GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hipstermafia

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 am

Entchen wrote:I submitted yesterday (RD). Good luck, everyone :D I live in DC now, so if you have any questions about the city in general, feel free to ask/PM/whatever. It's an awesome place.

I'm with Entchen (I'm just going to follow you around)! I applied RD, and live in DC now so questions welcome :)

Lookingforanswers

Postby Lookingforanswers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:03 pm

So my three weeks are coming up, does anyone know how one receives the news? GULC is my top choice, so I'm so nervous for the answer!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:04 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
Entchen wrote:I submitted yesterday (RD). Good luck, everyone :D I live in DC now, so if you have any questions about the city in general, feel free to ask/PM/whatever. It's an awesome place.

I'm with Entchen (I'm just going to follow you around)! I applied RD, and live in DC now so questions welcome :)

I'm with both of them.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:10 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:

I'm with both of them.

this is true BIEBS

flow123

Postby flow123 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks are coming up, does anyone know how one receives the news? GULC is my top choice, so I'm so nervous for the answer!

in the past its been by snail-mail.

i submitted my app on the 1st, went complete on the 4th and i'm expecting to get a decision on the 28th. anyone else want to make any predictions?? this is worse than waiting for your LSAT score...

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 pm

flow123 wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks are coming up, does anyone know how one receives the news? GULC is my top choice, so I'm so nervous for the answer!

i submitted my app on the 1st, went complete on the 4th and i'm expecting to get a decision on the 28th. anyone else want to make any predictions?? this is worse than waiting for your LSAT score...

I got mine via e-mail last year.

flow123

Postby flow123 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:44 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
flow123 wrote:

oh really?? is it different if it's an acceptance/waitlist/rejection? bc i remember reading that andy cornblatt sent personal letters to people that were accepted.. or do they email you and send you a letter?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 pm

flow123 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
flow123 wrote:

oh really?? is it different if it's an acceptance/waitlist/rejection? bc i remember reading that andy cornblatt sent personal letters to people that were accepted.. or do they email you and send you a letter?

Yeah, I think early in the cycle it was snail mail, but later it shifted to e-mail. So, who knows.

Lookingforanswers

Postby Lookingforanswers » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 pm

i submitted my app on the 1st, went complete on the 4th and i'm expecting to get a decision on the 28th. anyone else want to make any predictions?? this is worse than waiting for your LSAT score...[/quote]

I got mine via e-mail last year.[/quote]

oh really?? is it different if it's an acceptance/waitlist/rejection? bc i remember reading that andy cornblatt sent personal letters to people that were accepted.. or do they email you and send you a letter?[/quote]

Yeah, I think early in the cycle it was snail mail, but later it shifted to e-mail. So, who knows.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know! Good Luck everyone.

jpk5372

Postby jpk5372 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:59 am

D. H2Oman wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:

I'm with both of them.

As am I! RD submitted 10/4

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:24 am

flow123 wrote:i submitted my app on the 1st, went complete on the 4th and i'm expecting to get a decision on the 28th. anyone else want to make any predictions?? this is worse than waiting for your LSAT score...

Submitted my app on the 1st, went complete on October 8th... I'm expecting (hoping) for the decision to be mailed in the middle of the third week, probably the 26th, and then I'll get it by the 29th (I'm in DC).

I would definitely be down for an email though.. that would make this process a lot quicker.

cigrainger

Postby cigrainger » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Submitted 10/2, complete 10/5, but the date has changed to 10/13. Anybody under review yet? Supposed to be this week right?

LegallyBlonde923

Postby LegallyBlonde923 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 pm

AH just reading this post is making me nervous! Applied 10/1, complete 10/4 (I think), the date changed later to 10/13 though

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:09 pm

I'm complete 10/12. Anyone think the discrepancy has any significance?

jetergrl2ss

Postby jetergrl2ss » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:25 pm

How much does the Flat Jack powerpoint make your want to go to GULC. wow so awesome

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Hey all -- just wanted to say I'm a GULC 1L who really likes it so far. Good luck to everyone in their cycles. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me.

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm

Hmm my application still says "Complete" however the status date has been updated from 10/8 to 10/12 to 10/20...stop toying with me! What does it all mean?!? Sigh, you have 1.5 weeks...

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm

evandm wrote:Hmm my application still says "Complete" however the status date has been updated from 10/8 to 10/12 to 10/20...stop toying with me! What does it all mean?!? Sigh, you have 1.5 weeks...

Weird ... mine said "Complete" on 10/8 and it still says "Complete" but the date has changed to 10/20.

My best guess is that each time they pick up the app and look at it, they update the status checker. I'm guessing that - if the date changes - it's because someone on the adcomm has accessed it.

CoastGuard3

Postby CoastGuard3 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:14 pm

But, are they accessing it for administrative purposes....or because they are reviewing it??

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm

CoastGuard3 wrote:But, are they accessing it for administrative purposes....or because they are reviewing it??

Total wild guess - but I would say it's for upper-level reviewing purposes (e.g., putting all the apps with an index above "XXX" in one pile, etc, etc).

CoastGuard3

Postby CoastGuard3 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm

tttlllsss wrote:
CoastGuard3 wrote:But, are they accessing it for administrative purposes....or because they are reviewing it??

Total wild guess - but I would say it's for upper-level reviewing purposes (e.g., putting all the apps with an index above "XXX" in one pile, etc, etc).

so you're suggesting this is something good? or merely procedural?

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 am

CoastGuard3 wrote:
tttlllsss wrote:

so you're suggesting this is something good? or merely procedural?

I would assume procedural since it seems everyone has received the update.

flow123

Postby flow123 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:10 am

i didn't get the latest update....

MillerTime

Postby MillerTime » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:41 am

flow123 wrote:i didn't get the latest update....

I don't think it's anything to worry about. You probably weren't reviewed in the latest pile. As much as I would like the latest update to be a positive thing, I think it just has to do with where your app is on the stack.

flow123

Postby flow123 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:43 pm

flow123 wrote:I don't think it's anything to worry about. You probably weren't reviewed in the latest pile. As much as I would like the latest update to be a positive thing, I think it just has to do with where your app is on the stack.

Yeah, it's kind of weird though bc they are supposed to reach a decision by Monday, aka 4 days from now. I'm guessing they don't work on weekends, so they probably should reach a decision by tomorrow.... I want an update!!! And by update, I mean a letter saying 'Congratulations!'

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”