GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Top14Hope

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 pm

hoping wrote:did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...

Him-Geogretown wrote me about you, have you got a decision from them yet? Anyone yet? .

Me- December 9 at 4:05pm OMG! My heart just stopped lol. What did they say? When did this happen? Anyways, no I haven't heard anything from them ):

So far I have heard from 4 of 35 schools. I got into Miami, University of Denver, and Nova. I was denied from Virginia ): I should be getting a bunch of decisions within the next couple weeks. I think I will be waitlisted a lot though. Denver is the only school I've gotten scholarship info from (25k a year out of 35 for tuition) because UM and Nova are slow.

You getting ready for Christmas? (:

P.S. Thanks for your help .

Him-December 9 at 4:09pm Report
Merry Christmas to you too.
Georgetown thanked me for reccomending you, said my letter was insiteful and helpful and that they appriciated the time it must have taken to do it and to be assured that it will be considered in their decision making process on your application. It all sounded positive, I hope it is.

I think this leaves open Mr.Berry's idea. I wish I could just get him to send it to me, but I feel weird asking. What do you think? Him saying "it all sounded positive really makes me think he is trying to do what GT said and not tell me?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Top14Hope wrote:
hoping wrote:did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...

Him-Geogretown wrote me about you, have you got a decision from them yet? Anyone yet? .

Me- December 9 at 4:05pm OMG! My heart just stopped lol. What did they say? When did this happen? Anyways, no I haven't heard anything from them ):

So far I have heard from 4 of 35 schools. I got into Miami, University of Denver, and Nova. I was denied from Virginia ): I should be getting a bunch of decisions within the next couple weeks. I think I will be waitlisted a lot though. Denver is the only school I've gotten scholarship info from (25k a year out of 35 for tuition) because UM and Nova are slow.

You getting ready for Christmas? (:

P.S. Thanks for your help .

Him-December 9 at 4:09pm Report
Merry Christmas to you too.
Georgetown thanked me for reccomending you, said my letter was insiteful and helpful and that they appriciated the time it must have taken to do it and to be assured that it will be considered in their decision making process on your application. It all sounded positive, I hope it is.

I think this leaves open Mr.Berry's idea. I wish I could just get him to send it to me, but I feel weird asking. What do you think? Him saying "it all sounded positive really makes me think he is trying to do what GT said and not tell me?

Jesus christ. Tell me you had an LSAC waiver.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Top14Hope wrote:

There are two letters that are being sent out. One only has a paragraph thanking the recommender for writing a LOR. The other has an additional paragraph that specifically hints at good news and that they hope the applicant will update them when the news arrives. If you recommender just got the first, then don't fret... that just means they haven't made a decision yet. Try the admitted student website, if it generates a pw/username, you are most likely in.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:48 pm

Just got the letter. Hilariously, the Dean wrote that he thinks that Gtown would be a good fit for my interest in international law. Too bad I'm interested in criminal law.

I don't care whose application he read...i'm in!

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:56 pm

ArchRoark wrote:. Try the admitted student website, if it generates a pw/username, you are most likely in.

FTFY

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:01 pm

quote]

Jesus christ. Tell me you had an LSAC waiver.[/quote]

HAHA I did. Not for that $12 though obvi. It's all about putting yourself out there people. Just like women, the guy banging all the girls is also the guy asking almost every girl out. Although he gets denied by many, he still gets more girls then almost everyone else. (:

P.S. This remark is not sexist. Unless you take it that way. But don't lol.

strau345

Postby strau345 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:17 pm

I applied 11/9, complete 11/10. I got an acceptance letter in the mail today in Louisville, KY, but the status checker still says "Application Complete." So, if any of you are freaking about about status checkers, I would say you should take it with a grain of salt.

Good luck to everyone! :D :D :D :D :D

xtine

Postby xtine » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:34 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Try the admitted student website, if it generates a pw/username, you are most likely in.

Doesn't doing this freak anybody else out? I feel like putting my name in there is singling me out for trying to be sneaky!

ndbrenner

Postby ndbrenner » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Status just updated to 12/10!

coug11

Postby coug11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:48 pm

xtine wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
Top14Hope wrote:
Try the admitted student website, if it generates a pw/username, you are most likely in.

Doesn't doing this freak anybody else out? I feel like putting my name in there is singling me out for trying to be sneaky!

I did it around 5 or 6 times before getting in, and I still got in. I guarantee you that this has 0% of affecting your application.

fletchcon

Postby fletchcon » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 pm

2011Cycle wrote:Has anyone who had their complete date update to 12/9 yesterday been able to log on to the admitted students site? Thanks

Mine updated to 12/9 but no luck getting a username and password for the admitted student site yet.
Haven't searched too thoroughly so correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think it's only after Monday updates people have been able to get login details. Some 12/6ers and 11/29ers were able to do it but I can't seem to find reference to anyone whose last update was midweek and then got username/password email.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I update to 12/13 on Monday.
Complete dates so far -> 11/17 (Not 100% sure about this one) -> 11/19 -> 11/29 -> 12/9

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ndbrenner

Postby ndbrenner » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Preferred waitlist, huge disappointment. I was ED.

Flett

Postby Flett » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:32 pm

With my numbers, I had no business even applying. Got a waitlist email today. I'm calling this one a victory! :lol:
Submitted 11/14 -> Complete 11/17 -> Update to 11/29 -> Email today and status checker still says 11/29. (non-ED)

HuberttheDim

Postby HuberttheDim » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I was all set to call the email I received today a Waitlist "victory" only to discover that they just wanted to "Hold" my application until January so they could reject me on Feb. 28th. Fabulous. Living in limbo continues. Sigh...

anonymous@wisconsin

Postby anonymous@wisconsin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Deferred today. I interviewed last week, so I expected that I would be priority waitlisted. Anyone have an idea of which is a better scenario--being deferred or waitlisted?

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:15 pm

anonymous@wisconsin wrote:Deferred today. I interviewed last week, so I expected that I would be priority waitlisted. Anyone have an idea of which is a better scenario--being deferred or waitlisted?

Same thing happened to me too. I thought my interview went great but was also deferred to RD on Tuesday. Also, my applications status updated today which I thought was odd since I assumed they wouldn't be looking at my file again for a month or so.

Anyone know if WL or deferred is better?

illwill

Postby illwill » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Just got my Acceptance letter in the mail today in WA. 12/6 date in the status checker.

Top14Hope

Postby Top14Hope » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:15 pm

illwill wrote:Just got my Acceptance letter in the mail today in WA. 12/6 date in the status checker.

So since my status checker also says 12/6 I guess it's safe to assume that I will be getting my acceptance letter tomorrow. .

One can dream. (:
Last edited by Top14Hope on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xtine

Postby xtine » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:30 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
anonymous@wisconsin wrote:Deferred today. I interviewed last week, so I expected that I would be priority waitlisted. Anyone have an idea of which is a better scenario--being deferred or waitlisted?

Same thing happened to me too. I thought my interview went great but was also deferred to RD on Tuesday. Also, my applications status updated today which I thought was odd since I assumed they wouldn't be looking at my file again for a month or so.

Anyone know if WL or deferred is better?

I would think deferred is better. Waitlist means they already know you're not their first pick, though you would still be a good addition at the school. Deferred is more like they think they want you, but they want to see how you compare to the rest of the applications they get and there's a much better chance of you getting an offer. I'd rather be deferred than waitlisted, personally.

coug11

Postby coug11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 pm

illwill wrote:Just got my Acceptance letter in the mail today in WA. 12/6 date in the status checker.

+1 in California! I loved the dean's note at the bottom.

eliekedourie

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Finally. Got the letter. It's official. Phew.

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Got my letter! W00T! Postmarked 12/6

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 pm

Congrats all new admits! Maybe I'll be meeting some of you at the ASW!!!

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:38 pm

No letter for me today... but I'm pretty confident I'll have it tomorrow. Access to the Admitted Student Website is confirmation enough for me. Actually, one of my recommenders told me as well when I stopped by his office today, so I guess that's two confirmations. I just want the letter in my hands though... :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”