GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rbarcelo9

Silver

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.

casterfield

Bronze

Post by casterfield » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

rbarcelo9 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.
Congrats, bro! You've got an awesome cycle so far!

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:41 am

any word on the local of the upcoming interviews? still didn't hear anything
Last edited by bender18 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

paulsung123 wrote:2/3 complete, nothing yet

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

Any 2/3 complete hear results yet?
scroll up, pg.183 :roll: so far, waitlist or ding

RedTex

New

Post by RedTex » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:28 am

paulsung123 wrote:
Based on LSN and this board it looks like very few people had 2/3 as a decision date, so I am guessing you that if you haven't had a reject by now, you have at least one more to go...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:26 pm

bender18 wrote:any word on the local of the upcoming interviews? still didn't hear anything
haven't heard anything...

stephan75th

New

Post by stephan75th » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Got my admissions packet yesterday, but never received the letter...

No scholarship or financial aid info

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:51 pm

casterfield wrote:
rbarcelo9 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter (not package). It was pretty nice, I must say, had a nice hand written note from Dean Cornblatt about our group interview.
Congrats, bro! You've got an awesome cycle so far!
Thanks! Nothing left now but SUPER reaches, and trying to get money from schools I have no business getting money at lol.

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:03 am

Ive got a couple questions for the more admissions-savvy members in this thread:

I send my ED app in on 1/6, but asked the application to be held for 5 days to wait for a LOR from a GULC alum.

Letter arrived at 1/11.

Alum gets letter in the last week of January from GULC thanking him for sending a letter.

Alum responds with an additional letter, and GULC updates my status on 2/1.

Question:#1
Does sending new items delay my decision? My application has been in review for over the three week maximum... no word, yet.

Question #2:

I am also a Joint Degree applicant, according to my paper application. After talking with some students from the School of Foreign Service recently, I am more motivated to withdraw my application and apply for the Masters after law school because this will allow me to study abroad in law school and engage in more hands on studies offered by the Masters Program, after law school.

Will the committee hate me for withdrawing? What do you think?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:00 am

EDIT: Nevermind, got the info
Last edited by bender18 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ls24

New

Post by ls24 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone confirmed that Georgetown only emails rejections and waitlists and sends acceptance letters through snailmail? I called the admissions office last week to ask how decisions are announced and was told that I'll most likely most likely find out through email, and that that's how most students hear back- should I consider this a bad sign? My last update was 2/1 and I've had no email/letter/or asw access yet..

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:44 pm

ls24 wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but has anyone confirmed that Georgetown only emails rejections and waitlists and sends acceptance letters through snailmail? I called the admissions office last week to ask how decisions are announced and was told that I'll most likely most likely find out through email, and that that's how most students hear back- should I consider this a bad sign? My last update was 2/1 and I've had no email/letter/or asw access yet..
It has been confirmed in that no one has reported receiving an acceptance by anything other than a snail mail letter, and that no one has reported receiving a rejection or waitlist offer by anything other than email. As far as what you heard from the admissions office, what they said is true. Most of their applicants are either rejected or waitlisted, so most find out through email. Unless they said that you specifically would be finding out through email, then their response is probably not meaningful either way. What are your numbers? I think we can probably give you a pretty good idea of what to expect based on that.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 pm

I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oreo3405

Bronze

Post by oreo3405 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:51 pm

shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

I went complete 1/31 and my status hasn't changed since then. On my status checker, my "2nd email" is [myname][random digit]@law.georgetown.edu. I don't think it's always been that way.

Does this mean anything or should I calm the eff down? Is there an admitted students website trick like there was for NYU?
there is a ASW for GULC too, try to generate a password (click where it says "Here for the first time?" etc ,and if you can get in, congrats!

champsound

Bronze

Post by champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:52 pm

shoop wrote:I haven't been keeping up on the GULC thread since I've had so little movement on my status checker, so feel free to bitch me out if this has been covered somewhere in the 180+ pages that I don't have time to read...

Yes http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... ssword.cfm
You're welcome.

Edit: is it sad that I had that link on the ready with the ctrl-V?

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:54 pm

oreo3405 wrote:

there is a ASW for GULC too, try to generate a password (click where it says "Here for the first time?" etc ,and if you can get in, congrats!
Oh, wow. I got into the website and it knows my first name. I assume this is good news?

champsound

Bronze

Post by champsound » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 pm

shoop wrote:
oreo3405 wrote:

Oh, wow. I got into the website and it knows my first name. I assume this is good news?
Congrats! You're in at Georgetown. You will receive a package confirming this in some weeks ahead.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:56 pm

I hadn't noticed that. I'd say you're in. I'm already in and I have the same email thingy.

shoop

Bronze

Post by shoop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:58 pm

champsound wrote:
Congrats! You're in at Georgetown. You will receive a package confirming this in some weeks ahead.
No email or call or anything before then? Why haven't these schools figured out that neurotic/over-eager students are getting the glorious news through shady anticlimactic backdoor tactics instead of by letters on nice paper or phone calls from bubbly-sounding ladies?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:01 pm

shoop wrote:
champsound wrote:
No email or call or anything before then? Why haven't these schools figured out that neurotic/over-eager students are getting the glorious news through shady anticlimactic backdoor tactics instead of by letters on nice paper or phone calls from bubbly-sounding ladies?
Who knows. I joined this site after I'd already gotten into to GULC. I had no idea that they only mail acceptance letters, so I could have saved myself the mini heart attack.

paulsung123

New

Post by paulsung123 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:29 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:

First time posting here. Never knew such a site existed... I got rejected from 6 schools in a row (probably 7 with DLS from Stanford) and really hoping for GULC

2/4 has been wl or ding. not 2/3

:roll:

just wanted to see if 2/3 heard anything definitive

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm

paulsung123 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

Im a 2/3 and Im still in limbo. 2/4s had a rough go, but from what I have seen 2/3 hasnt seen much movement

granger

Bronze

Post by granger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Anyone else going to the group interview in NYC Wednesday?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:47 pm

I just saw that I have been assigned a GULC email address on my status checker. Anyone know how to go about setting it up, or if that is even possible yet?

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
paulsung123 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:

Im a 2/3 and Im still in limbo. 2/4s had a rough go, but from what I have seen 2/3 hasnt seen much movement
I'm a 2/4 and still in limbo. Went 1/7, 1/28, 2/4. No email and still no ASW.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”