GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sentry

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Sentry » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 pm

I can't get into the admitted students site for some reason. oh well

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 pm

bananaboat29

Postby bananaboat29 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:40 pm

jpinjuv wrote:
bananaboat29 wrote:IN via admitted students website! Can anyone confirm that this is real?

Congrats!! When was your last complete date if you don't mind me asking?

Last update was 11/22, had at least three (submitted 11/2)...really hope that the letter is in my mailbox when I get home from work...do not want to spend the holiday explaining to my parents how I *think* I got in to Georgetown law.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 pm

eskimo wrote:
CastleRock wrote:got my package in the mail today.

Package? Or letter?

Also, I just got into the Admitted Students site but I heard about that girl who got in it but wasn't actually accepted so I'm not getting excited unless I get an actual letter...

Eskimo I see that little text. I just was able to log in too!!!!! Tried it at 4:30 and no dice, but just now I got in. Very happy and praying that your note is wrong.

Submitted 10/27 First complete 11/1 Subsequent 11/2, 11/17, 11/22

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 pm

I don't think that was at GULC, by the way - I just remember reading that in a thread the other day so I just want to be cautiously optimistic!

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:52 pm

are all PT/either people stuck at 11/18 too?

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 pm

mistermister wrote:are all PT/either people stuck at 11/18 too?

I am PT and stuck on 10/25 rofl rofl rofl

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm PT on 11/22. But I have a feeling it's a ding, so take that as you will. I was amazed I didn't get the email yesterday.

mistermister

Postby mistermister » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:11 pm

snapdragon wrote:I'm PT on 11/22. But I have a feeling it's a ding, so take that as you will. I was amazed I didn't get the email yesterday.

what makes you think ding?

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm

IN!!! Via snail mail...never got a status checker, so can't tell you what was happening there.

Letter was postmarked 11/17.

TrustMeI'mAnActress

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:23 pm

to those who have been able to log into the admitted students site, did you use the same user name and password as you use for your status checker?

icouldbuyu

Postby icouldbuyu » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm

mistermister wrote:are all PT/either people stuck at 11/18 too?

I'm PT and FT and it's complete as of 11/22.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:to those who have been able to log into the admitted students site, did you use the same user name and password as you use for your status checker?

No, you go to the admitted students link I posted above and enter your last name and email.

snapdragon

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:29 pm

mistermister wrote:
snapdragon wrote:I'm PT on 11/22. But I have a feeling it's a ding, so take that as you will. I was amazed I didn't get the email yesterday.

what makes you think ding?

My numbers twin, who was ED, got dinged yesterday ;)

TrustMeI'mAnActress

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 pm

eskimo wrote:
TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:to those who have been able to log into the admitted students site, did you use the same user name and password as you use for your status checker?

No, you go to the admitted students link I posted above and enter your last name and email.

gotcha! do we think there is any downside to trying this out before hearing? i'm super eager, but a little nervous...

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:
eskimo wrote:

gotcha! do we think there is any downside to trying this out before hearing? i'm super eager, but a little nervous...

Georgetown admitted 2600+ students last year, I don't think it will be a problem. I am the one who initiated this gun jumping and it didn't keep them from letting me access the website (which I am assuming means that I am in).

Michigan has this too and people seem to be doing it frequently there without consequence.

nihilism is key

Postby nihilism is key » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 pm

I GOT INTO THE ADMITTED STUDENTS WEBSITE. Pleeease tell me this actually means acceptance! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I did the forgot password, was e-mailed a username/password, logged in and there is a welcome message from Dean Cornblatt saying Welcome, nihilism is key.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:44 pm

nihilism is key wrote:I GOT INTO THE ADMITTED STUDENTS WEBSITE. Pleeease tell me this actually means acceptance! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I did the forgot password, was e-mailed a username/password, logged in and there is a welcome message from Dean Cornblatt saying Welcome, nihilism is key.

I was unable to access the site until after 5 PM today, so I would venture to guess that yes this means we are in. Same msg from the dean with my first name on the entrance page.

nihilism is key

Postby nihilism is key » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 pm

bdubs wrote:
nihilism is key wrote:I GOT INTO THE ADMITTED STUDENTS WEBSITE. Pleeease tell me this actually means acceptance! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I did the forgot password, was e-mailed a username/password, logged in and there is a welcome message from Dean Cornblatt saying Welcome, nihilism is key.

I was unable to access the site until after 5 PM today, so I would venture to guess that yes this means we are in. Same msg from the dean with my first name on the entrance page.

Eskimo has scared me a lil bit. Don't want to get too excited just to be very very sad a few days from now. Eskimo, any chance you remember the thread where the girl got in but wasn't accepted?

thereelshaq

Postby thereelshaq » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

I did this as well. Seems legit, as this is the message on the front of the page:

"Welcome, XXXX, to the Georgetown Law admitted students website... thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you in person and hopefully welcoming you to Georgetown next Fall."

hooray!

clevermoose

Postby clevermoose » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:54 pm

In via admitted students page today.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:55 pm

clevermoose wrote:In via admitted students page today.

How does that work?

bananaboat29

Postby bananaboat29 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 pm

thereelshaq wrote:

I did this as well. Seems legit, as this is the message on the front of the page:

"Welcome, XXXX, to the Georgetown Law admitted students website... thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you in person and hopefully welcoming you to Georgetown next Fall."

hooray!

So scared to believe that this is legit...anyone want to call tomorrow and ask? I call not it.

WestOfTheRest

Postby WestOfTheRest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 pm

bananaboat29 wrote:
thereelshaq wrote:

hooray!

So scared to believe that this is legit...anyone want to call tomorrow and ask? I call not it.

It's more legit than not. Sometimes people get in who shouldn't, but this is not very common.

jpinjuv

Postby jpinjuv » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm

clevermoose wrote:In via admitted students page today.

+ 1

First of the cycle :) Thanks GULC for making thanksgiving a lil better than it already is.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”