GULC Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MM326 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Kili wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
Kili wrote:I'm confused. Application completed 11/10. I just checked and it now says 11/12. Does this indicate progress towards a decision or am I reading too much into things?


From the rest of the thread- sounds like it indicates progress towards a decision.


How many date changes are typical prior to notification?


Seems like two.

User avatar
Entchen
Posts: 722
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Entchen » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 pm

MM326 wrote:
Kili wrote:How many date changes are typical prior to notification?


Seems like two.


Eh, it varies. I had like 5 (submitted 10/12, complete 10/14 -> 10/15 -> 10/21 -> 11/4 -> 11/8, then accepted).

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 pm

I had I think three or four updates. Definitely at least three.

User avatar
Sentry
Posts: 1235
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Sentry » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:07 pm

Anybody with 11/11 complete date get an acceptance letter today?

TrustMeI'mAnActress
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby TrustMeI'mAnActress » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Sentry wrote:Anybody with 11/11 complete date get an acceptance letter today?


same question for those with 11/10 complete date...any acceptance letters?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby rundoxierun » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Has anyone who has been accepted at gulc received any correspondence from the school at all besides the admissions letter?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:24 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:
Sentry wrote:Anybody with 11/11 complete date get an acceptance letter today?


same question for those with 11/10 complete date...any acceptance letters?


I have 11/10- that was my original date, no updates, no letters as of yet.

What're the odds a 3.77/168 gets in though? I'm expecting a ding, so don't count me as not getting a decision just because I haven't heard!

User avatar
mcubberly
Posts: 212
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby mcubberly » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 pm

TrustMeI'mAnActress wrote:
Sentry wrote:Anybody with 11/11 complete date get an acceptance letter today?


same question for those with 11/10 complete date...any acceptance letters?


Complete since 10/22--> 10/28 --> 11/10. Nothing yet!

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 pm

.
Last edited by gatorgirl4life on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

ss3247
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ss3247 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:20 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:11/10 with a 168/3.95...does everyone in the 11/10 batch have average numbers? :/


11/10 with 173/3.85

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm

I'm 11/11. Kinda bummed there's an 11/10 crowd. Sounds like you all will be before me :/

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby Dany » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:29 pm

There's still an 11/2 crowd.

It may be a crowd of one, but it's here.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm

ss3247 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:11/10 with a 168/3.95...does everyone in the 11/10 batch have average numbers? :/


11/10 with 173/3.85


Twiiiin! <3 I got in last week, so I'm sure you'll get in soon :)

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby bdubs » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:42 pm

eskimo wrote:There's still an 11/2 crowd.

It may be a crowd of one, but it's here.


You're not the only one Eskimo!

ss3247
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby ss3247 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:46 pm

dulcatis wrote:
ss3247 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:11/10 with a 168/3.95...does everyone in the 11/10 batch have average numbers? :/


11/10 with 173/3.85


Twiiiin! <3 I got in last week, so I'm sure you'll get in soon :)


oh good this makes me feel a lot better :)

User avatar
LargeHuman
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby LargeHuman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 pm

dulcatis wrote:
ss3247 wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:11/10 with a 168/3.95...does everyone in the 11/10 batch have average numbers? :/


11/10 with 173/3.85


Twiiiin! <3 I got in last week, so I'm sure you'll get in soon :)


Long time lurker first time poster...

I'm a splitter, 174/3.43. I submitted 10/25 and my dates were 10/26 -> 10/28 -> 11/11. So I'm in the 11/11 batch with unusual numbers, here's hoping that something is coming in the mail and it's not a ding.

kbarlow1
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:07 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby kbarlow1 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:49 pm

I submitted on 11/2 and have not gotten any email where I can find a status update. Thoughts?

User avatar
oxford_don
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:06 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby oxford_don » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:59 pm

11/10 --> 11/15

Third update. Time to start checking the mail everyday.

Also, how big are these letters? I have a small mailbox at my apartment building. Anything larger than a #10 envelope will probably be held by the frontdesk and I'd rather not pester them everyday asking if I have mail.
Last edited by oxford_don on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:00 pm

oxford_don wrote:11/10 --> 11/15

Second update. Time to start checking the mail everyday.


edit: yea I'm wrong here probably.
Last edited by s0ph1e2007 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 123xalady » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:01 pm

oxford_don wrote:11/10 --> 11/15

Third update. Time to start checking the mail everyday.

Also, how big are these letters? I have a small mailbox at my apartment building. Anything larger than a #10 envelope will probably be held by the frontdesk and I'd rather not pester them everyday asking if I have mail.


11/11-11/15 :shock:

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

LargeHuman wrote:
Long time lurker first time poster...

I'm a splitter, 174/3.43. I submitted 10/25 and my dates were 10/26 -> 10/28 -> 11/11. So I'm in the 11/11 batch with unusual numbers, here's hoping that something is coming in the mail and it's not a ding.


I'm 11/11 too and 173/3.4!
We're very close. I'm URM too so that probably counts for a point :)
thus... twins!
Mine was 10/28--> 11/2--> 11/11.... I think....

so maybe I'm wrong about having more than two updates
Last edited by s0ph1e2007 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4102011
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby 4102011 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm

oxford_don wrote:11/10 --> 11/15

Third update. Time to start checking the mail everyday.

Also, how big are these letters? I have a small mailbox at my apartment building. Anything larger than a #10 envelope will probably be held by the frontdesk and I'd rather not pester them everyday asking if I have mail.


They're like...a little bigger than card-sized. They have a little Georgetown seal sticker thing on the back of it, and are (I think) cream-colored.

WestOfTheRest
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby WestOfTheRest » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:03 pm

11/15. That's like six updates.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby trudat15 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:08 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
LargeHuman wrote:
Long time lurker first time poster...

I'm a splitter, 174/3.43. I submitted 10/25 and my dates were 10/26 -> 10/28 -> 11/11. So I'm in the 11/11 batch with unusual numbers, here's hoping that something is coming in the mail and it's not a ding.


I'm 11/11 too and 173/3.4!
We're very close. I'm URM too so that probably counts for a point :)
thus... twins!
Mine was 10/28--> 11/2--> 11/11.... I think....

so maybe I'm wrong about having more than two updates


Same numbers, though I'm not a URM (that probably counts for much more than a point though).
I'm 10/26 -> 11/2 and that's it. Not feeling good about this anymore, and I went there for UG too!
Last edited by trudat15 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MM326
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:34 am

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Postby MM326 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 pm

oxford_don wrote:11/10 --> 11/15

Third update. Time to start checking the mail everyday.

Also, how big are these letters? I have a small mailbox at my apartment building. Anything larger than a #10 envelope will probably be held by the frontdesk and I'd rather not pester them everyday asking if I have mail.


11/11 -> 11/15

I think that's my third completion update as well. Here's hoping there's something coming in the mail soon!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, alex114, Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], chili_davis, curry1, guybourdin, joezze, jtawil, laowhynot109, lawcapture, mccracal, NotAGolfer, pandaaa, Pugnax, Sawtooth and 36 guests