GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
T6Hopeful

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby T6Hopeful » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:59 pm

BDN213 wrote:so assuming all 11/29 decisions were made (which could very well not be true), would they send out the rejection e-mails the same day they send out acceptance letters- which would mean an 11/29er would have already received their rejection? or would they somehow systematically plan it so you couldn't predict that easily?

I don't think they put THAT much thought into it. They probably marked which ones they decided to admit, sent those out, and kept the others for further comparison. If after a few reviews of your app (i.e. a few status updates) they don't feel like your numbers/app is up to par, they probably just add you into a batch of WL/reject emails to be sent later. But I don't think they necessarily "plan" to keep you in the dark on purpose.

BDN213

Postby BDN213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 am

i should add i guess that i'm ED and my three weeks is just about up....and this is slowly killing me

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:04 am

BDN213 wrote:i should add i guess that i'm ED and my three weeks is just about up....and this is slowly killing me

Ah, well I can sympathize, since it's early decision time at my ED choice as well. I know it's hard, but just wait out tomorrow, and if something was sent out in the mail on the 29th you should get it by Saturday at the latest. Best of luck.

ndbrenner

Postby ndbrenner » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
BDN213 wrote:so assuming all 11/29 decisions were made (which could very well not be true), would they send out the rejection e-mails the same day they send out acceptance letters- which would mean an 11/29er would have already received their rejection? or would they somehow systematically plan it so you couldn't predict that easily?

I don't think they put THAT much thought into it. They probably marked which ones they decided to admit, sent those out, and kept the others for further comparison. If after a few reviews of your app (i.e. a few status updates) they don't feel like your numbers/app is up to par, they probably just add you into a batch of WL/reject emails to be sent later. But I don't think they necessarily "plan" to keep you in the dark on purpose.

So if I've been stuck at 11/23, does that mean I'm probably stuck in a WL/reject batch??

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:06 am

ironteacher wrote:I just got home and got my letter too. I feel relieved because now I have a concrete option that I would be very satisfied with. FYI, I am a DC resident in the 11/29 crowd. I would imagine those with the same 11/29 pattern residing further afield will be hearing tomorrow.

I have been checking the mail and crossing my fingers for this letter all week. I HOPE you're right! Just maybe it'll curb all my stress eating. I've gained 7lbs over the last two months :/ Heh. 11/29 crew ftw!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:13 am

moxiepostulate wrote:
ironteacher wrote:I just got home and got my letter too. I feel relieved because now I have a concrete option that I would be very satisfied with. FYI, I am a DC resident in the 11/29 crowd. I would imagine those with the same 11/29 pattern residing further afield will be hearing tomorrow.

I have been checking the mail and crossing my fingers for this letter all week. I HOPE you're right! Just maybe it'll curb all my stress eating. I've gained 7lbs over the last two months :/ Heh. 11/29 crew ftw!

Tell me about it. Popping Sour Patch Kids and refreshing status checkers FTW.
T6Hopeful wrote:
BDN213 wrote:i should add i guess that i'm ED and my three weeks is just about up....and this is slowly killing me

Ah, well I can sympathize, since it's early decision time at my ED choice as well. I know it's hard, but just wait out tomorrow, and if something was sent out in the mail on the 29th you should get it by Saturday at the latest. Best of luck.

Good luck with CLS T6! (And good luck with GTown BDN!)

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 am

ndbrenner wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

So if I've been stuck at 11/23, does that mean I'm probably stuck in a WL/reject batch??

Not necessarily, your date could very easily change tomorrow and then you'd be on here next week speculating about the 12/3'ers. My point was just that while all of us crazy people try and rationalize every move, I have a feeling the admissions office isn't being THAT thought-out about it. Who knows, maybe the entire schedule operates by how much time Dean Cornblatt has to sign notes in a given week?

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Good luck with CLS T6! (And good luck with GTown BDN!)

Thank you again greatly, Habit!

ODBCP

Postby ODBCP » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 am

best part about applying to GULC?

everyone else is so obsessive compulsive about it that this thread is ALWAYS on the front page of TLS, and somehow that makes me feel better.

silly101

Postby silly101 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:39 am

so why do you guys all want GULC?
are most of you guys interested in the DC/policy stuff?

Prince Akeem

Postby Prince Akeem » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:45 am

Congrats to those who have already gotten in. Does any one know when I should expect a decision? I just interviewed on Tuesday, 11/30. My status is stuck on 11/16, the day I was invited to interview.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 am

Prince Akeem wrote:Congrats to those who have already gotten in. Does any one know when I should expect a decision? I just interviewed on Tuesday, 11/30. My status is stuck on 11/16, the day I was invited to interview.

Same question, nearly same dates.

I haven't updated yet either- it may be our interviewers have already reported and they'll consider us soon (monday?) as a group.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:57 am

silly101 wrote:so why do you guys all want GULC?

That does appeal to me a great deal. Although I can't speak for everybody else.

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
Prince Akeem wrote:Congrats to those who have already gotten in. Does any one know when I should expect a decision? I just interviewed on Tuesday, 11/30. My status is stuck on 11/16, the day I was invited to interview.

I haven't updated yet either- it may be our interviewers have already reported and they'll consider us soon (monday?) as a group.

The only interviewed person I know of who has heard back interviewed at the very beginning of Nov. and he just heard back around last week. I interviewed 11/6 and still haven't heard anything, for reference.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:01 am

almostfamous wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

The only interviewed person I know of who has heard back interviewed at the very beginning of Nov. and he just heard back around last week. I interviewed 11/6 and still haven't heard anything, for reference.

/kills self

almostfamous

Postby almostfamous » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:02 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
almostfamous wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:

/kills self

tell me about it. my status checker hasn't moved in over 3 weeks :? BUT maybe you'll have better luck than I have!

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 am

Because there's a Billygoat Tavern across the street from the Law campus.

http://www.billygoattavern.com/

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:05 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
cldplayts wrote:are people receiving letters at their current or permanent address? (assuming these are different)

Yah I'm wondering what to do regarding addressing- I'm gonna be away from my current address for 3 weeks starting the 11th, and I'd hate to have to wait until I got back to find out. However, it hardly seems worth it to notify schools of that.

I received my letter at my current address rather than my permanent (I also indicated that my current address was current until 08/11).

And if you're worried about being away from your address, you could just forward all of your mail :D It's pretty easy to do for a set time frame.

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 am

RTFM wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
cldplayts wrote:are people receiving letters at their current or permanent address? (assuming these are different)

Yah I'm wondering what to do regarding addressing- I'm gonna be away from my current address for 3 weeks starting the 11th, and I'd hate to have to wait until I got back to find out. However, it hardly seems worth it to notify schools of that.

I received my letter at my current address rather than my permanent (I also indicated that my current address was current until 08/11).

And if you're worried about being away from your address, you could just forward all of your mail :D It's pretty easy to do for a set time frame.

Mm, I could do that. Thanks for the tip!

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 am

I'm pretty attracted to their curriculum B.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:39 am

So... I have not got my letter yet, but I was just able to log onto the admitted students site. EPIC WIN?

I'm part of the 11/29 crowd.

Rainer

Postby Rainer » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 am

buckilaw wrote:So... I have not got my letter yet, but I was just able to log onto the admitted students site. EPIC WIN?

I'm part of the 11/29 crowd.

+1

I had received the email several days ago with login and password, but had been too apprehensive to try logging on, but the site worked!! It said "Welcome, [Rainer]" :D I'm going to take that as a pretty epic win.

No letter yet...

erim

Postby erim » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 am

I have not heard from GULC.

I tried to login the Admitted Students Site, but it said that "The Graduate Admitted Students Website is not yet open."

I don't know what's the problem.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 am

Oh man, 12/1 is only my second complete date, and looking at LSN leads me to believe that I've still got at least a couple more weeks left before I have a chance of getting a decision, but I'm already super-antsy about decisions. I didn't realize just how appealing the school is to me until I applied. Good luck to everyone, and I hope you all get exciting letters from GULC tomorrow.

eliekedourie

Postby eliekedourie » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 am

Arbiter213 wrote:

I have not heard any great intel on how status checkers will update for interviewees. I interviewed on 11/30 and have had interviews on 12/1 and now 12/2. I don't know what this means either.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:02 am

BTW for the 11/10--11/29ers. I was one of the ones who got the admitted students site e-mail but could not log in. Well, I am cruising the site now, which seems like a good sign.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”