GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby trudat15 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 pm

timmna wrote:So no successful 23rds log into the site today?


Sounds like no. Hopefully some of us 23rds will get something on Friday/Sat in the mail.

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Teflon1974 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:02 pm

trudat15 wrote:
timmna wrote:So no successful 23rds log into the site today?


Sounds like no. Hopefully some of us 23rds will get something on Friday/Sat in the mail.


Also a 23rd. No luck getting on the site either.

User avatar
brosef stalin
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby brosef stalin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 pm

What does everyone think about the chances of those who were able to log into the site yesterday yet are unable to get in today?

Teflon1974
Posts: 79
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Teflon1974 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:09 pm

brosef stalin wrote:What does everyone think about the chances of those who were able to log into the site yesterday yet are unable to get in today?


I think they realized there was a hole in the system and fixed it.

User avatar
Rainer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Rainer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:35 am

Teflon1974 wrote:
brosef stalin wrote:What does everyone think about the chances of those who were able to log into the site yesterday yet are unable to get in today?


I think they realized there was a hole in the system and fixed it.



Most likely. It's stressful being six hours ahead of EST!

And I really want to try the admitted students site again :D

11/10 --> 11/23 here

jamiLAW
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:50 am

Marionberry wrote:Where did the idea come from that the date of the status checker has some significance? Isn't it possible that it doesn't mean anything?


I really don't think it means anything. In fact, I went and read some BC admit posts from last year and it turns out dates were completely irrelevant. People on here just want some clue as to where they're accepted so bad they begin looking too far into things.

User avatar
daisyduke
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby daisyduke » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 pm

jamiLAW wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Where did the idea come from that the date of the status checker has some significance? Isn't it possible that it doesn't mean anything?


I really don't think it means anything. In fact, I went and read some BC admit posts from last year and it turns out dates were completely irrelevant. People on here just want some clue as to where they're accepted so bad they begin looking too far into things.


We have all also seen patterns with the ever-changing dates. The dates update all the time and then every once in a while a group of people all with the same date will get the acceptance letters. So if someone stuck on your same date hears, there is better chance for you is the theory. So it does kind of mean something.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby wiseguy33 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:27 pm

daisyduke wrote:
jamiLAW wrote:
Marionberry wrote:Where did the idea come from that the date of the status checker has some significance? Isn't it possible that it doesn't mean anything?


I really don't think it means anything. In fact, I went and read some BC admit posts from last year and it turns out dates were completely irrelevant. People on here just want some clue as to where they're accepted so bad they begin looking too far into things.


We have all also seen patterns with the ever-changing dates. The dates update all the time and then every once in a while a group of people all with the same date will get the acceptance letters. So if someone stuck on your same date hears, there is better chance for you is the theory. So it does kind of mean something.


+1

Everyone w/my exact pattern of completion dates got in, and received letters on the exact same day too. There's a method to the madness.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:16 am

Was just able to log in to the Admitted Students site with the same username and pw I've had all along, after not being able to yesterday.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:21 am

eskimo wrote:Was just able to log in to the Admitted Students site with the same username and pw I've had all along, after not being able to yesterday.


Me too! Whoop Whoop :mrgreen: I just can't wait for the letter so I can relax a little bit and start worrying about Penn

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 am

Mike12188 wrote:
eskimo wrote:Was just able to log in to the Admitted Students site with the same username and pw I've had all along, after not being able to yesterday.


Me too! Whoop Whoop :mrgreen: I just can't wait for the letter so I can relax a little bit and start worrying about Penn stressing about freaking Chicago until February.

ftfm

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:25 am

eskimo wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
eskimo wrote:Was just able to log in to the Admitted Students site with the same username and pw I've had all along, after not being able to yesterday.


Me too! Whoop Whoop :mrgreen: I just can't wait for the letter so I can relax a little bit and start worrying about Penn stressing about freaking Chicago until February.

ftfm


FEB!?! I feel for you. I ED'd to Penn so 12/31 at the latest, thank god, hopefully 12/9 like last year. Good Luck

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:26 am

Yes. Unless they completely revamp their admissions process, I will hear no earlier than the first week of February. A Georgetown letter would very, very much de-stress me though, as these are probably two of my top three choices.

User avatar
bistduverrueckt
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bistduverrueckt » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:30 am

any 11/24s able to log in via admitted students yet?

User avatar
brosef stalin
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby brosef stalin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:02 am

Another 11/23er able to log in again. :D

Edit: Oops, 11/22er.
Last edited by brosef stalin on Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:05 am

brosef stalin wrote:Another 11/23er able to log in again. :D

yayyy!

Mail comes tomorrow, right?

Edit: I mean, mail in general, not just acceptance letters. But hopefully those will come too?

User avatar
brosef stalin
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby brosef stalin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:09 am

eskimo wrote:
brosef stalin wrote:Another 11/23er able to log in again. :D

yayyy!

Mail comes tomorrow, right?

Edit: I mean, mail in general, not just acceptance letters. But hopefully those will come too?


Yep. Here's hoping for (good) news.

User avatar
icouldbuyu
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby icouldbuyu » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:38 am

Is the admissions office open today?

User avatar
nihilism is key
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby nihilism is key » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Got my letter in NY today!!! I'm from the 11/23 "able to log on to the site then unable to log on when they figured out what we were up to crew".

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bdubs » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 pm

nihilism is key wrote:Got my letter in NY today!!! I'm from the 11/23 "able to log on to the site then unable to log on when they figured out what we were up to crew".


Thank god... I was concerned. Hope to get mine when I get back to DC tomorrow.

BTW- I am now able to get into the site again. Just came back online this morning.

calihopeful
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:00 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby calihopeful » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Are you guys 22 or 23??? I can't update access website and I updated 22 and 23. Starting to get worried... although I did ED if that makes a difference

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bdubs » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:32 pm

calihopeful wrote:Are you guys 22 or 23??? I can't update access website and I updated 22 and 23. Starting to get worried... although I did ED if that makes a difference


I am 11/22 final update. I also had the 11/2, 11/17, 11/22 update pattern.

Also, RD app.

User avatar
bananaboat29
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bananaboat29 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:37 pm

bdubs wrote:
nihilism is key wrote:Got my letter in NY today!!! I'm from the 11/23 "able to log on to the site then unable to log on when they figured out what we were up to crew".


Thank god... I was concerned. Hope to get mine when I get back to DC tomorrow.

BTW- I am now able to get into the site again. Just came back online this morning.


Back on the site too...hopefully letter is waiting for me on Sunday night.

jimraynor
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:25 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby jimraynor » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:54 pm

22nd - got my letter today.

Did anyone get scholarship info with their letter?

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:56 pm

not me :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”