GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
The Stig
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby The Stig » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:38 pm

so it seems the consensus is that those that received letters are complete as of 10/25? my latest completion date as of 10/28 is making me nervous!

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:51 pm

The Stig wrote:so it seems the consensus is that those that received letters are complete as of 10/25? my latest completion date as of 10/28 is making me nervous!


same. unless your checker stopped 10/25 a letter is probably not coming soon... ?

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SilverE2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:57 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:Were the people who got rejected RD or ED?

What about the interviewees? Did you guys apply RD or ED?

I really hope you are right and all the 10/25 ED people have an acceptance heading their way....


Some dinged by email were ED. Also, all those dinged had numerous update dates. On the other hand, everyone accepted so far has had a final complete date of 10/25. Nobody ED has been accepted yet. So maybe 10/25 complete date means good news?

Or who knows maybe I'm just reading too much into all this.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rundoxierun » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:09 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:Were the people who got rejected RD or ED?

What about the interviewees? Did you guys apply RD or ED?

I really hope you are right and all the 10/25 ED people have an acceptance heading their way....


Some dinged by email were ED. Also, all those dinged had numerous update dates. On the other hand, everyone accepted so far has had a final complete date of 10/25. Nobody ED has been accepted yet. So maybe 10/25 complete date means good news?

Or who knows maybe I'm just reading too much into all this.


My completion date is 10/26 even though my letter is dated 10/25.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SilverE2 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:17 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:Were the people who got rejected RD or ED?

What about the interviewees? Did you guys apply RD or ED?

I really hope you are right and all the 10/25 ED people have an acceptance heading their way....


Some dinged by email were ED. Also, all those dinged had numerous update dates. On the other hand, everyone accepted so far has had a final complete date of 10/25. Nobody ED has been accepted yet. So maybe 10/25 complete date means good news?

Or who knows maybe I'm just reading too much into all this.


My completion date is 10/26 even though my letter is dated 10/25.


Oops. Nevermind then.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:34 pm

My status says "Application held per request" but I didn't request for my application to be held? are they waiting for my Oct. LSAT score? (which I cancelled the day I took it). Should I just wait a few days or contact them?

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bleedblue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:41 pm

Knockglock wrote:My status says "Application held per request" but I didn't request for my application to be held? are they waiting for my Oct. LSAT score? (which I cancelled the day I took it). Should I just wait a few days or contact them?


Did you ask for a specific letter to be sent to them? Thats what I had done and it didn't get there for a while. I just emailed them and asked to review it before the letter got there and they did it.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Knock » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:43 pm

bleedblue wrote:
Knockglock wrote:My status says "Application held per request" but I didn't request for my application to be held? are they waiting for my Oct. LSAT score? (which I cancelled the day I took it). Should I just wait a few days or contact them?


Did you ask for a specific letter to be sent to them? Thats what I had done and it didn't get there for a while. I just emailed them and asked to review it before the letter got there and they did it.


Nope, no specific letter or anything.

Bitter Buffalo
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bitter Buffalo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:18 pm

I was a huge idiot and didn't realize that the Georgetown ED deadline was so early. Do I still have time to get in my app and fee? I read this from another post--does this still work?

"Okay - I just got off the phone with GTown Admissions Office... they admit that the process is a little unclear... so I don't feel like quite as big an idiot.

Basically you can do two things:

1. Upload blank documents on LSAC (or a letter saying you're going to mail in the remainder of your application) - this will transmit the 2-page application and payment to GTown, and you will no longer be able to apply using the LSAC site. This method means you'd have to mail in all other documents (CV, LORs, PS) by Dec 1."

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:38 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:Were the people who got rejected RD or ED?

What about the interviewees? Did you guys apply RD or ED?


I really hope you are right and all the 10/25 ED people have an acceptance heading their way....


I have an interview in a few days, I am RD. Splitter. My last complete date is 10/22 when they emailed me about the interview. HTH.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:53 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Im in.

Letter dated 10/25 and postmarked 10/26.


Congrats!

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Ahhh my parents just called me! I'm IN! First acceptance, totally happy. :D

User avatar
LegallyBlonde923
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:24 pm

cigrainger wrote:Ahhh my parents just called me! I'm IN! First acceptance, totally happy. :D


Congrats!! I'm jealous that's amazing

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kak5n » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:37 pm

cigrainger wrote:Ahhh my parents just called me! I'm IN! First acceptance, totally happy. :D


Congrats!!!! Mind telling us your numbers/application dates?

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 pm

kak5n wrote:
cigrainger wrote:Ahhh my parents just called me! I'm IN! First acceptance, totally happy. :D


Congrats!!!! Mind telling us your numbers/application dates?


I went to undergrad abroad, so I have a 171 and a transcript evaluated as 'Superior' by LSAC. Applied 10/02, complete 10/05, final status checker date was 10/25.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deuce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:27 am

My final date is 10/25, but I applied on the 6th I believe... still no mail acceptance or e-mail rejection... I is in limbo :|

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 am

Ildeuce wrote:My final date is 10/25, but I applied on the 6th I believe... still no mail acceptance or e-mail rejection... I is in limbo :|


Ildeuce don't you have great numbers? Or am I just assuming all the OGs from the Gunner thread do lol?

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Deuce » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 am

Mike12188 wrote:
Ildeuce wrote:My final date is 10/25, but I applied on the 6th I believe... still no mail acceptance or e-mail rejection... I is in limbo :|


Ildeuce don't you have great numbers? Or am I just assuming all the OGs from the Gunner thread do lol?


Haha they're good, but not great, especially compared to the other original SFers.

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby pulandasu » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:09 am

cigrainger wrote:Ahhh my parents just called me! I'm IN! First acceptance, totally happy. :D


Congrats, my friend!

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Entchen » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:19 am

I am out of town, but my roommates say no mail :( But also no rejection either, so that's good I guess. I applied on the 12th but didn't go complete til the 15th, so I guess it's not unreasonable that I have to wait a bit longer.

Anyone's checker still stuck on the 21st?

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Capitol A » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:14 am

Anyone's checker still stuck on the 21st?


Mine is still 10/20, and I applied 10/1. I'm wondering if I'm maybe in a little different situation because I marked the boxes for part time and full time. As of right now I'm just happy I wasn't an auto-reject.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:24 am

Capitol A wrote:
Anyone's checker still stuck on the 21st?


Mine is still 10/20, and I applied 10/1. I'm wondering if I'm maybe in a little different situation because I marked the boxes for part time and full time. As of right now I'm just happy I wasn't an auto-reject.


I marked for part and full time too. :|

Capitol A
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Capitol A » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:56 am

Your numbers are quite a bit better than mine.

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MillerTime » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 am

cigrainger wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
Anyone's checker still stuck on the 21st?


Mine is still 10/20, and I applied 10/1. I'm wondering if I'm maybe in a little different situation because I marked the boxes for part time and full time. As of right now I'm just happy I wasn't an auto-reject.


I marked for part and full time too. :|


Me too. My status is stuck on October 25th so hopefully that means good things. I'm thrown off though, I was expecting my status checker to eventually change to one program type and for it to say "decision rendered" when they send out the letter.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:41 am

evandm wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
Capitol A wrote:
Anyone's checker still stuck on the 21st?


Mine is still 10/20, and I applied 10/1. I'm wondering if I'm maybe in a little different situation because I marked the boxes for part time and full time. As of right now I'm just happy I wasn't an auto-reject.


I marked for part and full time too. :|


Me too. My status is stuck on October 25th so hopefully that means good things. I'm thrown off though, I was expecting my status checker to eventually change to one program type and for it to say "decision rendered" when they send out the letter.


My status checker is still on Complete 10/25, but now says Full-Time only -- I don't know when it changed though.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, cathy95, dreamer_13, genjustice, oliviaj_j, potterotter, Tomthecat, trohara14, whodareswins and 19 guests