GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pinkzebra

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby pinkzebra » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:30 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
pinkzebra wrote:11/16-->11/19-->11/29-->12/9 ...

I think they're onto something with all of these 9s.... But really, I'm not asking what this means, so nobody freak out... Just putting it out there :)

Exact same dates...just got updated to 12/9 as well. Any luck with the website? I tried and couldn't get in.

Haven't even tried... I'm trying to avoid that haha

ahyes

Postby ahyes » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm

all this speculation driving me crazy. good thing I'm going out of town this weekend and I'll be away from a comp mostly...i was interviewed on 12/3, update on 12/6, update on 12/8...i figure anyone with updates this week, the soonest we will hear anything is mid next week.

going to try and stay away now lol

s254w

Postby s254w » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Buffalo Bill wrote:My recommender got an email but not one referencing "good news."

+1. I am extrmely upset right now. Just got forwarded that email from my recommender. Can someone who had this email please confirm whether they got rejected or is this just speculation at this point?

12/6 was last (third) update, and I was never given a password to the admitted students' site.

This sucks. No rejection email or letter either. I wish I just knew what this means!

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Marionberry wrote:Any 12/6ers able to access the admitted students site yet?

nope - just tried.

Prince Akeem

Postby Prince Akeem » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:52 pm

My recommender received the same email. I interviewed on 11/30 and haven't been updated since 11/16. I don't know what to make of it, but I stopped worrying a while ago. Either I'm rejected or accepted or waitlisted. Frantically checking my status isn't going to make a difference.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:56 pm

I think marion is right regarding the emails. Nobody had mentioned recommenders receiving emails until just recently and there are two or three different emails being sent. I don't think any of these are indicative of a rejection, although some of them are clearly for acceptances. If you haven't had three updates yet and your numbers aren't auto-reject, it just means they decided to send emails to your recommenders right now rather than wait until another batch. This is my take on what's going down.

s254w

Postby s254w » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I think marion is right regarding the emails. Nobody had mentioned recommenders receiving emails until just recently and there are two or three different emails being sent. I don't think any of these are indicative of a rejection, although some of them are clearly for acceptances. If you haven't had three updates yet and your numbers aren't auto-reject, it just means they decided to send emails to your recommenders right now rather than wait until another batch. This is my take on what's going down.

What does that even mean for GULC?

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 pm

s254w wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I think marion is right regarding the emails. Nobody had mentioned recommenders receiving emails until just recently and there are two or three different emails being sent. I don't think any of these are indicative of a rejection, although some of them are clearly for acceptances. If you haven't had three updates yet and your numbers aren't auto-reject, it just means they decided to send emails to your recommenders right now rather than wait until another batch. This is my take on what's going down.

What does that even mean for GULC?

In this case, if you had like a 160 LSAT coupled with a low GPA. Then again, it was never gonna be good news for such an applicant.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah, from what I've gathered, if you have under a 170 you need at least a 3.8 gpa. Even then, once the LSAT gets below a certain point it doesn't matter how good the GPA is.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Marionberry wrote:Yeah, from what I've gathered, if you have under a 170 you need at least a 3.8 gpa. Even then, once the LSAT gets below a certain point it doesn't matter how good the GPA is.

Ruh roh.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, I was just throwing out rough numbers, I don't know what the exact cut offs are. The good news is that if you got an interview they are at least considering you, so you're not "auto-reject". Either way, below both medians doesn't bode well, unless you have done something seriously amazing (cured cancer, killed hitler, etc.).

Of course, this is all for non-URM applicants. The URM game is a whole nother thing.

Also, this is all my uninformed musings based on what I've seen in this thread.

s254w

Postby s254w » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:25 pm

I'm low lsat high gpa, and I am curing cancer, believe it or not :)

I think I have to keep reminding myself I am not a traditional applicant so I can't judge myself based on others. Not URM, but international. Need to stop looking at tls for predications, I think. I'm probably going to waitlist/committee review at all the schools that I've applied to before the eventual reject/accept.

Edit: But thanks for neuroticism guys. No one else understands my obsession with status updates and recommender emails!

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Marionberry wrote:Well, I was just throwing out rough numbers, I don't know what the exact cut offs are. The good news is that if you got an interview they are at least considering you, so you're not "auto-reject". Either way, below both medians doesn't bode well, unless you have done something seriously amazing (cured cancer, killed hitler, etc.).

Of course, this is all for non-URM applicants. The URM game is a whole nother thing.

Also, this is all my uninformed musings based on what I've seen in this thread.

Median GPA was only 3.67 :?

Stupid median LSAT going up 2 points...

Perch

Postby Perch » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:43 pm

s254w wrote:I'm low lsat high gpa, and I am curing cancer, believe it or not :)

I think I have to keep reminding myself I am not a traditional applicant so I can't judge myself based on others. Not URM, but international. Need to stop looking at tls for predications, I think. I'm probably going to waitlist/committee review at all the schools that I've applied to before the eventual reject/accept.

Edit: But thanks for neuroticism guys. No one else understands my obsession with status updates and recommender emails!

my friend named peter is also curing cancer...do you know him!?

s254w

Postby s254w » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Perch wrote:my friend named peter is also curing cancer...do you know him!?

Lol. Is that a serious question?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:59 pm

12/6er in CO here, hope I get a letter in the mail in the next few days. Have any 12/6 people received letters yet?

Teflon1974

Postby Teflon1974 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:12/6er in CO here, hope I get a letter in the mail in the next few days. Have any 12/6 people received letters yet?

A couple/few have posted that they got them today.

hoping

Postby hoping » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:08 am

did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:13 am

hoping wrote:did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...

Several people got those letters and posted them independently of each other. Go see the law school admissions forum.

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:16 am

hoping wrote:did anyone besides for "marionberry" hear from a recommender that the letter they received mentioned "good news" it does not seem feasible for confidentiality reasons...and they want applicants to "have excitment" it all seems elementary... I think I smell a mole...

There have been multiple TLSers to report this. It was a few pages back, but there was a conversation about how we may need to update our recommenders earlier than we had originally anticipated because Georgetown was telling them first and we didn't want to look like jerks.

ArchRoark

Postby ArchRoark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:19 am

A mole? LOL

The letters are real. One of my recommenders forwarded it to me, after assuming I had already gotten the news.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:53 am

I have a printed out copy of the email from my recommender.

Verbatim quote:

"Although, for confidentiality reasons, we are not able to tell you officially the decision, we hope by now Eskimo has contacted you with good news."

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:57 am

All of these e-mails simply make me anxious...I went complete on the 3rd after submitting on the 27th...should I expect the 3 week ED parameters to be followed, i.e. I have a decision by December 24th...

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:32 am

eskimo wrote:I have a printed out copy of the email from my recommender.

Verbatim quote:

"Although, for confidentiality reasons, we are not able to tell you officially the decision, we hope by now Eskimo has contacted you with good news."

I wish they would send this to email to the LOR writers for dinged applicants as well.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”