GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby coug11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:40 am

I'm a 12/6er who was able to generate a password and I just wanted people to know that I was just now able to log in to the website!

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:43 am

coug11 wrote:I'm a 12/6er who was able to generate a password and I just wanted people to know that I was just now able to log in to the website!

+1

User avatar
s254w
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s254w » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 am

Did anyone with the "not good news" letter get dinged yet? Damn this website and the speculations! :P

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 am

s254w wrote:Did anyone with the "not good news" letter get dinged yet? Damn this website and the speculations! :P

I haven't seen one. It seems there is a letter for admitted students' recommenders and a letter for still under review students' recommenders. I don't think the second correlates at all to a rejection.

User avatar
s254w
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s254w » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
s254w wrote:Did anyone with the "not good news" letter get dinged yet? Damn this website and the speculations! :P

I haven't seen one. It seems there is a letter for admitted students' recommenders and a letter for still under review students' recommenders. I don't think the second correlates at all to a rejection.


Thanks, birdlaw. I feel like we're all in AA together or something!

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 am

s254w wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
s254w wrote:Did anyone with the "not good news" letter get dinged yet? Damn this website and the speculations! :P

I haven't seen one. It seems there is a letter for admitted students' recommenders and a letter for still under review students' recommenders. I don't think the second correlates at all to a rejection.


Thanks, birdlaw. I feel like we're all in AA together or something!

We pretty much are. All of these admissions threads are just giant self-help groups. That said, I would be going crazy without em!

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 am

Yes. FInally able to log in to the accepted students site although I haven't yet gotten the letter from 12/6.

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Magnifique1908 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:15 am

Same. I thought there might be a way to change the username and password once I got in. Its so random... :lol:

aredhello
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby aredhello » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks coug11! Able to login as well...one of my recommenders also received the "good news" e-mail yesterday.

so for future reference, because i know that this was a point of concern: for 12/6ers, it took a minimum of 72 hours from being able to receive a username/password to actually being able to login.

hoping to get the official letter today! seems like they were sent out on 12/8.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:58 am

hoping wrote:did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...


You're a mole

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby zreinhar » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 am

Has there been anyone that heard back from ED PT yet?

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:13 am

Is the GULC status checker down for anyone else?

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:14 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:Is the GULC status checker down for anyone else?


Nevermind, back up.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

eliekedourie wrote:Yes. FInally able to log in to the accepted students site although I haven't yet gotten the letter from 12/6.

+1

I can also log into the admitted students site with the username/password I generated on Monday.

I guess I can start telling people :D

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:26 am

ArchRoark wrote:
eliekedourie wrote:Yes. FInally able to log in to the accepted students site although I haven't yet gotten the letter from 12/6.

+1

I can also log into the admitted students site with the username/password I generated on Monday.

I guess I can start telling people :D


Yup. Although it looks like there's not much on the site that isn't available elsewhere on the GULC website, still nice to be able to get in. Is this your first acceptance?

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby amkid100 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 pm

able to log in too! the site IS very underwhelming. and that welcome video is awks. still...THRILLED TO GET MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE. I can now withdraw like half of my applications.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Marionberry wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
eliekedourie wrote:Yes. FInally able to log in to the accepted students site although I haven't yet gotten the letter from 12/6.

+1

I can also log into the admitted students site with the username/password I generated on Monday.

I guess I can start telling people :D


Yup. Although it looks like there's not much on the site that isn't available elsewhere on the GULC website, still nice to be able to get in. Is this your first acceptance?


No, I was accepted at WUSTL and UUIC (with 3/4th tuition scholarship). But, it is very nice to finally crack the T14. I was pretty bummed out after my UVA/Cornell rejections. This certainly complicates my decision.

User avatar
ajcollege
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ajcollege » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:39 pm

amkid100 wrote:THRILLED TO GET MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE. I can now withdraw like half of my applications.


No kidding. Such a wonderful feeling to get into a school near the top of my list.

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:43 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
No, I was accepted at WUSTL and UUIC (with 3/4th tuition scholarship). But, it is very nice to finally crack the T14. I was pretty bummed out after my UVA/Cornell rejections. This certainly complicates my decision.


Yeah, I got straight up dinged at Cornell too. I didn't apply to any T20s below UT, and I will probably end up having to withdraw all my other applications once I get my letter from GULC. Oh well, I'm pumped.

ht2988
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ht2988 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 pm

This waiting is seriously fucking with my sleep pattern. I just want one good decision. Complete as of 12/1... How long does GULC generally take to roll out an RD for FT and PT?

Madison425
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Madison425 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm

...
Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

I was a 12/06 and I got my letter today in Texas with a personalized note from Dean Cornblatt about how he heard good things about me from my interviewer. If you are asked to interview, I think doing well on the interview can really be the decisive factor that pushes you over the edge. Coming out of my NU interview I didn't feel I did that great, but I definitely hit it off with my Georgetown interviewer.

On a side note, Dean Conrblatt's handwriting looks incredibly similar to mine, chicken scratch ftw.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2011Cycle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Has anyone who had their complete date update to 12/9 yesterday been able to log on to the admitted students site? Thanks

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2011Cycle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:14 pm

ArchRoark wrote:I was a 12/06 and I got my letter today in Texas with a personalized note from Dean Cornblatt about how he heard good things about me from my interviewer. If you are asked to interview, I think doing well on the interview can really be the decisive factor that pushes you over the edge. Coming out of my NU interview I didn't feel I did that great, but I definitely hit it off with my Georgetown interviewer.

On a side note, Dean Conrblatt's handwriting looks incredibly similar to mine, chicken scratch ftw.


Congrats. I had my interview 12/8. I hope you are correct!

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:16 pm

ArchRoark wrote:I was a 12/06 and I got my letter today in Texas with a personalized note from Dean Cornblatt about how he heard good things about me from my interviewer. If you are asked to interview, I think doing well on the interview can really be the decisive factor that pushes you over the edge. Coming out of my NU interview I didn't feel I did that great, but I definitely hit it off with my Georgetown interviewer.

On a side note, Dean Conrblatt's handwriting looks incredibly similar to mine, chicken scratch ftw.

+1 to the interview part

...but I have pretty neat handwriting for a guy lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: call-me-bubbles, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Nayanthika, siyuanff, SNightHighlights and 10 guests