GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MillerTime

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MillerTime » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:43 am

cigrainger wrote:My status checker is still on Complete 10/25, but now says Full-Time only -- I don't know when it changed though.

Hmm weird. Mine still says both. Maybe they'll accept me into both programs and let me decide ;)

Capitol A

Postby Capitol A » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:44 am

Mine still says both also. I'm sure I'm a better candidate for the p.t., which I more than likely would not attend, but it would be better for my ego to be accepted to a program I don't want to attend than to be rejected from one I can't afford anyway.

2010LSapplicant

Postby 2010LSapplicant » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

I posted this question in the "what are my chances" forum, but didn't receive a lot of feedback. So, I'm posting it over here in hope of getting some replies from people with Georgetown-specific knowledge.

I have LSAT scores of 169 (Oct. 09) and 167 (Oct. 10); a 3.46 GPA from an LAC (with upward grade trend); an M.A. with a 4.0 GPA from a top-10 national university; good extracurriculars (with both campus and national organizations) and strong recommendations; and 1 year of substantive political work experience.

I have a strong interest in GULC, and I'm considering applying ED. What do you think my chances are, ED, of getting into the part and full time programs? Additionally, is there any empirical evidence to suggest GULC FT will go below their medians for an ED applicant (the TLS interview with their Dean of Admissions leads me to believe this is a possibility)?

Thank you in advance for your insight, and any responses would be greatly appreciated.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:17 pm

2010LSapplicant wrote:Hi Everyone,

I posted this question in the "what are my chances" forum, but didn't receive a lot of feedback. So, I'm posting it over here in hope of getting some replies from people with Georgetown-specific knowledge.

I have LSAT scores of 169 (Oct. 09) and 167 (Oct. 10); a 3.46 GPA from an LAC (with upward grade trend); an M.A. with a 4.0 GPA from a top-10 national university; good extracurriculars (with both campus and national organizations) and strong recommendations; and 1 year of substantive political work experience.

I have a strong interest in GULC, and I'm considering applying ED. What do you think my chances are, ED, of getting into the part and full time programs? Additionally, is there any empirical evidence to suggest GULC FT will go below their medians for an ED applicant (the TLS interview with their Dean of Admissions leads me to believe this is a possibility)?

Thank you in advance for your insight, and any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there. We have similar numbers -- I have a 169 and 3.42 GPA, but no MA. I applied ED and selected the option to be considered for both programs. I think you have a solid shot for Part-Time, and a very slim shot at the Full-Time program. I doubt they would drop below both medians, but maybe your grad degree will help. Not sure the impact that has on admissions.

The Stig

Postby The Stig » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:09 pm

for those getting acceptance letters, it would be awesome if you could include in what area of the country you received the letter! (snail mail acceptances should be coordinated so that everyone receives them on the same day! but until then...)

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:01 am

Wow, just when I think I submitted apps early, I come on here and see people all accepted and stuff.

Oh well, I'll join the waiting room with everyone else. It'll probably be a while since I just submitted last night.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:38 am

Finally complete at GULC (10/30).

How much merit-based aid is there from Gtown? It's ended up being kind of a safety for me.

cigrainger

Postby cigrainger » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:39 am

incompetentia wrote:Finally complete at GULC (10/30).

How much merit-based aid is there from Gtown? It's ended up being kind of a safety for me.

I'm curious about this as well -- when do they start making $$$ offers?

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 am

cigrainger wrote:
incompetentia wrote:How much merit-based aid is there from Gtown? It's ended up being kind of a safety for me.

Seeing as it's Georgetown, I'm going with "not much" and "never" regarding both of your questions.

In all seriousness, Georgetown is very, very stingy with scholarships. People frequently receive more money from MVP than Georgetown. Go check out LSN and you can see what people with similar numbers got, but I'll warn you: it's generally not pretty. :(

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 am

eskimo wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
incompetentia wrote:How much merit-based aid is there from Gtown? It's ended up being kind of a safety for me.

Seeing as it's Georgetown, I'm going with "not much" and "never" regarding both of your questions.

In all seriousness, Georgetown is very, very stingy with scholarships. People frequently receive more money from MVP than Georgetown. Go check out LSN and you can see what people with similar numbers got, but I'll warn you: it's generally not pretty. :(

I've heard this as well. Georgetown is known for giving little to no money.

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Application complete today! Hoping to hear back sometime at the end of the month.

Knock

Postby Knock » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:21 pm

eskimo wrote:Application complete today! Hoping to hear back sometime at the end of the month.

Same

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:22 pm

Knock wrote:
eskimo wrote:Application complete today! Hoping to hear back sometime at the end of the month.

Same

Dunno if you saw the awesome spreadsheet DC made, but it looks like we could hear back around the 24th!

vicuna

Postby vicuna » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:33 pm

For those that applied in September or early October, did your status update to 11/1 today?

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:37 pm

vicuna wrote:For those that applied in September or early October, did your status update to 11/1 today?

nope. applied 10/1, still complete as of 10/20

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:38 pm

vicuna wrote:For those that applied in September or early October, did your status update to 11/1 today?

I applied on the 6th and my last update date is the 28th.

jazzman

Postby jazzman » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:44 pm

I went complete October 8th then was complete again on the 14th and just got the email today that I've been deferred as an ED applicant into the regular applicant pool. Status check still says complete 10/14.

Is this a very bad sign? Is it better or worse than a waitlist? Is there anything I else I could do like send another letter of recommendation?

Thanks.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:46 pm

jazzman wrote:I went complete October 8th then was complete again on the 14th and just got the email today that I've been deferred as an ED applicant into the regular applicant pool. Status check still says complete 10/14.

Is this a very bad sign? Is it better or worse than a waitlist? Is there anything I else I could do like send another letter of recommendation?

Thanks.

send in an LOCI (letter of continued interest) there's an article on TLS somewhere about it.

EDIT:http://www.top-law-schools.com/appendixf.html

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

jazzman wrote:I went complete October 8th then was complete again on the 14th and just got the email today that I've been deferred as an ED applicant into the regular applicant pool. Status check still says complete 10/14.

Thanks.

I went through this last year...I mean, its not a bad sign in that you weren't rejected. However, if they didn't accept you ED, which is supposed to give you a bit of a boost, I don't know what incentive there would be for them to accept you RD. I would seriously consider an LSAT retake at this point if you really want GULC.

Or I may be completely off-base. What are your numbers (or in what range if you don't wanna say exactly).

Entchen

Postby Entchen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Nope, I'm at Completed 10/21.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Still complete 10/25.

yellowmellow

Postby yellowmellow » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:32 pm

SilverE2 wrote:

Still complete 10/25.

+1 I wish I knew what it meant

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

yellowmellow wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Still complete 10/25.

Same here. Really hoping for something in the mail today

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:34 pm

evandm wrote:
yellowmellow wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:

Still complete 10/25.

Same here. Really hoping for something in the mail today

Yeah the mailman is taking goddamn forever today. I've been waiting since noon to hear the rumble of the mail truck.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:39 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
Yeah the mailman is taking goddamn forever today. I've been waiting since noon to hear the rumble of the mail truck.

Haha the mail person is sorting the mail into the mailboxes in my building RIGHT NOW! I'm giving her 15 minutes to finish and then I'll go check

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”