GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Excellence = a Habit

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am

HowdyYall wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Finally caved and checked admitted students. Got an email with password :) It still doesn't work to log me in, but given the recent history with this phenomenon, I am well satisfied. Hooray 8)

(11/10 --> 11/23 --> 11/29)

same exact. But im kindof doubting that just getting password and username means acceptance or anything at all. I mean if you can log in I could see that mattering but getting an invalid password??!?

EDIT: sorry to be debbie downer :)

Well, I've tried requesting a password 2 or 3 times previously in the past week or so (just not today), and I always got the error message until today. This seems to be a pattern with people who are about to receive letters, and I have yet to hear of it happening to anyone who doesn't soon receive a letter (to my remembrance). That said, it certainly isn't a 100% thing.

cyxdev17

Postby cyxdev17 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:40 am

I really can't imagine getting a password/username not meaning anything. They have to have a database of last names/emails that work on the site, and I doubt that random names of other applicants could somehow infiltrate that list.

That said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the mail. Which is sad, because I've gotten into another school that I think I would go to over Georgetown... But who knows. This process is kind of stressful and exciting at the same time!

Rainer

Postby Rainer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 am

cyxdev17 wrote:I really can't imagine getting a password/username not meaning anything. They have to have a database of last names/emails that work on the site, and I doubt that random names of other applicants could somehow infiltrate that list.

That said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the mail. Which is sad, because I've gotten into another school that I think I would go to over Georgetown... But who knows. This process is kind of stressful and exciting at the same time!

Yes, it's funny because before when I tried unsuccessfully I thought, if only! Now, after receiving the email, it's been difficult convincing myself it means something. :roll:

I do doubt, however, that all applicants are a part of the admitted students database. Do we really think GULC is that disorganized? I don't.

oscodasa

Postby oscodasa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:42 am

Rainer wrote:
cyxdev17 wrote:I really can't imagine getting a password/username not meaning anything. They have to have a database of last names/emails that work on the site, and I doubt that random names of other applicants could somehow infiltrate that list.

Yes, it's funny because before when I tried unsuccessfully I thought, if only! Now, after receiving the email, it's been difficult convincing myself it means something. :roll:

I do doubt, however, that all applicants are a part of the admitted students database. Do we really think GULC is that disorganized? I don't.

Even so, it seems very probably that this could be easily explained through a computer glitch. There do seem to be a pretty good amount of people who received the e-mail, which gives me great pause.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am

oscodasa wrote:
Rainer wrote:

Even so, it seems very probably that this could be easily explained through a computer glitch. There do seem to be a pretty good amount of people who received the e-mail, which gives me great pause.

I was thinking more lik, when they put someone under review they add them into a system; and then once accepted they validate your password.

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:28 am

I don't know what type of computer glitch it could be exactly. I mean I was never able to do it when I tried until I updated to 11/29 and I was able to do it today. Granted I haven't been trying as much as the rest of you. I have a question that might clear it up though. Of those accepted, were your mailings updated before you received your letter? Mine isn't...all it still mentions is the app fee. If they were then there's an obvious flaw, but if they weren't until after you received your letter than maybe there is more to it. Who knows. I don't trust it though.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 am

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know what type of computer glitch it could be exactly. I mean I was never able to do it when I tried until I updated to 11/29 and I was able to do it today. Granted I haven't been trying as much as the rest of you. I have a question that might clear it up though. Of those accepted, were your mailings updated before you received your letter? Mine isn't...all it still mentions is the app fee. If they were then there's an obvious flaw, but if they weren't until after you received your letter than maybe there is more to it. Who knows. I don't trust it though.

I'm pretty sure it says right on the status checker page that they don't update the mailings section.

buckilaw

Postby buckilaw » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:56 am

oscodasa wrote:Even so, it seems very probably that this could be easily explained through a computer glitch. There do seem to be a pretty good amount of people who received the e-mail, which gives me great pause.

GULC's class size is enormous. TLS users tend to have higher numbers and to apply early. I think it's perfectly plausible that a sizeable amount of the posters in this thread will be admitted. So I am not looking at the great number of TLS users who have been able to get their login info as evidence that questions the value of the login info. And I have yet to hear of someone receiving the login info and not receiving a letter a few days later.

tipler4213

Postby tipler4213 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:59 am

buckilaw wrote:
oscodasa wrote:Even so, it seems very probably that this could be easily explained through a computer glitch. There do seem to be a pretty good amount of people who received the e-mail, which gives me great pause.

GULC's class size is enormous. TLS users tend to have higher numbers and to apply early. I think it's perfectly plausible that a sizeable amount of the posters in this thread will be admitted. So I am not looking at the great number of TLS users who have been able to get their login info as evidence that questions the value of the login info. And I have yet to hear of someone receiving the login info and not receiving a letter a few days later.

+1

oscodasa

Postby oscodasa » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 pm

buckilaw wrote:

Fair enough. In truth I haven't followed this thread for more than a couple of days and I'm more cautious than optimistic.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:13 pm

I was in the 11/22 batch and there were a bunch of us that were able to log in. I was skeptical too after it let me log in then wouldn't the next day, but I ended up getting my letter 2 days later. Those who got the email can be 99% sure they're admitted.

Whoever asked about the time between interview and decision... I was the first to interview on 11/1 received my decision in the mail on 11/26. Had about 3 updates since interviewing. HTH

ansberryj

Postby ansberryj » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

is there anyone else that was updated to 11/29 but can't get the email with the log in info?

silly101

Postby silly101 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:19 pm

sorry for stupid question
but how do you get an interview?

and if you dont interview are your chances a lot less?

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 pm

silly101 wrote:sorry for stupid question
but how do you get an interview?

and if you dont interview are your chances a lot less?

If they want to interview you, they will email you. Interviews are for borderline/splitter candidates

Non-Chalant1

Postby Non-Chalant1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:31 pm

musicfor18 wrote:
Non-Chalant1 wrote:I don't know what type of computer glitch it could be exactly. I mean I was never able to do it when I tried until I updated to 11/29 and I was able to do it today. Granted I haven't been trying as much as the rest of you. I have a question that might clear it up though. Of those accepted, were your mailings updated before you received your letter? Mine isn't...all it still mentions is the app fee. If they were then there's an obvious flaw, but if they weren't until after you received your letter than maybe there is more to it. Who knows. I don't trust it though.

I'm pretty sure it says right on the status checker page that they don't update the mailings section.

Shows you how much I pay attention :oops:

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:33 pm

who's still stuck with me at 11/18?

also... still no PT admits??

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm

mistermister wrote:who's still stuck with me at 11/18?

I'm still stuck at 11/18... :(

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:54 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:

FT/PT/either? when did you submit/complete?

bistduverrueckt

Postby bistduverrueckt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:58 pm

So have any 11/29ers gotten acceptance mail yet?
I'm at school and having law school correspondence delivered to my home address so I don't even have the ability to obsessively check my mailbox :(.

coug11

Postby coug11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 pm

ansberryj wrote:is there anyone else that was updated to 11/29 but can't get the email with the log in info?

Yes, I'm with you there! I have no clue what it means... probably nothing...

vegenator

Postby vegenator » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:

+1

123kl

Postby 123kl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm

vegenator wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

+1

+1, RD

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 pm

mistermister wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

FT/PT/either? when did you submit/complete?

FT, RD, Complete 11/15-->11/18

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:06 pm

123kl wrote:
vegenator wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

+1

+1, RD

*raises hand* :(

birdlaw117

Postby birdlaw117 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 pm

Maybe today is the day us 18ers get updated. Does anyone know when the status checker gets updated? I think it's only updated once a day... right? I'm way too obsessive about this...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”