GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Arbiter213

Gold

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

So the wisdom is 4th complete date is decision? So if I went 11/10-->11/16-->12/8, the next time I update I can expect a ding or admission?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:So the wisdom is 4th complete date is decision? So if I went 11/10-->11/16-->12/8, the next time I update I can expect a ding or admission?
Not necessarily, especially not for interviewed applicants. I was interviewed and had 7 complete dates.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 pm

4th date doesn't mean anything. 2 days ago it was "3rd date is decision". I'm sure tomorrow it will be the 5th date. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:30 pm

mst wrote:4th date doesn't mean anything. 2 days ago it was "3rd date is decision". I'm sure tomorrow it will be the 5th date. IT DOESN'T MATTER.
This makes sense, I'm gonna go with that.

calihopeful

New

Post by calihopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Marionberry wrote:
SOOOO my last update is 11/29. I have been able to access the admitted student site for over a week now AND I just was forwarded the email from my recommender ("We are not able to communicate admissions decisions directly to you, but we hope by now ____ has informed you of good news" BUT have yet to receive anything by mail... I know I shouldn't be too worried but I definitely am not going to be confident until I actually receive the letter. Is there ANY chance that this whole thing is an elaborate glitch and I am not accepted?? Also I ED'd, app went complete 11/10 they claim they get back to you within 3 weeks (this would be the 4th week).

I looked at your post history, it sounds like you're in for sure, since I think they already tried to mail you your letter. Call them back up and tell them that you haven't received it, but that you have heard from your recommender or something like that. Especially since your past the ED three week deadline, they won't mind.
thats what ive figured and have been telling myself but now im not so sure. Seriously 10 day mail???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:34 pm

It may have just gotten lost in the mail. I mean, they told you that they had mailed you something, and they don't mail anything besides acceptances, so you're good. But I know where you're coming from, it would be nice to have that letter.

IsleMet

Bronze

Post by IsleMet » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm

My recommender received the following email today:

Thank you for submitting a recommendation to Georgetown Law on behalf
of _________________. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share
your thoughts on___________ with our Admissions Committee.

Each admissions cycle, Georgetown Law typically receives more
applications than any other law school in the country. Our Committee
depends upon recommendations to help us get to know who each unique
applicant is behind the application. Consequently, your first-hand
input is critical in helping our Committee make the difficult
decisions we face as we try to assemble our class. Thank you again
for your insight and for participating in our admissions process.

With gratitude and best regards,

In the emails to those who were accepted, did the email reveal the decision on the applicant? Does this mean I'm being rejected? :-(

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Marionberry wrote:My recommender also got the email, even though I had to pry it out of them. I'm in. woot!
Congrats again. One of my recommenders made a out of the blue not very incognito comment that makes me think he received the same email.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:22 pm

IsleMet wrote:My recommender received the following email today:

Thank you for submitting a recommendation to Georgetown Law on behalf
of _________________. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share
your thoughts on___________ with our Admissions Committee.

Each admissions cycle, Georgetown Law typically receives more
applications than any other law school in the country. Our Committee
depends upon recommendations to help us get to know who each unique
applicant is behind the application. Consequently, your first-hand
input is critical in helping our Committee make the difficult
decisions we face as we try to assemble our class. Thank you again
for your insight and for participating in our admissions process.

With gratitude and best regards,

In the emails to those who were accepted, did the email reveal the decision on the applicant? Does this mean I'm being rejected? :-(
Sorry, but that is definitely not the same email that my recommender received, and while it doesn't explicitly say their decision my rec's letter did hint strongly that it was an admission. Don't despair yet, though, these letters may not be completely conclusive, and even if it's not a straight admit there is still waitlist and preferred waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:24 pm

Yeah. I haven't read the email my boss got, but it referenced "good news" or something to that effect. I think it also directed my boss not to tell me or something like that.

IsleMet

Bronze

Post by IsleMet » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:25 pm

It seems pretty odd that they would send emails to recommenders of applicants saying that "your first-hand
input is critical in helping our Committee make the difficult decisions we face as we try to assemble our class." Sort of like, thanks for letting us know that we shouldn't accept this guy lol.

Oh well, bummer. :-( ...Maybe it's a wait list.

Did the recommenders of people who were rejected get any email?

Thanks for the feedback!

eliekedourie

Bronze

Post by eliekedourie » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 pm

My boss came over to me really excitedly and seemed to think that I had already gotten the admissions info.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
Marionberry wrote:My recommender also got the email, even though I had to pry it out of them. I'm in. woot!
Congrats again. One of my recommenders made a out of the blue not very incognito comment that makes me think he received the same email.
This really is a strangep practice, and we seem to be the first batch of admittees to be a part of it, I think. They may figure out that this isn't a good idea, if they really want applicants to find out when they open their letters. A

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IsleMet

Bronze

Post by IsleMet » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Also, my Status Checker still says "Complete"...No "Decision rendered" or anything like that. Could the thank you emails just have went out today regardless of whether or not you got in? And only one of my recommenders got an email (I had three total). Weird. I'm not a fan of this practice--I feel like the applicant should know first.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:06 pm

I don't know if it ever changes to decision rendered, and if it does it's not until quite a while after you hear about it via snail/email.

Teflon1974

New

Post by Teflon1974 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Marionberry wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
This really is a strangep practice, and we seem to be the first batch of admittees to be a part of it, I think. They may figure out that this isn't a good idea, if they really want applicants to find out when they open their letters. A
I have the impression that GULC is trying to improve its yield among its admitted students by creating more ties to the campus. My interviewer said that the interview process is partially done to sell GULC to the applicant, and by keeping your recommenders in the loop, they are also indirectly tying them to GULC. When you are discussing which school you should go to, with people whose opinions you trust, GULC now has an advocate pushing their side. $0.02

jamiLAW

Bronze

Post by jamiLAW » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Hey everyone,

So I applied October 21st to Georgetown, RD full-time, and right now my status checker is still stuck at 11/22. It seems like everyone else is getting updated on here. Any predictions on what this indicates for me??

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 pm

jamiLAW wrote:Hey everyone,

So I applied October 21st to Georgetown, RD full-time, and right now my status checker is still stuck at 11/22. It seems like everyone else is getting updated on here. Any predictions on what this indicates for me??
No. Jesus Christ people.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:52 pm

It means they haven't made a decision yet.

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

mst wrote:

No. Jesus Christ people.
+1

Why I've decided to stay away from this thread.... :lol:

tarheelgirl

New

Post by tarheelgirl » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:03 pm

I dont think that general "thank you" email to recommenders means anything. right now my application is on hold per my request (waiting on one more recommendation) and my other recommender got that general "thank you" email.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 am

tarheelgirl wrote:I dont think that general "thank you" email to recommenders means anything. right now my application is on hold per my request (waiting on one more recommendation) and my other recommender got that general "thank you" email.
Multiple people have said this same thing. I don't think basic "thank you" emails to recommenders means anything. However, it is strange how they are doing this. I have no idea what Georgetown is thinking with this (or anything else for that matter).

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 am

My recommender got it and emailed me today to let me know that he knew that I got in. So take that for what it's worth.

coug11

Bronze

Post by coug11 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:35 am

Ya, my recommender got an e-mail saying that I am about to receive "good news," but that I haven't received it yet. FWIW

dytelb

New

Post by dytelb » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:13 am

Congrats! When did you guys first submit?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”