GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MillerTime » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:55 pm

Unfortunately, the old forums don't tell us much about this year's three week turn around for ED applicants. Next year's applicants are lucky they have us documenting everything haha

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lookingforanswers » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

So my three weeks were up today and I got no response from the school yet, I took from the wisdom of previous posters and grabbed a bear, no news is good news, so they could mean they will contact you in the third week, just letting everyone else know, don't expect an answer on the day it hits three weeks.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

My status date updated to today as well.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks were up today and I got no response from the school yet, I took from the wisdom of previous posters and grabbed a bear, no news is good news, so they could mean they will contact you in the third week, just letting everyone else know, don't expect an answer on the day it hits three weeks.


Maybe they mailed out your decision today?

User avatar
theavrock
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:52 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby theavrock » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:31 pm

cigrainger wrote:My status date updated to today as well.


Ditto, I am a RD'er though.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:34 pm

theavrock wrote:
cigrainger wrote:My status date updated to today as well.


Ditto, I am a RD'er though.


Me too.

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lookingforanswers » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:54 pm

cigrainger wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks were up today and I got no response from the school yet, I took from the wisdom of previous posters and grabbed a bear, no news is good news, so they could mean they will contact you in the third week, just letting everyone else know, don't expect an answer on the day it hits three weeks.


Maybe they mailed out your decision today?


I hope so!

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MillerTime » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Lookingforanswers wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks were up today and I got no response from the school yet, I took from the wisdom of previous posters and grabbed a bear, no news is good news, so they could mean they will contact you in the third week, just letting everyone else know, don't expect an answer on the day it hits three weeks.


Maybe they mailed out your decision today?


I hope so!


Yea, I was under the impression that they will mail a decision WITHIN three weeks. I'm just hoping to see my status checker change to "decision rendered" or something along those lines when my deadline comes around. Did your status checker give you any indication that they made a decision?

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lookingforanswers » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 pm

evandm wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
Lookingforanswers wrote:So my three weeks were up today and I got no response from the school yet, I took from the wisdom of previous posters and grabbed a bear, no news is good news, so they could mean they will contact you in the third week, just letting everyone else know, don't expect an answer on the day it hits three weeks.


Maybe they mailed out your decision today?


I hope so!


Yea, I was under the impression that they will mail a decision WITHIN three weeks. I'm just hoping to see my status checker change to "decision rendered" or something along those lines when my deadline comes around. Did your status checker give you any indication that they made a decision?


Nope hasn't been been updated since the 20th

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 pm

GULC requested an interview with me. Anyone have any ideas on the type of questions they will be asking?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Are all the people getting interview requests ED applicants??

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18421
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bk1 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:25 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Are all the people getting interview requests ED applicants??


No.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 am

Lol.. Complete date updated again. That makes 10/08, 10/13, 10/22 and now 10/26.

User avatar
cigrainger
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby cigrainger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 am

tkgrrett wrote:Lol.. Complete date updated again. That makes 10/08, 10/13, 10/22 and now 10/26.


Maybe they're just messing with us.

e46m52
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby e46m52 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:30 am

tkgrrett wrote:Lol.. Complete date updated again. That makes 10/08, 10/13, 10/22 and now 10/26.


interesting - mine still is complete at 10/14...

User avatar
bleedblue
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bleedblue » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:51 am

Mine is still 10/14 too..

User avatar
MillerTime
Posts: 269
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MillerTime » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:58 am

Heads up -- your first completion date may not be your "complete" completion date. I first saw a complete status on the 8th, but I spoke with an admissions rep and they told me that it was actually on the 12th, so my three weeks started then. They also confirmed that the other status complete updates were just administrative.

User avatar
Lookingforanswers
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Lookingforanswers » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:10 pm

evandm wrote:Heads up -- your first completion date may not be your "complete" completion date. I first saw a complete status on the 8th, but I spoke with an admissions rep and they told me that it was actually on the 12th, so my three weeks started then. They also confirmed that the other status complete updates were just administrative.


Good to know

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby pulandasu » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:18 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Lol.. Complete date updated again. That makes 10/08, 10/13, 10/22 and now 10/26.


wow, you kept track of all that? That sounds about the same dates as mine. Althought my latest is 10/25.

flow123
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby flow123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:29 pm

how long do i have to wait before i call gtown and ask (politely) why my interviewer hasn't contacted me yet? a week?

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:34 pm

flow123 wrote:how long do i have to wait before i call gtown and ask (politely) why my interviewer hasn't contacted me yet? a week?


Did you read the email?

Please note that this process may take several weeks

flow123
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby flow123 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Tiva wrote:
flow123 wrote:how long do i have to wait before i call gtown and ask (politely) why my interviewer hasn't contacted me yet? a week?


Did you read the email?

Please note that this process may take several weeks


yeah, i assumed that meant the process of setting up and actually doing the interview, not just waiting for them to contact you.

Edit:
Please note that the interview process may take several weeks.
That is from the Interview FAQs. So yes, I did read it, and I am still wondering how long I should wait to contact them about the interviewer, since it is the whole process - not just the waiting part - that may take several weeks.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby SilverE2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:52 pm

flow123 wrote:
Tiva wrote:
flow123 wrote:how long do i have to wait before i call gtown and ask (politely) why my interviewer hasn't contacted me yet? a week?


Did you read the email?

Please note that this process may take several weeks


yeah, i assumed that meant the process of setting up and actually doing the interview, not just waiting for them to contact you.

Edit:
Please note that the interview process may take several weeks.
That is from the Interview FAQs. So yes, I did read it, and I am still wondering how long I should wait to contact them about the interviewer, since it is the whole process - not just the waiting part - that may take several weeks.


Wait several weeks.

User avatar
Muenchen
Posts: 1197
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Muenchen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 pm

..
Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ArchRoark
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ArchRoark » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 pm

seancooksey07 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Lol.. Complete date updated again. That makes 10/08, 10/13, 10/22 and now 10/26.


Exact same update dates for me. I also obsessively track my date changes. It adds about a half hour to my morning routine.

+1

I even find myself checking those that I know will have no movement on.

Someone needs to write a script that logs into your various status checkers and outputs the current status into a single webpage.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”