GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
champsound

Bronze

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:05 pm

fatduck wrote:
champsound wrote:
pimpsdontcry wrote:now 2/3 as well...expecting a ding on this one guys :'(
Damn. I'm feeling ding/WL too for some reason. I was really hoping to have Georgetown as an option, this is depressing.
you're depressed because you have a random feeling that you've just been rejected? pull yourself together, man!
hah, thanks for the perspective. Watching all of the people getting holds and reserve on the Columbia thread is depressing though. I blame that.

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

champsound wrote:
fatduck wrote: you're depressed because you have a random feeling that you've just been rejected? pull yourself together, man!
hah, thanks for the perspective. Watching all of the people getting holds and reserve on the Columbia thread is depressing though. I blame that.
Champsound you've got GREAT #'s for GULC, don't sweat it.

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Totally Champsound. I'm eager to see if you can get a password on the admitted students' site after 5.

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 pm

UR date's have decision correlation si?

beachviolet11

Bronze

Post by beachviolet11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

cngreen wrote:Totally Champsound. I'm eager to see if you can get a password on the admitted students' site after 5.

me too! as a fellow 2/3 you give me hope that my random softs have snuck me in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:38 pm

Do you think all of the people who get a "status update" in one day have the same result? Or are we playing ourselves here, thinking there's a pattern?

champsound

Bronze

Post by champsound » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:40 pm

cngreen wrote:Do you think all of the people who get a "status update" in one day have the same result? Or are we playing ourselves here, thinking there's a pattern?

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 pm

cngreen wrote:Do you think all of the people who get a "status update" in one day have the same result? Or are we playing ourselves here, thinking there's a pattern?
I would be ecstatic, seeing as you guys are all sooooooo much better than me haha

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 pm

Now complete as of 2/3, but this is just my second complete. We'll see how this goes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah, third update here and no ASW, no email, just silence. Today I did an exercise called "Resign yourself to a rejection, and move on." Was difficult.

You know the bit where it says FT or PT or both? Well, mine still says "Both" after three updates, and I know that other people have seen their division switch to FT or PT. I'm interpreting "Both" in three possible ways.

1) "We're going to ding her anyway, so why does it matter?"
2) "Hmm, cannot decide where to place her and which program's seats should be filled up first."
3) "I had a good breakfast so maybe I'll be absurdly kind and waitlist her, so no point in choosing her division yet."

Which interpretation is correct?

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Peg wrote:Yeah, third update here and no ASW, no email, just silence. Today I did an exercise called "Resign yourself to a rejection, and move on." Was difficult.

You know the bit where it says FT or PT or both? Well, mine still says "Both" after three updates, and I know that other people have seen their division switch to FT or PT. I'm interpreting "Both" in three possible ways.

2) "Hmm, cannot decide where to place her and which program's seats should be filled up first."
3) "I had a good breakfast so maybe I'll be absurdly kind and waitlist her, so no point in choosing her division yet."

hmmm, i did not notice a change in FT or PT in mine at all. Were we suppose to?

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:05 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
Peg wrote:Yeah, third update here and no ASW, no email, just silence. Today I did an exercise called "Resign yourself to a rejection, and move on." Was difficult.

hmmm, i did not notice a change in FT or PT in mine at all. Were we suppose to?
I distinctly remember one person saying that their status checker switched to FT (after being "Both" initially), which for me seems to be encouraging: they're taking you seriously enough to decide which division you're going to be in.

cngreen

New

Post by cngreen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Just updated to 2/3! Not sure whether to be happy or terrified.

1/4 > 1/18 > 2/3

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shyde32

New

Post by shyde32 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:09 pm

cngreen wrote:Just updated to 2/3! Not sure whether to be happy or terrified.

1/4 > 1/18 > 2/3
+ 1. No luck on ASW; trying again tonight.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Around what time are people being invited for interviews? Im new to this thread so I am not sure when to expect one, if at all...

TheAudacityofHope

New

Post by TheAudacityofHope » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:17 pm

My friend is going to KILL me if he ever finds out I posted this bit of information.

Oh well. I think he's genuinely forgetting about how physically sickening this process can be for a lot of us. I have had trouble sleeping for all of January and so far this month as well.

Anyway, I can't discuss how many friend knows this so please PLEASE don't ask and expect me to tell you. And, yes, I know how shady that looks and how unreliable it makes what I tell you but for those that are able to extend some trust, trust me.

Moderators, if this is a bannable offense please tell me and I'll remove it or just delete the post. Please do not delete my account or ban me.

Anyway, good news and bad news, folks.

For those people that have been stuck at a date for longer than three weeks, some of you are getting in and some of you aren't.

For those that have seen frequent and recent updates, some of you are getting in and some of you aren't.

And for the rest of you, including those that have yet applied but are planning to, some of you will get in and some of you won't.

K, guys. I really hope this helps. PM me if you want to chat.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:My friend is going to KILL me if he ever finds out I posted this bit of information.

Oh well. I think he's genuinely forgetting about how physically sickening this process can be for a lot of us. I have had trouble sleeping for all of January and so far this month as well.

Anyway, I can't discuss how many friend knows this so please PLEASE don't ask and expect me to tell you. And, yes, I know how shady that looks and how unreliable it makes what I tell you but for those that are able to extend some trust, trust me.

Moderators, if this is a bannable offense please tell me and I'll remove it or just delete the post. Please do not delete my account or ban me.

For those people that have been stuck at a date for longer than three weeks, some of you are getting in and some of you aren't.

For those that have seen frequent and recent updates, some of you are getting in and some of you aren't.

And for the rest of you, including those that have yet applied but are planning to, some of you will get in and some of you won't.

You had me going for a second. Asshole. lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

krad

Gold

Post by krad » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:20 pm

lolwut

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm

ban

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Soooo... in dying for a decision here, I'm wondering what you guys think. I applied in November with one LOR. Had my interview, four completes (three before, one since). I have another LOR of questionable quality. Should I send it? I mean it should be good (she had me write a list of things to include), but I'm terrified because it took her like a month and a half to send it in and I'm not sure how enthusiastic the letter turned out. Should I send in my second LOR? This silence from GULC is killing me. I'm pretty borderline (171/3.3).

pimpsdontcry

Bronze

Post by pimpsdontcry » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:Soooo... in dying for a decision here, I'm wondering what you guys think. I applied in November with one LOR. Had my interview, four completes (three before, one since). I have another LOR of questionable quality. Should I send it? I mean it should be good (she had me write a list of things to include), but I'm terrified because it took her like a month and a half to send it in and I'm not sure how enthusiastic the letter turned out. Should I send in my second LOR? This silence from GULC is killing me. I'm pretty borderline (171/3.3).
latest review date is what?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:34 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:My friend is going to KILL me if he ever finds out I posted this bit of information.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RedTex

New

Post by RedTex » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:35 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:Around what time are people being invited for interviews? Im new to this thread so I am not sure when to expect one, if at all...
I went complete december 12, and got my alumni interview request 2 weeks ago.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

pimpsdontcry wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:Soooo... in dying for a decision here, I'm wondering what you guys think. I applied in November with one LOR. Had my interview, four completes (three before, one since). I have another LOR of questionable quality. Should I send it? I mean it should be good (she had me write a list of things to include), but I'm terrified because it took her like a month and a half to send it in and I'm not sure how enthusiastic the letter turned out. Should I send in my second LOR? This silence from GULC is killing me. I'm pretty borderline (171/3.3).
latest review date is what?
1/31 but no asw access... I think it might have been updated to reflect my interview. I'm just getting antsy, I really want to do whatever I possibly can to get in.

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:06 pm

I have my interview scheduled for tomorrow...any advice? Types of questions to expect?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”