GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
edgarfigaro

Bronze

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by edgarfigaro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Magnolia wrote:Just updated to 2/23. Not sure I have a good feeling about this since 2/22 seems to have been the admit day :?
Same here...living in fear of the email account for the rest of the day

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:54 pm

edgarfigaro wrote:
Magnolia wrote:Just updated to 2/23. Not sure I have a good feeling about this since 2/22 seems to have been the admit day :?
Same here...living in fear of the email account for the rest of the day

+1

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Hey guys,

How long after your interview did your date update? And was the post-interview update the one that went along with your decision?

Thanks, good luck, and congrats!

noncontributingzero

New

Post by noncontributingzero » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:01 pm

cassidylane wrote:Hey guys,

How long after your interview did your date update? And was the post-interview update the one that went along with your decision?

I had a one-on-one interview 2/9. Updated yesterday, and then updated again today. No decision yet. My gut tells me WL today since other 2/22 updates generated passwords yesterday. Eek!

But I think there is a lot of variation on the time between interview and update depending on type of interview...

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:13 pm

noncontributingzero wrote:

I had a one-on-one interview 2/9. Updated yesterday, and then updated again today. No decision yet. My gut tells me WL today since other 2/22 updates generated passwords yesterday. Eek!

But I think there is a lot of variation on the time between interview and update depending on type of interview...

Thanks! I guess I'm being way to eager, my one-on-one interview was 2/18, it probably takes a little while to process that information and come up with a decision.

Good luck!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:22 pm

cassidylane wrote:
noncontributingzero wrote:

Thanks! I guess I'm being way to eager, my one-on-one interview was 2/18, it probably takes a little while to process that information and come up with a decision.

Good luck!!!
I had a one-on-one interview on 2/15 and I updated on 2/16 and again today, if that helps you.

kobebeef

New

Post by kobebeef » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Did my group interview on 2/17 in LA, received an email from Dean Cornblatt yesterday and my status updated, and the password generator worked today. Hopefully this means I'm in!

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:56 pm

kobebeef wrote:Did my group interview on 2/17 in LA, received an email from Dean Cornblatt yesterday and my status updated, and the password generator worked today. Hopefully this means I'm in!
What do you mean by "password generator?"

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:59 pm

My status is still 1/28 even after the interview on Thursday in LA... :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:05 pm

askyemcdonald wrote:My status is still 1/28 even after the interview on Thursday in LA... :cry:
I'm still sitting at 2/3, and I also had the LA interview last thurs. Did you get the thank you email from Dean Cornblatt?

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

effminus wrote:
askyemcdonald wrote:My status is still 1/28 even after the interview on Thursday in LA... :cry:
I'm still sitting at 2/3, and I also had the LA interview last thurs. Did you get the thank you email from Dean Cornblatt?
I had the LA interview too. My status was just updated 2/23....no email or anything saying I'm in....guess this means I'm rejected? lol

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:10 pm

cmaas wrote:
effminus wrote:
I had the LA interview too. My status was just updated 2/23....no email or anything saying I'm in....guess this means I'm rejected? lol
have you tried to generate a password on gulc's admitted students' website?

askyemcdonald

Silver

Post by askyemcdonald » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm

effminus wrote:
Yep

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cmaas

Bronze

Post by cmaas » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:13 pm

effminus wrote:
cmaas wrote:
effminus wrote:
have you tried to generate a password on gulc's admitted students' website?
Edit: It said that it didn't recognize me. This means I'm rejected, right?

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:15 pm

cmaas wrote:How would I go about doing this? I went to the website. Do I just hit Forgot Password?
just click "no password" and put in your last name + email to see if you can generate :)

effminus

New

Post by effminus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

cmaas wrote:Edit: It said that it didn't recognize me. This means I'm rejected, right?
don't think it necessarily means that you're rejected.. only time will tell.

cassidylane

Bronze

Post by cassidylane » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:20 pm

effminus wrote:
cmaas wrote:Edit: It said that it didn't recognize me. This means I'm rejected, right?
don't think it necessarily means that you're rejected.. only time will tell.

It sounds like its possible to update several times before getting a decision, and that those decisions can still admits, rejections, or waitlists. So I'd agree that you probably don't need to panic just yet. Good luck!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes for clarification, there is no standard for the number of updates that equal a decision. Could be one or could be 6.

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Damn it. Updated on the 22nd and I can't generate a password...

I think I should get in eventually with my numbers, but I am growing impatient. :?

jplwine

New

Post by jplwine » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:38 pm

badgers22 wrote:
beachviolet11 wrote:all these lucky people updating...still sitting at 2/3 with no interview:( anyone else?
Same here. Thought I had a great chance to be accepted (above lsat median, way above gpa median) but now I'm not so sure anymore. Hopefully we'll hear soon.

Same here. Complete 2/3.

kobebeef

New

Post by kobebeef » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:45 pm

cmaas wrote:
kobebeef wrote:Did my group interview on 2/17 in LA, received an email from Dean Cornblatt yesterday and my status updated, and the password generator worked today. Hopefully this means I'm in!
I meant the username/password generator for the admitted student's portal. Some sort of advance indication that you've been accepted, though I'm still in trepidation about my acceptance until a fatty envelope arrives in my mailbox.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm

kobebeef wrote:
cmaas wrote:
I meant the username/password generator for the admitted student's portal. Some sort of advance indication that you've been accepted, though I'm still in trepidation about my acceptance until a fatty envelope arrives in my mailbox.
Don't expect a fat envelope, you'll be disappointed. It will be the size of a greeting card.

kobebeef

New

Post by kobebeef » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Marionberry wrote:
kobebeef wrote:
cmaas wrote:
Don't expect a fat envelope, you'll be disappointed. It will be the size of a greeting card.
Sigh, i was hoping for a vanderbilt-esque fedex monstronsity.

meepmeep123

New

Post by meepmeep123 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 am

complete date changed to 2/24 from 2/16....

dddhhh

Bronze

Post by dddhhh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

meepmeep123 wrote:complete date changed to 2/24 from 2/16....
same...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”