GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bildungsroman

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 am

mst wrote:I hope all you cheaters get letters in the mail in two days that say "Congratulations! Assuming you have not been unethical and tried using our trap method admitted students website, you have been invited into Georgetown Law! If you have, we apologize but we don't take big lousy stinking cheaters... we only take honest patient people like MST who dont cheat. Congrats again, maybe!

-Georgetown

forward

Postby forward » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
mst wrote:I hope all you cheaters get letters in the mail in two days that say "Congratulations! Assuming you have not been unethical and tried using our trap method admitted students website, you have been invited into Georgetown Law! If you have, we apologize but we don't take big lousy stinking cheaters... we only take honest patient people like MST who dont cheat. Congrats again, maybe!

-Georgetown

+1

ahyes

Postby ahyes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:37 am

Hey, I don't know when the first completion date was, maybe 12/11? I guess it would be three weeks from there. Anyhow my interview was on 12/3 and my interviewer told me he put in the evaluation that same day; I think 12/6 is too early given it was a weekend in between. Is the three week deadline for ED being followed closely by Georgetown?

Oh and I tried the admitted students no password link, it could not be generated at this time.

I'm going to keep my hopes up and stick to the idea that interview on 12/3, decision on 12/6 would be too fast? My interview went very well so I doubt it would be a rejection.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:03 pm

ahyes wrote:Hey, I don't know when the first completion date was, maybe 12/11? I guess it would be three weeks from there. Anyhow my interview was on 12/3 and my interviewer told me he put in the evaluation that same day; I think 12/6 is too early given it was a weekend in between. Is the three week deadline for ED being followed closely by Georgetown?

Oh and I tried the admitted students no password link, it could not be generated at this time.

I'm going to keep my hopes up and stick to the idea that interview on 12/3, decision on 12/6 would be too fast? My interview went very well so I doubt it would be a rejection.

I was interviewed on the 1st after being asked on the 16th (11/16) and I haven't updated from 11/16 yet. It takes time.

pppokerface

Postby pppokerface » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:06 pm

-Georgetown

Why are you like this all the time?

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:14 pm

pppokerface wrote:

-Georgetown

Haha. Square.

mst

Postby mst » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:36 pm

pppokerface wrote:

-Georgetown

I think it's the waiting. To be honest I kind of want to try the status checker now but I feel like I have too much of a sunk cost invested in my time already waiting...

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:40 pm

Well, if you're anything like me, trying the password request only makes you feel good for a few hours, then you start worrying that it's a mistake...

ahyes

Postby ahyes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:10 pm

12/6, now 12/8; maybe they reviewed my interview evaluation now since I'm ED--hopefully hear something soon

ajcollege

Postby ajcollege » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Marionberry wrote:Well, if you're anything like me, trying the password request only makes you feel good for a few hours, then you start worrying that it's a mistake...

+1

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm

ajcollege wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Well, if you're anything like me, trying the password request only makes you feel good for a few hours, then you start worrying that it's a mistake...

+1

were you one of the 12/6ers that was able to request login info as of Monday, ajcollege?

forward

Postby forward » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:20 pm

When are the GULC ASWs?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Until I have the letter from GTown in my hands I'm not even telling people that I think I got in.

heyyyyyyyyy

Postby heyyyyyyyyy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 pm

12/6 - got user/pw but still unable to login to site. just heard confirmation via a recommender.

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:28 pm

heyyyyyyyyy wrote:12/6 - got user/pw but still unable to login to site. just heard confirmation via a recommender.

Whaaaa?!?! They already told your recommender? Is this for real?

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:34 pm

YAY! MOVEMENT!

11/16 (Interview Request/AC)--> 12/1 (Interview)--> 12/8 (AC)

I assume I'll need another status update for a decision.

heyyyyyyyyy

Postby heyyyyyyyyy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Marionberry wrote:
heyyyyyyyyy wrote:12/6 - got user/pw but still unable to login to site. just heard confirmation via a recommender.

Whaaaa?!?! They already told your recommender? Is this for real?

oui

ahyes

Postby ahyes » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:45 pm

any other 12/6 and 12/8 updaters? ED, interview was on 12/3

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:47 pm

It seems like a nice gesture that GTown does that, but I'd rather hear from the school before a recommender tells me.

mst

Postby mst » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:53 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:It seems like a nice gesture that GTown does that, but I'd rather hear from the school before a recommender tells me.

Well intentioned but from the looks of it on this thread, not a great idea. I think it would make more sense if they sent it a couple weeks later or so...

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:54 pm

mst wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:It seems like a nice gesture that GTown does that, but I'd rather hear from the school before a recommender tells me.

Well intentioned but from the looks of it on this thread, not a great idea. I think it would make more sense if they sent it a couple weeks later or so...

Definitely, especially considering I'm pretty sure none of us 12/6ers have even gotten letters yet, so we shouldn't even know that we're accepted!

heyyyyyyyyy

Postby heyyyyyyyyy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:17 pm

almostfamous wrote:
mst wrote:

Definitely, especially considering I'm pretty sure none of us 12/6ers have even gotten letters yet, so we shouldn't even know that we're accepted!

For the record, they do ask recommenders not to disclose this information to the applicant. But of course, mine broke that rule just as I'd imagine most others would...

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Ok, most wise and wonderful GULC thread, what do you think of this -

my status remains stuck at 11/22
My recommender got an email last week thanking her for her letter. It did NOT say that I was admitted. I have seen the email, so I know this is the case (recommender is my supervisor at work).
I applied PT, my numbers are low.

What do we think this means? They're holding me aside just in case their PT apps aren't up to standard? They're toying with me, because it's hilarious? They're afraid they'll have a shortage of white female applicants from the Northeast?

I know I should chill out, but I'm intrigued by all these pieces. I'm sort of leaning towards they're holding the app in case their PT apps aren't where they want them to be, but I'll probably be rejected at some point.

mcubberly

Postby mcubberly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 pm

snapdragon wrote:Ok, most wise and wonderful GULC thread, what do you think of this -

my status remains stuck at 11/22
My recommender got an email last week thanking her for her letter. It did NOT say that I was admitted. I have seen the email, so I know this is the case (recommender is my supervisor at work).
I applied PT, my numbers are low.

What do we think this means? They're holding me aside just in case their PT apps aren't up to standard? They're toying with me, because it's hilarious? They're afraid they'll have a shortage of white female applicants from the Northeast?

I know I should chill out, but I'm intrigued by all these pieces. I'm sort of leaning towards they're holding the app in case their PT apps aren't where they want them to be, but I'll probably be rejected at some point.

+1 11/22 as well, submitted 10/21. Yeah, it really sucks. I feel like they're doing something weird with the PT people.

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:48 pm

My complete status just changed from 11/12 to 12/08. What does it mean?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”