahoya » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:07 am

Not at home over break so can't see whether the letter's arrived- but just accessed the accepted students site with the UN and p-word I had generated :D

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:28 am

reversejinx wrote:
Redsgomarchingon wrote:he wrote that he liked my PS, but it was generic enough that it could have been written on any acceptance letter

His note on mine mentioned my interviewer by name. It was still relatively generic (like I'm sure most of them must be), not so generic that it could have been written on any acceptance letter.

It probably just depends on whether or not there was something in your application that particularly stood out. For me, he mentioned the specific sport I played (D1 Athlete), and that my academic record was very impressive when considering that time commitment.

However, the statements could have been swapped out for any other athlete (or really anyone involved in any other time consuming extracurricular), so it wasn't crazy specific. I think just the fact that he takes the time to do this shows the effort and care they put forth (especially considering the number of acceptances GULC hands out).

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:51 am

Redsgomarchingon wrote:he wrote that he liked my PS, but it was generic enough that it could have been written on any acceptance letter

This is exactly what mine said.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:52 am

I loved my note, but I'm not sharing because I don't want anyone to crash my dream of it being awesomely personalized. :mrgreen:

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 am

eskimo wrote:I loved my note, but I'm not sharing because I don't want anyone to crash my dream of it being awesomely personalized. :mrgreen:

Same. Mine seemed specific enough that it wouldn't be applicable to a whole lot of people, but I'm sure there are still plenty of other people he could have said pretty much the same thing to.

pinkzebra

Postby pinkzebra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:16 am

So I have a random question... I submitted back in mid-November and updated 5 times, the last of which was 12/13... That evening, I generated a password for the ASW... But I never got anything in the mail. I can log in successfully to the ASW but still nothing in the mail... Any idea what the deal is??

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:41 pm

pinkzebra wrote:So I have a random question... I submitted back in mid-November and updated 5 times, the last of which was 12/13... That evening, I generated a password for the ASW... But I never got anything in the mail. I can log in successfully to the ASW but still nothing in the mail... Any idea what the deal is??

IIRC, you and I have about the same dates for complete updates. I got my letter 12/16 or so, but I live in DC. Where do you live?

pinkzebra

Postby pinkzebra » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:53 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
pinkzebra wrote:So I have a random question... I submitted back in mid-November and updated 5 times, the last of which was 12/13... That evening, I generated a password for the ASW... But I never got anything in the mail. I can log in successfully to the ASW but still nothing in the mail... Any idea what the deal is??

IIRC, you and I have about the same dates for complete updates. I got my letter 12/16 or so, but I live in DC. Where do you live?

Indianapolis... I'm getting frustrated haha

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm in the midwest (farther from DC though) and I received my letter 8 days after my last complete date. It is possible that due to an increase of mail from Christmas that yours may have taken a little longer than that, then throw in the extra days without mail and it could be coming soon. If you don't get anything soon I would recommend calling them, although your call may require some tact.

WhatSarahSaid

Postby WhatSarahSaid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I don't know if someone has posted about this yet, but my acceptance letter was sent to my permanent address instead of my current address, meaning that I found it when I came home for Christmas. I figured I had swapped the addresses on mistake on my application, but I just checked and I didn't.

That might explain why some people haven't gotten a letter yet.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:14 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:I don't know if someone has posted about this yet, but my acceptance letter was sent to my permanent address instead of my current address, meaning that I found it when I came home for Christmas. I figured I had swapped the addresses on mistake on my application, but I just checked and I didn't.

That's odd, mine was definitely sent to my current address.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 pm

WhatSarahSaid wrote:I don't know if someone has posted about this yet, but my acceptance letter was sent to my permanent address instead of my current address, meaning that I found it when I came home for Christmas. I figured I had swapped the addresses on mistake on my application, but I just checked and I didn't.

My acceptance letter was sent to my current address, but the Christmas card was sent to my permanent address. It's possible they have some span of time where they assume applicants will be home for the holidays and use the permanent address instead.

c_dubya_s

Postby c_dubya_s » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 pm

eskimo wrote:

My acceptance letter was sent to my current address, but the Christmas card was sent to my permanent address. It's possible they have some span of time where they assume applicants will be home for the holidays and use the permanent address instead.

Ditto for me. That disconnect may also explain how some people got the Christmas card before their acceptance letter.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 pm

WTH Christmas card? That doesn't sound terribly PC. Also I never got one, it didn't have anything good in it did it?

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 pm

I think it was a secular "holiday card". They sent it to my permanent address, even though I'm 2 years out of undergrad. It was nice.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:21 pm

ahduth wrote:WTH Christmas card? That doesn't sound terribly PC. Also I never got one, it didn't have anything good in it did it?

In fairness, it is a Catholic school.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:24 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
ahduth wrote:WTH Christmas card? That doesn't sound terribly PC. Also I never got one, it didn't have anything good in it did it?

But like any self respecting law school when December rolls around the campus is covered in menorahs.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

But like any self respecting law school when December rolls around the campus is covered in menorahs.

Well, yeah. Obviously Menorahs = Christmas Spirit. Therefore, lots of Menorahs = lots of Christmas Spirit.

Spykuh

Postby Spykuh » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:43 pm

just got my acceptance letter in the mail! generated a password on 12/20

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Got the christmas card- WAY nicer as a card than Fordham's (both were secular), though Gtown's didn't have a long nice handwritten note- but then, the admission letter does.

Certainly helps me like them even more :D

LinzerTorte

Postby LinzerTorte » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Anyone else here stuck on 12/13?

Bela

Postby Bela » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:05 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:Anyone else here stuck on 12/13?

+1

xtine

Postby xtine » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Just thought I'd update... I submitted on 11/8 and then the updates that I paid attention to were 11/30-->12/20-->12/22--12/23 then received an email on 12/23 that I'm being "held". Sigh. Merry Christmas to me? They really couldn't have waited until after the holidays? Oh well, better than the preferred waitlist like last year, I guess. :(

Edit: Thought I'd post my stats for those interested: 3.22/170/Hispanic (but not URM)

hpfl121

Postby hpfl121 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Me as well

hoping

Postby hoping » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:41 pm

hpfl121 wrote:

Me as well

me too :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”