GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
birdlaw117

Gold

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:26 am

csoloski wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
csoloski wrote:I am stuck at 12/3, this is my third update. I cannot log into the ASW, if I were rejected/deferred would I have received an email or is it snail mail? Thanks!
Rejections and WL are email. Can you not generate a username and password? If that is the case, it sounds like you are still under review.
I can't generate a username or password.
Sounds like no decision has been made yet. Probably wait til next Monday for your decision (based on how the past few weeks have gone).

csoloski

New

Post by csoloski » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
csoloski wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
csoloski wrote:I am stuck at 12/3, this is my third update. I cannot log into the ASW, if I were rejected/deferred would I have received an email or is it snail mail? Thanks!
Rejections and WL are email. Can you not generate a username and password? If that is the case, it sounds like you are still under review.
I can't generate a username or password.
Sounds like no decision has been made yet. Probably wait til next Monday for your decision (based on how the past few weeks have gone).
thank you!

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I have now moved from 12/13 to 12/14...cannot generate password...has my fate been decided?

xtine

Bronze

Post by xtine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:18 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:I have now moved from 12/13 to 12/14...cannot generate password...has my fate been decided?
don't stress yourself out so much about the date change! you'll get an email for any negative news, so if they'd decided something bad you probably would have heard already.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:45 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:I have now moved from 12/13 to 12/14...cannot generate password...has my fate been decided?
Have you even read any of the thread? People who later received acceptance letters weren't always able to access the admitted students' site on the first try... myself included.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:47 pm

eskimo wrote:
Have you even read any of the thread? People who later received acceptance letters weren't always able to access the admitted students' site on the first try... myself included.
Well I have tried to access it more than once...but point taken...I have been paying attention to this thread for a while, but most people have been able to access the site...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:56 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Well I have tried to access it more than once...but point taken...I have been paying attention to this thread for a while, but most people have been able to access the site...
Okay, but TODAY is 12/14. Which means that the absolute earliest you would be able to access the site is TODAY. It's not even noon yet! I'm not saying you're in or out (I don't even know your numbers) but you're needlessly worrying about stuff that isn't worrisome at all. Patience! :D

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 pm

eskimo wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
eskimo wrote:
Okay, but TODAY is 12/14. Which means that the absolute earliest you would be able to access the site is TODAY. It's not even noon yet! I'm not saying you're in or out (I don't even know your numbers) but you're needlessly worrying about stuff that isn't worrisome at all. Patience! :D
Plus, people haven't been able to generate passwords until the afternoon of their last update. So no matter what you can't access it right now.

xtine

Bronze

Post by xtine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 pm

For people that had an interview, how long after your interview did your status change? I know Georgetown tells the interviewers to submit their paperwork within 5 business days and I assume my status will update once that paperwork goes in. I interviewed on 12/7 (last Tuesday), and my status is STILL stuck on 11/30! Needless to say, I'm going a little crazy. Did anybody have it take over a week to update? Also, did you hear the results of your application soon after or did they continue to review your application for awhile?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neveragain224

New

Post by neveragain224 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:15 pm

xtine wrote:For people that had an interview, how long after your interview did your status change? I know Georgetown tells the interviewers to submit their paperwork within 5 business days and I assume my status will update once that paperwork goes in. I interviewed on 12/7 (last Tuesday), and my status is STILL stuck on 11/30! Needless to say, I'm going a little crazy. Did anybody have it take over a week to update? Also, did you hear the results of your application soon after or did they continue to review your application for awhile?

I had my interview on 12/3 and the next status update was on 12/10, so mine took about a week. I originally submitted my application 11/4, got the interview request 11/16, and haven't heard back yet since the interview. Mine took a week to update too, so yours could just be a little slow. Doesn't sound like its too behind yet!

chstar

New

Post by chstar » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 pm

xtine wrote:For people that had an interview, how long after your interview did your status change? I know Georgetown tells the interviewers to submit their paperwork within 5 business days and I assume my status will update once that paperwork goes in. I interviewed on 12/7 (last Tuesday), and my status is STILL stuck on 11/30! Needless to say, I'm going a little crazy. Did anybody have it take over a week to update? Also, did you hear the results of your application soon after or did they continue to review your application for awhile?

i had an interview mid-november and didn't update again until December. i have no idea why though. good luck with everything :)

xtine

Bronze

Post by xtine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm

neveragain224 wrote:

I had my interview on 12/3 and the next status update was on 12/10, so mine took about a week. I originally submitted my application 11/4, got the interview request 11/16, and haven't heard back yet since the interview. Mine took a week to update too, so yours could just be a little slow. Doesn't sound like its too behind yet!
chstar wrote:

i had an interview mid-november and didn't update again until December. i have no idea why though. good luck with everything :)

Thanks, everyone! You've made me breathe a lot easier (and stop blaming my interviewer for my stress, haha)
:)

kjadkins

Silver

Post by kjadkins » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Status date updated to 12/13, this is my first update since I went complete so I guess I'm finally UR!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dytelb

New

Post by dytelb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:50 pm

stillllll 12/3-stuck at my second complete update. should i be worried? no movement for 11 days-does that signal waitlist/rejection?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Does anyone know if the GULC fitness center has rowing machines?

furrywalls

New

Post by furrywalls » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Marionberry wrote:Does anyone know if the GULC fitness center has rowing machines?
It's pretty nice I would imagine they have at least one but if not the Potomac isn't far

ميشيل عفلق

New

Post by ميشيل عفلق » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 pm

They have two Concept2s.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 pm

ميشيل عفلق wrote:They have two Concept2s.
Sweet. Do you know if they're typically available?

ميشيل عفلق

New

Post by ميشيل عفلق » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Marionberry wrote:
This is probably one of the most obscure questions ever asked on TLS-- but yes, I've never seen both machines occupied.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:07 pm

ميشيل عفلق wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
This is probably one of the most obscure questions ever asked on TLS-- but yes, I've never seen both machines occupied.
Ha. Yeah, I tried to do a search but I didn't find anything. I got in ED, so it's not really a deciding factor in whether or not i will attend, but it's nice to know that they're there.+

cedric

New

Post by cedric » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:10 pm

OMG!!

I must have checked the admitted website many times only to be dismayed by the red message. I just checked it again just for fun, and saw a yellow message that my id/password were sent to my email. I couldn't successfully log in with the id/password provided, but does this still mean I am admitted?

11/16 (Submitted) - 11/29 (Completed) - 12/9 - 12/13
Last edited by cedric on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Teflon1974

New

Post by Teflon1974 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 pm

xtine wrote:
neveragain224 wrote:

chstar wrote:

Thanks, everyone! You've made me breathe a lot easier (and stop blaming my interviewer for my stress, haha)
:)
My interview was on 11/22, and I had a status update on 11/23. (I know for a fact that my interviewer submitted her review on 11/22.) I had another status update on 11/29, then a final update on 12/6. Letter in mailbox on 12/10 (on the west coast)
Last edited by Teflon1974 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Has it been decided that them sending emails to the people who recommended you is indicative of nothing?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 pm

sarahlawg wrote:Has it been decided that them sending emails to the people who recommended you is indicative of nothing?
Yes. Unless it includes something about "good news." Then, there is some good news! :D

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:55 pm

cedric wrote:OMG!!

I must have checked the admitted website many times only to be dismayed by the red message. I just checked it again just for fun, and saw a yellow message that my id/password were sent to my email. I couldn't successfully log in with the id/password provided, but does this still mean I am admitted?

11/16 (Submitted) - 11/29 (Completed) - 12/9 - 12/13
Yes. Congrats! You should receive the letter by the end of the week/early next week. Same thing happened to me last week and I was able to log in on Friday or Saturday, can't remember which.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”