GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
onepass

Bronze

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by onepass » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:54 pm

When mine switched from Both to Full-Time, I was able to generate a password the next day.

Congrats! That is super exciting!

agora139

Bronze

Post by agora139 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 pm

changed to completed 2/10, and it's my 3rd update...ahh!

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 pm

agora139 wrote:changed to completed 2/10, and it's my 3rd update...ahh!
Good luck! I'm in the 2/10 boat too.

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:15 am

Wanted to give an FYI. I was able to generate an ASW password on Monday but could not access the ASW until this morning. Weird thing - it didn't work last night around 8 PM but this morning, before their offices opened, it did work. My suspicion is they wait to activate your access until your letter has had time to go through the mail.

Anyhow, congrats to everyone who can generate a password!

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:25 am

cngreen wrote:Wanted to give an FYI. I was able to generate an ASW password on Monday but could not access the ASW until this morning. Weird thing - it didn't work last night around 8 PM but this morning, before their offices opened, it did work. My suspicion is they wait to activate your access until your letter has had time to go through the mail.

was your final update on that Monday? and thanks for following up, those in limbo appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 pm

updated to 2/11

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

cngreen wrote:Wanted to give an FYI. I was able to generate an ASW password on Monday but could not access the ASW until this morning. Weird thing - it didn't work last night around 8 PM but this morning, before their offices opened, it did work. My suspicion is they wait to activate your access until your letter has had time to go through the mail.

This has been confirmed on just about every other page of this thread. It is normal behavior. I believe your suspicion is correct. They want you to be able to log on in coincidence with you receiving your official letter. What they should do is delay the ability to generate passwords till then as well. Anyways, congrats on your acceptance!

OP should really update the initial post with a short FAQ and include this info.

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 pm

today is the last day of my three weeks (applied ED), my last update is 2/9, and i still have no word from gtown and no access to asw.. what does that mean??

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:32 pm

ls24 wrote:today is the last day of my three weeks (applied ED), my last update is 2/9, and i still have no word from gtown and no access to asw.. what does that mean??
that it is going to take longer than three weeks. that's hows it has been for me and several others. get comfy, don't go crazy, and hold hope.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JenBunny

New

Post by JenBunny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm thinking of changing my RD application to ED (applied on 12/13, UR 1/5 and 1/31, interviewed with an alumnus yesterday). Anyone know if it's too late in the game to change to ED?

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

JenBunny wrote:I'm thinking of changing my RD application to ED (applied on 12/13, UR 1/5 and 1/31, interviewed with an alumnus yesterday). Anyone know if it's too late in the game to change to ED?
Don't think so--just did a quick check on GULC's website and I think the deadline is 3/1.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:38 pm

JenBunny wrote:I'm thinking of changing my RD application to ED (applied on 12/13, UR 1/5 and 1/31, interviewed with an alumnus yesterday). Anyone know if it's too late in the game to change to ED?
It isn't. Call the office, they will switch your app over and then you will need to submit the ED agreement via mail.

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Perch wrote:
ls24 wrote:today is the last day of my three weeks (applied ED), my last update is 2/9, and i still have no word from gtown and no access to asw.. what does that mean??
that it is going to take longer than three weeks. that's hows it has been for me and several others. get comfy, don't go crazy, and hold hope.
how long have you been waiting?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JenBunny

New

Post by JenBunny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:44 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
It isn't. Call the office, they will switch your app over and then you will need to submit the ED agreement via mail.
Thanks. Follow-up question: Will switching to RD at this stage hinder my application in any way (by making me appear desperate, etc)??

JackShepard

New

Post by JackShepard » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Updated to 2/11. Third Update.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 pm

JenBunny wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
Thanks. Follow-up question: Will switching to RD at this stage hinder my application in any way (by making me appear desperate, etc)??
No clue tbh and I assume you meant switching to ED. Switching an ED app to RD, if they even allow it, would almost surely lead to a ding. A friend of mine was requested to interview and the switched his app to ED, he was accepted a couple days after, but who knows if the switch made any significant difference.

JenBunny

New

Post by JenBunny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
JenBunny wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:
No clue tbh and I assume you meant switching to ED. Switching an ED app to RD, if they even allow it, would almost surely lead to a ding. A friend of mine was requested to interview and the switched his app to ED, he was accepted a couple days after, but who knows if the switch made any significant difference.
I did mean switching to ED. I think I will just go for it and hope for the best!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Updated to 2/11...second or third update since being held...just waiting for the waitlist e-mail to be honest

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:Updated to 2/11...second or third update since being held...just waiting for the waitlist e-mail to be honest
OMG ME TOO ME TOO.......Keep me posted yea? I think we are in the same bucket.

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:24 pm

JTMan wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:Updated to 2/11...second or third update since being held...just waiting for the waitlist e-mail to be honest
Will do...Ideally I would love to have G'Town as an option...to be honest it has been my dream school for years, but UVA has made me less worried about the outcome

beachviolet11

Bronze

Post by beachviolet11 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

anyone update from 2/3 to 2/11?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
JTMan wrote:
Will do...Ideally I would love to have G'Town as an option...to be honest it has been my dream school for years, but UVA has made me less worried about the outcome
me too, it was where I wanted to go to undergrad it is just that dream school you know? But I am the same, I've fallen in love UT so while this would be great I really expect WL.

R.R. Raskolnikov

Bronze

Post by R.R. Raskolnikov » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:31 pm

So I just interviewed with a GULC alumnae today.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it typically takes the adcomm to receive the interview report, re-review the application, and make a decision?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 pm

R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:So I just interviewed with a GULC alumnae today.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it typically takes the adcomm to receive the interview report, re-review the application, and make a decision?
depends on your interviewer (obviously), but I received a "decision" (a hold) about a week after interviewing

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:40 pm

fatduck wrote:
R.R. Raskolnikov wrote:So I just interviewed with a GULC alumnae today.

depends on your interviewer (obviously), but I received a "decision" (a hold) about a week after interviewing
did you get an update after the file was (assumingly) sent into GULC and then another when you got the decision? thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”