GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bk1

Diamond

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by bk1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 pm

eskimo wrote:
bostonlawchick wrote:11/29-->12/3--->12/17

Received an interview request this morning (splitter), taking it as a good sign. What did everyone else wear? I'm assuming I won't hear back from the alum for a while as its the holidays.
Generally I think:

law firm --> suit
coffee shop/casual setting --> business casual
Agreed.

I wore a suit but no tie as I was meeting my interviewer at a coffee shop and it was late on a weekday. I also got the vibe that my interviewer was laid back from our phone calls and email correspondence.

That being said, if you are worried at all I say go formal as if you were going for a job interview. These people have done it many times before, my interviewer had been doing it for 5 years, and won't care if you are overdressed.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Could anyone tell me how decisions are given? Is it updated on the status checker as accepted, or are decisions only mailed? Would the checker just say "decision mailed," rather than what the decision is?

Thanks. I'm getting a little antsy here and I will be away for the holidays so I won't be receiving mail for a few weeks.

TheOcho

Bronze

Post by TheOcho » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:Could anyone tell me how decisions are given? Is it updated on the status checker as accepted, or are decisions only mailed? Would the checker just say "decision mailed," rather than what the decision is?

Thanks. I'm getting a little antsy here and I will be away for the holidays so I won't be receiving mail for a few weeks.
I can't say about the status checker, because I never looked at it. My acceptance came in the mail and I have received numerous follow-ups via e-mail and postal mail. HTH.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:08 pm

DCLaw11 wrote:Could anyone tell me how decisions are given? Is it updated on the status checker as accepted, or are decisions only mailed? Would the checker just say "decision mailed," rather than what the decision is?
Status checker never says anything other than complete. Read through some of the earlier pages, this is addressed every 20 or so posts.

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:44 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
Status checker never says anything other than complete. Read through some of the earlier pages, this is addressed every 20 or so posts.
my bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Got my nice letter :D Oddly, it doesn't seem to have been sent to my current address, but my permanent one, meaning it never triggered my mail forwarding for the holidays. No complaints! (It arrived in NY). By far my favorite letter to date.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 pm

I know that we shouldn't ask "What does this mean" questions, but I applied as both. I didn't notice, but my update yesterday (12/16) made my application go to "Full-Time."

So, what does this mean?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:51 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:I know that we shouldn't ask "What does this mean" questions, but I applied as both. I didn't notice, but my update yesterday (12/16) made my application go to "Full-Time."

So, what does this mean?
Based on what I have gathered throughout this thread, this seems to be a good sign. It probably means your numbers are strong enough to admit you into the Full-Time program and they don't need to consider you for the Part-Time. Although, switching to Part-Time is not necessarily a bad thing, people have gotten accepted when it switched to Part-Time. However, I think it just means they have put you in the Full-Time group, which has to be a positive sign due to the higher difficulty of getting into the Full-Time program.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:58 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:I know that we shouldn't ask "What does this mean" questions, but I applied as both. I didn't notice, but my update yesterday (12/16) made my application go to "Full-Time."

So, what does this mean?
Based on what I have gathered throughout this thread, this seems to be a good sign. It probably means your numbers are strong enough to admit you into the Full-Time program and they don't need to consider you for the Part-Time. Although, switching to Part-Time is not necessarily a bad thing, people have gotten accepted when it switched to Part-Time. However, I think it just means they have put you in the Full-Time group, which has to be a positive sign due to the higher difficulty of getting into the Full-Time program.
I know others have gotten accepted the same day that happened though... I can't get a password for the admitted students website. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

So, what does this mean?
I know others have gotten accepted the same day that happened though... I can't get a password for the admitted students website. :|
I doubt they would classify you into the more selective program and then reject you. That doesn't make logical sense to me. I definitely understand your anxiety, though. Are your numbers competitive for Full-Time?

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:I doubt they would classify you into the more selective program and then reject you. That doesn't make logical sense to me. I definitely understand your anxiety, though. Are your numbers competitive for Full-Time?
171/3.4x

SirWilliam1022

Bronze

Post by SirWilliam1022 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:33 pm

My file also changed to Full-time as of 12/15. So from what I gather I should be expecting a letter in the mail soon. Only says complete. So it doesn't change to under review either? I ask because in past years I see that it changed to under review. Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated. So very excited. Come on mail! =D

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:19 pm

thelaststraw05 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:I doubt they would classify you into the more selective program and then reject you. That doesn't make logical sense to me. I definitely understand your anxiety, though. Are your numbers competitive for Full-Time?
171/3.4x
I would think you'd be in for Full-Time. You aren't auto-admit, but you are still a very strong applicant. I think you're in good shape.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

swimmergirl1303

Bronze

Post by swimmergirl1303 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 pm

dlpelletier wrote:Has anyone who was rolled to regular decision from ED had any updates since or received an acceptance? My status is still back at 10.29 and it is killing me. I appreciate that I wasn't rejected outright especially being an extreme splitter but patients has never been my strong point. Would love to hear from anyone who is in a similar boat. Congrats to those who got in and know, and for those who did but are not going to accept it, please let them know :) free up another boat space.
Mine updated a day or two after I got the email saying I was rolled to RD (but it didn't update on the day of the email- weird) Also, one of my recommenders got an email today saying thanks for sending in a letter....did anyone else get this? What was your admissions outcome if you did???

FutureInLaw

Bronze

Post by FutureInLaw » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Have we found out what letters to recommenders mean? Does a lack of the "good news is coming" mean anything?

LSATNightmares

Silver

Post by LSATNightmares » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:43 pm

I've only read bits and pieces of this thread, but I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts. I interviewed two weeks ago and there has been no change of status for me ever since 11/16. I applied on 10/30. Is that a bad sign? Also, today one of my recommenders got one of those generic emails saying thank you for your feedback. I guess that means nothing?

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:23 pm

Update for everyone:

Applied 11/17

Complete 12/13

Accepted 12/18

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:14 pm

How did you find out? A letter or an e-mail??

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Received a letter, no e-mail, no scholarship info.

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:15 pm

**runs to mailbox** :)

hpfl121

New

Post by hpfl121 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm

lol yea I just went to go check my mailbox also. Applied 11/27 and updated to full time and complete on 12/13. Well, hopefully we'll receive something soon.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Evrydyhonestliar

Bronze

Post by Evrydyhonestliar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I applied 11/20 Update to 12/3 and 12/16. This is the only app I have that has moved at all... so frustrating!

fish tacos

Bronze

Post by fish tacos » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 pm

How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?

masterthearts

Bronze

Post by masterthearts » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:02 pm

fish tacos wrote:How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?
I am RD and got my acceptance letter the first week in December

pereira6

Silver

Post by pereira6 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:37 pm

fish tacos wrote:How many of yall were ED? Is there a consensus agreement that GULC is sticking with their 3-week ED timeline?
Also RD.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”