GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
masterthearts

Bronze

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by masterthearts » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Peg wrote:So in 3 hours I'm going to phone GULC and ask them about the "Complete" vs "Completed" thing and I'll let you know what they tell me, if they tell me anything.

I'm getting twitchy now - it still only said "complete" on 1/14 and it's "completed" as of 1/21, but I haven't received a ding email yet although they had a chance to give me one yesterday. Dare I hope I was waitlisted?

I'm sorry if this is an insensitive question for those who were dinged (I hope all of you nevertheless become awesome lawyers with 160k offers where ever you graduate from): when you got the ding email, were you notified the same day as the application went "completed", or before the status change, or did it say "completed" for a few days before you were dinged?
I can't help you since I was accepted. YOu might have more ansswers if you visit the "Ding Bar" thread

jamaica89

New

Post by jamaica89 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 pm

12/13 to 1/25 today and its my 3rd update.

I dont have a good feeling about this one.

RicketyCricket

New

Post by RicketyCricket » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Just updated to 1/25 too. 4th Update, no access to ASW. I'm thinking it's a WL/reject.

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 pm

jamaica89 wrote:12/13 to 1/25 today and its my 3rd update.

I can't remember if this is my second or my third update. I can't access the ASW, but I also haven't gotten a ding/WL email. So I'm hoping that this is only my second update.

bigwillie

New

Post by bigwillie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 pm

It seems like there is a timer on when user-names/PWs to the admitted students website begin to work. I was able to generate my user-name and password on a Thursday and wasn't able to long in until the Sunday or Monday after I received them. This seems to be in line with people being able to generate their info on Mondays and not being able to log in until Friday. Also, not being able to generate this info is not indicative of a rejection, I believe I went through 4 complete dates before I was able to generate my user-name and password.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:37 pm

bigwillie wrote:It seems like there is a timer on when user-names/PWs to the admitted students website begin to work. I was able to generate my user-name and password on a Thursday and wasn't able to long in until the Sunday or Monday after I received them. This seems to be in line with people being able to generate their info on Mondays and not being able to log in until Friday. Also, not being able to generate this info is not indicative of a rejection, I believe I went through 4 complete dates before I was able to generate my user-name and password.
and you tried all along the way?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 am

kjadkins wrote:
jamaica89 wrote:12/13 to 1/25 today and its my 3rd update.

I can't remember if this is my second or my third update. I can't access the ASW, but I also haven't gotten a ding/WL email. So I'm hoping that this is only my second update.
Some people took more then three updates to reach a decision, me included and I was ultimately accepted.

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:04 am

Are acceptances chiming in on mostly Fridays? or are they scattered?

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:07 am

sorry to butt in, but does anyone know if having alumni relatives help? ....just a long shot puhahaha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 am

Updated 1/18 --> application completed. Went complete 1/2. For those of you who were admitted, how long was the turnaround time?

Waiting is agony. I am continually refreshing the status checker.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 am

cngreen wrote:Updated 1/18 --> application completed. Went complete 1/2. For those of you who were admitted, how long was the turnaround time?

Waiting is agony. I am continually refreshing the status checker.
is your latest date today? generally it takes at least 3 complete dates before a decision.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 am

masterthearts wrote:
Peg wrote:So in 3 hours I'm going to phone GULC and ask them about the "Complete" vs "Completed" thing and I'll let you know what they tell me, if they tell me anything.

I'm getting twitchy now - it still only said "complete" on 1/14 and it's "completed" as of 1/21, but I haven't received a ding email yet although they had a chance to give me one yesterday. Dare I hope I was waitlisted?

I'm sorry if this is an insensitive question for those who were dinged (I hope all of you nevertheless become awesome lawyers with 160k offers where ever you graduate from): when you got the ding email, were you notified the same day as the application went "completed", or before the status change, or did it say "completed" for a few days before you were dinged?
I can't help you since I was accepted. YOu might have more ansswers if you visit the "Ding Bar" thread
dude...stfu.

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 am

Gotti wrote:
masterthearts wrote:

dude...stfu.
gotti, you have to admit, if its a troll its an incredible patient and well planned out troll

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:39 am

Perch wrote:
Gotti wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
dude...stfu.
gotti, you have to admit, if its a troll its an incredible patient and well planned out troll
lol yeah esp since he/she has an LSN too.
how unhelpful and unnecessary was that comment?

umich2011

New

Post by umich2011 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:46 am

Just to throw some more stats out there....

Applied 1/7
Complete 1/13

Admittance Letter on 1/25 dated 1/19.

I applied ED... I can't believe it was so fast! 168/3.8... I guess I shouldn't have applied ED because it looks like I could have gotten in RD since it was so fast?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am

Gotti wrote:
Perch wrote:
Gotti wrote:
masterthearts wrote:
dude...stfu.
lol yeah esp since he/she has an LSN too.
how unhelpful and unnecessary was that comment?
Not as bad as this (from earlier in the thread):
masterthearts wrote:
fish tacos wrote:How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?
I am RD and got my acceptance letter the first week in December
Edited for repetitiveness

Edited for repetitiveness
Last edited by birdlaw117 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 pm

umich2011 wrote:Just to throw some more stats out there....

Applied 1/7
Complete 1/13

Admittance Letter on 1/25 dated 1/19.

I applied ED... I can't believe it was so fast! 168/3.8... I guess I shouldn't have applied ED because it looks like I could have gotten in RD since it was so fast?
Enjoy GULC. Only reason you shouldn't have ED'd there is if it wasn't your #1 choice and/or you were considering taking something below your top choice(s) in exchange for $$$.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RicketyCricket

New

Post by RicketyCricket » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 pm

masterthearts must be an ongoing troll. Look at some of her other posts; she's constantly talking about the IVY league, starting wars over whether GPA should be weighted more heavily than the LSAT, or bringing up her acceptances to people asking questions.

On a more relevant note, does GULC send WLs by email or snail mail?

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

RicketyCricket wrote:masterthearts must be an ongoing troll. Look at some of her other posts; she's constantly talking about the IVY league, starting wars over whether GPA should be weighted more heavily than the LSAT, or bringing up her acceptances to people asking questions.

I think acceptances are snail mail and WL/Dings are email, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 pm

is your latest date today? generally it takes at least 3 complete dates before a decision.
Well, I'm not sure. I didn't check it for several weeks b/c I was trying to actually get work done. It might have changed, might not.

People are telling me I need to be prepared to wait until March. Really?

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:20 pm

kjadkins wrote:
RicketyCricket wrote:masterthearts must be an ongoing troll. Look at some of her other posts; she's constantly talking about the IVY league, starting wars over whether GPA should be weighted more heavily than the LSAT, or bringing up her acceptances to people asking questions.

I think acceptances are snail mail and WL/Dings are email, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
any word yet kjadkins? gl!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Perch wrote:
kjadkins wrote:

any word yet kjadkins? gl!
No word yet. I'm hoping that's a good thing. Thinking more about it, this might have only been my second complete date. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Can anyone else confirm how they got their decisions? Is WL sent through email or snail mail?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

nicole88 wrote:Can anyone else confirm how they got their decisions? Is WL sent through email or snail mail?
WL/dings are by email. Acceptances by snail-mail/successfully being able to generate a accepted student website username and password.

hpfl121

New

Post by hpfl121 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Just checked my status. Finally updated from "Application Completed-12/13" to "Application Completed-1/24." Didn't receive a wl or ding email, but I also can't log into the admitted students website. So, not entirely sure what to make of all this. I guess I just wait some more.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”