GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
champsound

Bronze

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by champsound » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:21 am

Just submitted application last night, created status checker, waiting for something now.

Congrats to everyone in.

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:34 am

funhouse3 wrote:I submitted 12/15, went complete 12/20 (I think). Complete again on 1/5 which also was the day my recommender got the "Thank You" email from them.
Today another recommender received the same email - but no update today.
Both of them were the same emails, NOT the one that suggested I was accepted.
Anyone have any experience with this? Two recommenders getting that "Thank You" email at separate times?
That is exactly what happened to me--two of my recommenders got emails on different days. And they both got the standard "thanks for the rec," not the "good news" email, but I was able to get a username/PW for the admitted students site on Monday. It hasn't worked yet, but I'm pretty sure it means acceptance...

sanguar

Silver

Post by sanguar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 am

I've got nothing under "mailings". I initially submitted 12/17, went complete 12/20, and have an updated "complete" on 1/5.

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am

If someone already asked this, I apologize in advance, but does "complete" mean under review or does the status checker actually change to "under view"?

I'm complete as of 1/7

msridiculous447

Bronze

Post by msridiculous447 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 pm

Does anyone have anything under mailings?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 pm

sanguar wrote:I've got nothing under "mailings". I initially submitted 12/17, went complete 12/20, and have an updated "complete" on 1/5.
+1 this waiting is getting old REAL fast.

JTMan

Bronze

Post by JTMan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 pm

socraticmethodman wrote:If someone already asked this, I apologize in advance, but does "complete" mean under review or does the status checker actually change to "under view"?

I'm complete as of 1/7
From what I have gleaned "complete" means it is under review. I have never seen an "under review" status. The dates change only.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Anyone apply ED over 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything one way or the other? :?

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm

law4vus wrote:Anyone apply ED over 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything one way or the other? :?
I am guessing you applied during the winter break. I would start counting the 3 weeks from your first complete date or when their offices re-opened, whichever is later.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alexdelarge

New

Post by alexdelarge » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:22 pm

JTMan wrote:
socraticmethodman wrote:If someone already asked this, I apologize in advance, but does "complete" mean under review or does the status checker actually change to "under view"?

I'm complete as of 1/7
From what I have gleaned "complete" means it is under review. I have never seen an "under review" status. The dates change only.
My "complete" status changed to "under review" at Boalt. I don't know if that's the common practice. LSN has a column for complete, but not one for under review.

law4vus

Silver

Post by law4vus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 pm

ArchRoark wrote:
law4vus wrote:Anyone apply ED over 3 weeks ago and still not heard anything one way or the other? :?
I am guessing you applied during the winter break. I would start counting the 3 weeks from your first complete date or when their offices re-opened, whichever is later.
I applied around December 10th, so I wouldn't think that winter break would be a factor. Though they did hold it until they could interview me, so that is probably the reason for the delay. Still on pins and needles, though.

granger

Bronze

Post by granger » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Just got an interview invite for NYC next month. Can anyone shed some light on what that means about my app/how interviewees have fared so far?

laurencita7

New

Post by laurencita7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 pm

granger wrote:Just got an interview invite for NYC next month. Can anyone shed some light on what that means about my app/how interviewees have fared so far?
probably means you're right on the cusp -- "on the bubble" as my interviewer told me -- below the medians, but your app was good enough that they don't automatically reject you despite lower numbers.

there is a separate gulc interviews thread that has info on interviews.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Anyone ED'd to the PT program?

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Gulc-

How bout you start reviewing the files you held for January review back in October? I heard there are some awesome applicants in there.....

RicketyCricket

New

Post by RicketyCricket » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:47 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Gotti wrote:sup 12/13ers where you at???
+1. In full effect.
+1

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:49 pm

granger wrote:Just got an interview invite for NYC next month. Can anyone shed some light on what that means about my app/how interviewees have fared so far?
Is it a group interview or individual interview? I have my GULC group interview tomorrow down in Miami. Hoping I impress the dean so much that he admits me on the spot... Not likely but that's my mentality going in lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

swimmergirl1303

Bronze

Post by swimmergirl1303 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Deuce wrote:Gulc-

How bout you start reviewing the files you held for January review back in October? I heard there are some awesome applicants in there.....
Ditto.

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Deuce wrote:Gulc-

I'll trade you my GULC acceptance for your Texas acceptance.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm

I just couldn't keep my mouth shut after successfully generating a username/password for the admitted students site. I told a bunch of my inquisitors that I got in, so I'm gunna feel like a real douche if this thread is wrong.

awilson11

Bronze

Post by awilson11 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:57 pm

The Gentleman wrote:I just couldn't keep my mouth shut after successfully generating a username/password for the admitted students site. I told a bunch of my inquisitors that I got in, so I'm gunna feel like a real douche if this thread is wrong.
seconded

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

The Gentleman wrote:I just couldn't keep my mouth shut after successfully generating a username/password for the admitted students site. I told a bunch of my inquisitors that I got in, so I'm gunna feel like a real douche if this thread is wrong.
This is everyone's reaction after they generate their username/password. Enjoy your letter/AS website tomorrow.

savvyradish

New

Post by savvyradish » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Marionberry wrote:
This is everyone's reaction after they generate their username/password. Enjoy your letter/AS website tomorrow.
I've been regretting my big fat mouth all week. Each day that passes without being able to enter the AS Website convinces me (irrationally) that GULC has caught on and is getting payback. I'm going to be laughing at myself soon (I hope).

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:34 pm

After I generated my admitted students' site password I didn't tell a single non-TLSer until I got the letter, for that reason exactly. Didn't want to tell everyone and then get WLed or rejected. :oops:

canes

Bronze

Post by canes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

awilson11 wrote:
seconded
thirded

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”