GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 am

Woohoo, I updated too! 11/10 --> 11/23. As others have said, I definitely changed within the last hour or so... so for others who were at 11/10 and hadn't changed yet, maybe it's still to come in the next little while.

What does it meeeeean.

Oh yeah, submitted 10/31.
Last edited by Excellence = a Habit on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 am

timmna wrote:Did you guys try the admitted students site like they did earlier?

Submitted 11/3 and still at 11/10. Maybe (hopefully) it's coming?


Could you let me know your numbers? Did you apply for a dual degree? Retake?
I want to see why we are both stuck...

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby timmna » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am

tipler4213 wrote:
timmna wrote:Did you guys try the admitted students site like they did earlier?

Submitted 11/3 and still at 11/10. Maybe (hopefully) it's coming?


Could you let me know your numbers? Did you apply for a dual degree? Retake?
I want to see why we are both stuck...


3.4 169, but I am AA urm. So might be too unpredictable to offer you any insight. No dual degree.

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 am

timmna wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
timmna wrote:Did you guys try the admitted students site like they did earlier?

Submitted 11/3 and still at 11/10. Maybe (hopefully) it's coming?


Could you let me know your numbers? Did you apply for a dual degree? Retake?
I want to see why we are both stuck...


3.4 169, but I am AA urm. So might be too unpredictable to offer you any insight. No dual degree.


Oh, well I just PMed you. I am impatient haha. Well goodluck!

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby timmna » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:47 am

tipler4213 wrote:
timmna wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:
timmna wrote:Did you guys try the admitted students site like they did earlier?

Submitted 11/3 and still at 11/10. Maybe (hopefully) it's coming?


Could you let me know your numbers? Did you apply for a dual degree? Retake?
I want to see why we are both stuck...


3.4 169, but I am AA urm. So might be too unpredictable to offer you any insight. No dual degree.


Oh, well I just PMed you. I am impatient haha. Well goodluck!


And apparently I am indiscreet. Thanks; you too! We might still change yet!

tykette
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby tykette » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Just changed from 11/17 - 11/23... What does this mean? Do we think the letters are coming now? Ugh.

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 2011Cycle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm

deleted
Last edited by 2011Cycle on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:50 pm

tykette wrote:Just changed from 11/17 - 11/23... What does this mean? Do we think the letters are coming now? Ugh.


I was 11/17->11/22, hoping that they are preparing a big batch of letters to send out today or tomorrow.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 pm

quick question: I've been hesitant to start my application because I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger and go ED or just go with regular decision. On the LSAC screen when you select the term and it gives the warning that says:

"Once you save this application for processing, you will no longer be able to select any other application for the same term and academic year for this school."

Does that mean you need to select ED or regular before you even look at the application? Should have asked this weeks ago.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Perch wrote:quick question: I've been hesitant to start my application because I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger and go ED or just go with regular decision. On the LSAC screen when you select the term and it gives the warning that says:

"Once you save this application for processing, you will no longer be able to select any other application for the same term and academic year for this school."

Does that mean you need to select ED or regular before you even look at the application? Should have asked this weeks ago.


it doesn't really matter...last year i submitted the RD form but then a few weeks later e-mailed them to switch my app to ED and they did so.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bdubs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Perch wrote:quick question: I've been hesitant to start my application because I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger and go ED or just go with regular decision. On the LSAC screen when you select the term and it gives the warning that says:

"Once you save this application for processing, you will no longer be able to select any other application for the same term and academic year for this school."

Does that mean you need to select ED or regular before you even look at the application? Should have asked this weeks ago.


This isn't actually true, you can delete your app and restart using a different choice. Just unassign any LORs and you are fine. I would just select the ED so you can look at the contract. If you change your mind just delete it and start again RD.

Applies to all schools, not just GULC.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Perch » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:36 pm

bdubs wrote:
Perch wrote:quick question: I've been hesitant to start my application because I don't know if I am going to pull the trigger and go ED or just go with regular decision. On the LSAC screen when you select the term and it gives the warning that says:

"Once you save this application for processing, you will no longer be able to select any other application for the same term and academic year for this school."

Does that mean you need to select ED or regular before you even look at the application? Should have asked this weeks ago.


This isn't actually true, you can delete your app and restart using a different choice. Just unassign any LORs and you are fine. I would just select the ED so you can look at the contract. If you change your mind just delete it and start again RD.

Applies to all schools, not just GULC.


thanks bdubs and Misslucky for the advice.

calihopeful
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:00 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby calihopeful » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

My status changed dates on the 22nd. I am ED and received no rejection/wait list email that day. Does this mean anything other than I am not yet denied? Any reason to be optimistic?

User avatar
zreinhar
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby zreinhar » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Does GULC have a deadline for ED? I was under the assumption they did...

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Hopefully they can't see me trying to hack into the admitted students' site every so often. :mrgreen:

(...no luck on that front, fwiw)

User avatar
Rainer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Rainer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:54 pm

Hey everyone! I just checked and I've been updated! 11/10 to 11/23! I hope this is a good sign.

Let's get some news soon!

User avatar
Blindc1rca
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Blindc1rca » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Stuck at 11/18...

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Blindc1rca wrote:Stuck at 11/18...


+1

User avatar
birdlaw117
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby birdlaw117 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:Stuck at 11/18...


+1

Samesies. When did you guys apply?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Magnifique1908 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:53 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:
Blindc1rca wrote:Stuck at 11/18...


+1

Samesies. When did you guys apply?


11/12, updated to complete 11/15, then to 11/18. So third update, but clearly it hasn't been long enough for me to complain :lol:

Not that I won't anyway :oops:

cep698
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cep698 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Did anybody else notice on their status checker when their "Both" status (I applied to both PT and FT) switched to just "Full-Time"? This happened on one of my last updates (I'm 11/2-11/17-11/22) Is it a good sign??

User avatar
softsgalore
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby softsgalore » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Okay, folks. Flipping out here, so please help.

I got an email today from one of the admissions folks at GULC, saying that dean Cornblatt has "enjoyed reviewing your materials" and wants to phone me, and wanted a good number to call (the phone number I had on my application is dead right now for reasons beyond my control).

So like any TLS lurker, I checked out a ton of this thread, and no one else is getting phone calls. TLS psychics: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? I'm pretty much in a state of absolute and total freakout until I get this phone call (when I told a friend of mine about this, his response was to have a friend call and pose as Dean Cornblatt). They wouldn't have the DEAN call just to ask an app question, right?

My horrific anxiety and impostor syndrome is flaring up and is like, "Yeah, he'll probably say 'haha, you had the WORST APP OF THE YEAR! We all got a great laugh out of it when I tacked it up in the breakroom. Thanks for the giggles! Happy Thanksgiving!"

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Tanicius » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:33 pm

softsgalore wrote:Okay, folks. Flipping out here, so please help.

I got an email today from one of the admissions folks at GULC, saying that dean Cornblatt has "enjoyed reviewing your materials" and wants to phone me, and wanted a good number to call (the phone number I had on my application is dead right now for reasons beyond my control).

So like any TLS lurker, I checked out a ton of this thread, and no one else is getting phone calls. TLS psychics: WHAT DOES IT MEAN? I'm pretty much in a state of absolute and total freakout until I get this phone call (when I told a friend of mine about this, his response was to have a friend call and pose as Dean Cornblatt). They wouldn't have the DEAN call just to ask an app question, right?

My horrific anxiety and impostor syndrome is flaring up and is like, "Yeah, he'll probably say 'haha, you had the WORST APP OF THE YEAR! We all got a great laugh out of it when I tacked it up in the breakroom. Thanks for the giggles! Happy Thanksgiving!"



Yeah, that guess at the end is probably what's going on.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:34 pm

softsgalore, it sounds like a good sign, since I'm pretty sure schools don't call with bad news.

User avatar
softsgalore
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby softsgalore » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:36 pm

Tanicius, since you're the jerk of a friend who called pretending to be Dean Cornblatt, YOU ARE ON NOTICE.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”