GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby coug11 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:20 am

dytelb wrote:Congrats! When did you guys first submit?


Submitted 11/13, 1st complete date 11/15.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby mst » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 am

I think they're riding off their prestige so they can get the recommenders to help push people to yield. People in the know are aware that GULC OCI sucks right now, but rec's only know its a great school and with this they'll assume its even better, or more of an honor, and be more likely to bring it up in discussions with the applicants leading them to yield at least a bit higher I guess... I mean I imagine a discussion going like this in the mind of GULC admissions:

Boss: so any idea where you're going yet?
you: leaning towards uva
boss: but you got into georgetown! why wouldn't you go there?

you meanwhile proceed to feel increasing prestige pressure to attend the school, and in the end pick it.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:52 am

mst wrote:I think they're riding off their prestige so they can get the recommenders to help push people to yield. People in the know are aware that GULC OCI sucks right now, but rec's only know its a great school and with this they'll assume its even better, or more of an honor, and be more likely to bring it up in discussions with the applicants leading them to yield at least a bit higher I guess... I mean I imagine a discussion going like this in the mind of GULC admissions:

Boss: so any idea where you're going yet?
you: leaning towards uva
boss: but you got into georgetown! why wouldn't you go there?

you meanwhile proceed to feel increasing prestige pressure to attend the school, and in the end pick it.


I don't think your view makes much sense.

masterthearts
Posts: 396
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby masterthearts » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 am

mst wrote:I think they're riding off their prestige so they can get the recommenders to help push people to yield. People in the know are aware that GULC OCI sucks right now, but rec's only know its a great school and with this they'll assume its even better, or more of an honor, and be more likely to bring it up in discussions with the applicants leading them to yield at least a bit higher I guess... I mean I imagine a discussion going like this in the mind of GULC admissions:

Boss: so any idea where you're going yet?
you: leaning towards uva
boss: but you got into georgetown! why wouldn't you go there?

you meanwhile proceed to feel increasing prestige pressure to attend the school, and in the end pick it.


Who are these "people in the know" and why are you saying that GULC OCI sucks right now??? Where is your evidence? Or are you just trying to bash GULC?

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Law Sauce » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:46 am

mst wrote:I think they're riding off their prestige so they can get the recommenders to help push people to yield. People in the know are aware that GULC OCI sucks right now, but rec's only know its a great school and with this they'll assume its even better, or more of an honor, and be more likely to bring it up in discussions with the applicants leading them to yield at least a bit higher I guess... I mean I imagine a discussion going like this in the mind of GULC admissions:

Boss: so any idea where you're going yet?
you: leaning towards uva
boss: but you got into georgetown! why wouldn't you go there?

you meanwhile proceed to feel increasing prestige pressure to attend the school, and in the end pick it.


I think that that makes sense yet I really doubt that any ad comm's are actually putting that much thought into it.

Also, Georgetown is not in the dumps, it has one of the nation's best faculty period, because top scholars want to be there because of its location. (See viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137145 the very last post, a law professor speaking) Its rankings and job prospects are both hurting somewhat from the large size of the class, and I think that that is the most legitimate complaint and why I am not sold on it. Although the large size also has its upside, like a great experience while you are there, see the fact that there is a law school specific gym, basketball and workout center etc....

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby zreinhar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:51 am

Any PT people get in yet? I have updated 3 times and am getting antsy..

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SHANbangs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am

ahhh application updated to 12/9 complete. :(

SHANbangs
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SHANbangs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:24 am

btw, i never got an interview - is this bad? I live in Canada.

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby zreinhar » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 am

Just switched to ED PT.. almost like telling them I know I don't belong and have no shot... Hope they're in the Christmas spirit

Madison425
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Madison425 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:23 pm

...
Last edited by Madison425 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoping
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby hoping » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm

the only update i have is "application complete" but my reccomenders got "thank you" e-mails...am I going to have another update before my answer?

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Did people who got rejects or waitlists fail to update beforehand?

User avatar
swimmergirl1303
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:26 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:17 pm

I was deferred from ED to RD but had no status update. Does anyone have ideas on if this is better than being waitlisted?

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:23 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Emma1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Kili wrote:New Rule: If your post includes any one of the following phrases or in any way resembles them, then assume that the answer is "no one knows."

What does this indicate...
What does this mean...
What if...
I went complete XX, is this good?
Is this bad?
My status hasn't updated recently, am I WL'ed?
Am I rejected?
Is this better?
Is this worse?
How soon will I hear?
If I haven't gotten into the admitted students site.....
If I have gotten into the admitted students site...
Does God exist?



New rule: don't respond and/or ignore the posts that annoy you. People have a right to ask questions if they want. I think alot of people are trying to figure out what the signifigance is of status updates.

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:36 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Updated again, Complete 12/8--> Complete 12/9. Movement is addictive.


Also:

What does it indicate when someone asks what it means when GULC admissions ask if I went complete on XX. Is this bad or good? My status hasn't updated recently, so am I rejected or WL'd? Is it better that I haven't updated recently, or worse? Will I hear soon, because I haven't gotten into the admitted students site yet, but I don't know if that tells me whether or not God exists.

Thanks for the help!

Ghost
Posts: 1282
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ghost » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:37 pm

.
Last edited by Ghost on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Kili wrote:New Rule: If your post includes any one of the following phrases or in any way resembles them, then assume that the answer is "no one knows."

What does this indicate...
What does this mean...
What if...
I went complete XX, is this good?
Is this bad?
My status hasn't updated recently, am I WL'ed?
Am I rejected?
Is this better?
Is this worse?
How soon will I hear?
If I haven't gotten into the admitted students site.....
If I have gotten into the admitted students site...
Does God exist?

Edit: Can we get a "No one knows" lolcat in this thread please?


Haha. This is great. If people would read through a couple pages before posting, this thread would prob only be a few pages lol. But I understand where everyone is coming from. I almost lost my mind waiting to hear from GTown.

User avatar
thelaststraw05
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby thelaststraw05 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Kili wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
Kili wrote:New Rule: If your post includes any one of the following phrases or in any way resembles them, then assume that the answer is "no one knows."

What does this indicate...
What does this mean...
What if...
I went complete XX, is this good?
Is this bad?
My status hasn't updated recently, am I WL'ed?
Am I rejected?
Is this better?
Is this worse?
How soon will I hear?
If I haven't gotten into the admitted students site.....
If I have gotten into the admitted students site...
Does God exist?



New rule: don't respond and/or ignore the posts that annoy you. People have a right to ask questions if they want.


Actually not annoyed, I find it funny. But questions keep getting asked and the answer is almost always, "no one knows."


My status hasn't updated recently, I was wondering... what does this mean? Does God exist? Will I hear about his existence when the username and password that hasn't arrived in my inbox yet allows me into the admitted students site? Will praying to this God who may or may not exist speed my access to aforementioned admitted students site? Will said access actually mean that I got into GULC or should I hold off on popping champagne until a package arrives? I got a package that is roughly the size of a legal sheet of paper folded into thirds, but it is very thin... does this mean that God does in fact exist?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include my stats!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:44 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
Kili wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
Kili wrote:New Rule: If your post includes any one of the following phrases or in any way resembles them, then assume that the answer is "no one knows."

What does this indicate...
What does this mean...
What if...
I went complete XX, is this good?
Is this bad?
My status hasn't updated recently, am I WL'ed?
Am I rejected?
Is this better?
Is this worse?
How soon will I hear?
If I haven't gotten into the admitted students site.....
If I have gotten into the admitted students site...
Does God exist?



New rule: don't respond and/or ignore the posts that annoy you. People have a right to ask questions if they want.


Actually not annoyed, I find it funny. But questions keep getting asked and the answer is almost always, "no one knows."


My status hasn't updated recently, I was wondering... what does this mean? Does God exist? Will I hear about his existence when the username and password that hasn't arrived in my inbox yet allows me into the admitted students site? Will praying to this God who may or may not exist speed my access to aforementioned admitted students site? Will said access actually mean that I got into GULC or should I hold off on popping champagne until a package arrives? I got a package that is roughly the size of a legal sheet of paper folded into thirds, but it is very thin... does this mean that God does in fact exist?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include my stats!


Good effort, late to the game:
Arbiter213 wrote:

Also:

What does it indicate when someone asks what it means when GULC admissions ask if I went complete on XX. Is this bad or good? My status hasn't updated recently, so am I rejected or WL'd? Is it better that I haven't updated recently, or worse? Will I hear soon, because I haven't gotten into the admitted students site yet, but I don't know if that tells me whether or not God exists.

Thanks for the help!

User avatar
Marionberry
Posts: 1302
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:24 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Marionberry » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm

so, allegedly, Gtown admissions said they mailed out decisions on monday. So some of us 12/6ers should be getting our letters over the next few days.

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Marionberry wrote:so, allegedly, Gtown admissions said they mailed out decisions on monday. So some of us 12/6ers should be getting our letters over the next few days.

I hope you're right. I hate USPS though. Especially because I always get everything a day or two late. My parents sent me some mail from roughly 90 miles away and it took 5 days... :(

amkid100
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby amkid100 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Marionberry wrote:so, allegedly, Gtown admissions said they mailed out decisions on monday. So some of us 12/6ers should be getting our letters over the next few days.


where do said allegations stem from?

Ldubs
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Ldubs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:57 pm

11/24--> 12/9 here.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Cognitiveproblem, eageragnostic, hangold, Keilz, nerdylsat, stratton_oakmont, TecumsehSherman, Torres1893, TudoBem and 27 guests