GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Arbiter213

Gold

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by Arbiter213 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:47 pm

pereira6 wrote:Received a letter, no e-mail, no scholarship info.
I'm assuming I'll get nothing and that's why no info. I'm hoping against all odds I can somehow negotiate some money from them down the line, because I'll prolly end up at Georgetown whether or not I get money T_T

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:24 am

masterthearts wrote:
fish tacos wrote:How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?
I am RD and got my acceptance letter the first week in December
Umm... least relevant response in the history of TLS?

Yes, masterthearts, we know you got accepted into GULC and this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you in your life. But you have broadcasted across TLS enough. It's time to stop gloating (particularly to a population in which GULC is not terribly prestigious), and to start spending your time looking for an apartment in DC.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:40 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
fish tacos wrote:How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?
LOL. THIS.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 am

eskimo wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
LOL. THIS.
LOL. Fantastic.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Yes, masterthearts, we know you got accepted into GULC and this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you in your life. But you have broadcasted across TLS enough. It's time to stop gloating (particularly to a population in which GULC is not terribly prestigious), and to start spending your time looking for an apartment in DC.
Well THIS makes me a little less excited about the best law CENTER in the world hahaha

Jokes aside (sort of), Georgetown is a great school, I'm excited to have my first acceptance to a top school with great opportunities, and good luck to everyone in their cycles.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:25 pm

11/22 I hate you. :cry:

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:45 pm

kk19131 wrote:11/22 I hate you. :cry:
No... don't hate 11/22. 11/22'ers are people of great love and great hope. We are a fine, hardy people who shall be stronger for our endurance

mcubberly

Bronze

Post by mcubberly » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:54 pm

snapdragon wrote:
No... don't hate 11/22. 11/22'ers are people of great love and great hope. We are a fine, hardy people who shall be stronger for our endurance
:(

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:30 pm

pereira6 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

Well THIS makes me a little less excited about the best law CENTER in the world hahaha

Jokes aside (sort of), Georgetown is a great school, I'm excited to have my first acceptance to a top school with great opportunities, and good luck to everyone in their cycles.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Capitol A

Silver

Post by Capitol A » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:40 am

+1. And still the best avatar ever.

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 am

Capitol A wrote:
+1. And still the best avatar ever.
What, you're not a Gus Johnson enthusiast?!

HE HIT THAT ONE FROM THE PARKING LOT!!!

You'll all be getting acceptances soon :)

Tortuga85

New

Post by Tortuga85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 am

When people say things like "particularly to a population in which GULC is not terribly prestigious" a little bit of my desire to attend law school dies. It forces me to seriously consider the cost/benefit of spending the next 40 - 50 years studying and working people who think it is fine to publicly say things like that.

GULC is pretty prestigious to me, but I get it. You (presumably you were speaking about yourself) and all the rest of "the population" to whom GULC is not terribly prestigious are super awesome and smart because you all scored slightly higher on a dumb test than the students at Gtown (who probably scored in the top 2-4%).

Thanks for listening! Feel free to boost your self-esteem with some sort of great comeback!

kk19131

Silver

Post by kk19131 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:46 am

Tortuga85 wrote:When people say things like "particularly to a population in which GULC is not terribly prestigious" a little bit of my desire to attend law school dies. It forces me to seriously consider the cost/benefit of spending the next 40 - 50 years studying and working people who think it is fine to publicly say things like that.

GULC is pretty prestigious to me, but I get it. You (presumably you were speaking about yourself) and all the rest of "the population" to whom GULC is not terribly prestigious are super awesome and smart because you all scored slightly higher on a dumb test than the students at Gtown (who probably scored in the top 2-4%).

Thanks for listening! Feel free to boost your self-esteem with some sort of great comeback!
In all fairness, this isn't really that "public".... :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tortuga85

New

Post by Tortuga85 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:57 am

Last edited by Tortuga85 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am

Tortuga85 wrote:When people say things like "particularly to a population in which GULC is not terribly prestigious" a little bit of my desire to attend law school dies. It forces me to seriously consider the cost/benefit of spending the next 40 - 50 years studying and working people who think it is fine to publicly say things like that.

You are on point. However, don't worry about working with people like that. After graduating from GULC you will probably never be able to find such a job. Let's face it, the only successful lawyers come from the top 5 schools.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 am

Ouch.

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:06 am

GentlemanJim wrote:Ouch.
I was being sarcastic lol...I should start using smiley faces...I doubt I will be cracking the T14

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
GentlemanJim wrote:Ouch.
I was being sarcastic lol...I should start using smiley faces...I doubt I will be cracking the T14
I find the "/snark" tag to be useful in such posts.

Also, I agree that it is a dumb sentiment, but for some unknown reason, GULC is not terribly prestigious here on TLS. Dumb snobbery is my top potential reason.

garrcv7

New

Post by garrcv7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:21 pm

has anyone's status been updated yet today? or has anyone new received access to the admitted students site?

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

Georgetown Law School is prestigious! Maybe TLCers feel that way because they are mainly college kids or college kids plus 2 years. Georgetown is in a great location and has a national reputation. There are plently of students who pick it over higher ranked law schools.
Last edited by Emma1 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Emma1 wrote:Georgetown is prestigious! Maybe TLCers feel that way because they are mainly college kids or college kids plus 2 years.
I am in complete agreement with you. I'm just noting that the Georgetown not being prestigious is a common theme throughout TLS.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Joining the waiting thread, complete a week ago (stupid LOR hold that I had to clear up). Good luck to everyone, especially those waiting wayyy before me!

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm in the 12/16 (sent 11/22) group...really hoping for a decision tomorrow or Wed. The waiting is kiiiilling me.

garrcv7

New

Post by garrcv7 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Emma1 wrote:Georgetown Law School is prestigious! Maybe TLCers feel that way because they are mainly college kids or college kids plus 2 years. Georgetown is in a great location and has a national reputation. There are plently of students who pick it over higher ranked law schools.
Completely agreed!! People get way too concerned with exact rankings, even though most top schools are of fairly similar quality. Georgetown is my top choice despite applying to several higher-ranked schools due to location, quality of life, career prospects, atmosphere, etc....

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:30 pm

When I made that comment regarding Georgetown's prestige I wasn't trying to bash Georgetown. After all, I've spent a lot of time on this thread waiting to hear back from GULC. Also, for me personally GULC is far higher on my list than their #14 ranking. I was just stating that on TLS GULC is not highly prestigious. Sorry for the misunderstandings and I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings.

Edited for dumb typo
Last edited by birdlaw117 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”