GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Quadrangulum

New

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by Quadrangulum » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Those are exactly my dates. No update either.

garrcv7

New

Post by garrcv7 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:58 pm

dytelb wrote:oh man this waiting is getting to me...anyone else on the 11/24(submission)-11/29-12/3 track? didn't get an update on 12/6.
Right there with you. It's frustrating but I'm trying to stay positive.... I mean, from a practical standpoint, they can only process so many applications at a time! Ours could be next in the pile :)

Ludacrispat26

Bronze

Post by Ludacrispat26 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:59 pm

dytelb wrote:oh man this waiting is getting to me...anyone else on the 11/24(submission)-11/29-12/3 track? didn't get an update on 12/6.
i was 11/18--11/24--12/3...no update since

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:00 pm

You guys are probably just another update away. 12/6 probably just wasn't your final one! I felt the same way with my 12/3 update. GL! :D

Teflon1974

New

Post by Teflon1974 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:You guys are probably just another update away. 12/6 probably just wasn't your final one! I felt the same way with my 12/3 update. GL! :D
Agreed. I was certain that my 12/1 status update was my last one, and ended up with yesterday's (happy) update. Hang tight, and good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dytelb

New

Post by dytelb » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm

ah ok, several of us are in the same boat then! it's only been two weeks but i feel like it's been a year or something....
thanks for the encouragement!

wombie

New

Post by wombie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:38 pm

This might be a stupid question, but do they email all recommenders and thank them for writing recommendations?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Anyone else who got an admitted students site username and password yesterday still freaking out/not completely certain? Anyone actually able to access the site yet? I really hope I get my letter by the end of the week...

heyyyyyyyyy

New

Post by heyyyyyyyyy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Marionberry wrote:Anyone else who got an admitted students site username and password yesterday still freaking out/not completely certain? Anyone actually able to access the site yet? I really hope I get my letter by the end of the week...
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm tempted to call the admissions office and just ask what it means if I was able to get login information but can't log in. Hopefully, they would tell me that a decision has been mailed, which we know means an admission.

Not that it matters now, as they are closed for the day...

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Marionberry wrote:I'm tempted to call the admissions office and just ask what it means if I was able to get login information but can't log in. Hopefully, they would tell me that a decision has been mailed, which we know means an admission.

Call! Not like it can hurt. It's a legitimate question.

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

hey guys...is there a step after "application complete?" like an "under review" or s/t?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:20 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Marionberry wrote:I'm tempted to call the admissions office and just ask what it means if I was able to get login information but can't log in. Hopefully, they would tell me that a decision has been mailed, which we know means an admission.

eh....I'm sure you're right, but I'm prey to the same ridiculous fear that if I appear too impatient or needy that they will rescind my offer/ding me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:21 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

Please don't do this. You really shouldn't even be trying the admitted students website if you don't know that a decision has been made since their status checker doesn't specifically say "decision rendered".

Just relax guys! You'll hear something soon :lol:

I'm almost afraid of what the Class of 2014 will be like in school.... :lol:

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Marionberry wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

eh....I'm sure you're right, but I'm prey to the same ridiculous fear that if I appear too impatient or needy that they will rescind my offer/ding me.
I'll call tomorrow afternoon if you want. I'm in class now, so there's no chance anyone will be there by the time I'm out...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:23 pm

It doesn't say not to try the admitted students site if your status hasn't changed...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

I'll call tomorrow afternoon if you want. I'm in class now, so there's no chance anyone will be there by the time I'm out...
That would be awesome, you're a braver man/woman than I. Your'e a 12/6 update that got login info from the website?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Marionberry wrote:It doesn't say not to try the admitted students site if your status hasn't changed...
Of course it doesn't. Most normal people don't try to log into something that says "admitted" unless they've received notification that they've been admitted.

We're clearly not normal. Why declare it to the admissions office? :lol:

I just think its a bad idea. But do what you please....*kanye shrug*

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:25 pm

That would be awesome, you're a braver man/woman than I. Your'e a 12/6 update that got login info from the website?
You ED'ed right?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:It doesn't say not to try the admitted students site if your status hasn't changed...
Of course it doesn't. Most normal people don't try to log into something that says "admitted" unless they've received notification that they've been admitted.

We're clearly not normal. Why declare it to the admissions office? :lol:

I just think its a bad idea. But do what you please....*kanye shrug*
Or just don't disclose your name when calling... They aren't going to care.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Yup, I received notification that my app was changed to ED on Friday morning. I'm like 99% sure that I'm in, but that other 1% is remarkably significant.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
You ED'ed right?
I don't know if that is for me or Marion, but I am not ED. And yes, I am a 12/6 updater with login info.

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 pm

If you want to know whether a decision has been mailed, why would you not disclose who you are? At least that's what I gathered is Marion's reasoning for calling.

Anyway, whatever....do what you will. :roll:

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:If you want to know whether a decision has been mailed, why would you not disclose who you are? At least that's what I gathered is Marion's reasoning for calling.

I don't really care, I'm just saying you can ask questions without revealing your identity. You could ask why you were able to get a username and password but it doesn't work, for example. They would probably then say that a decision has been made and something is in the mail.

Magnifique1908

Silver

Post by Magnifique1908 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:36 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:If you want to know whether a decision has been mailed, why would you not disclose who you are? At least that's what I gathered is Marion's reasoning for calling.

I don't really care, I'm just saying you can ask questions without revealing your identity. You could ask why you were able to get a username and password but it doesn't work, for example. They would probably then say that a decision has been made and something is in the mail.
Anything is possible if you get the right person on the phone.

I just think a lot of the posters here need to take a chill pill :lol: That or celebrate "hump day" tomorrow :lol:

I'm just as anxious but sheesh!! We've seen the same thing happen every week throughout this thread but people are still acting all crazy. Lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”