GULC Waiting Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheAudacityofHope

New

Re: GULC Waiting Thread

Post by TheAudacityofHope » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
nicole88 wrote:
Asleep wrote:I've got a group interview scheduled. Any advice on what to wear?
The e-mail says business casual
I haven't gotten a new email about it, and my group interview is next week... Has anyone else heard anything?
What were your numbers?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:42 pm

TheAudacityofHope wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
nicole88 wrote:
I haven't gotten a new email about it, and my group interview is next week... Has anyone else heard anything?
What were your numbers?
Check my profile
170/3.39 MBA URM

Perch

Silver

Post by Perch » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

has it been determined whether a group interview or one with an alumnus/a is preferable?

BlakcMajikc

Silver

Post by BlakcMajikc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Perch wrote:has it been determined whether a group interview or one with an alumnus/a is preferable?
After some searching on TLS, I have found that ~75% with group get in and alumnus/a is for candidates on the cusp and can be hit or miss.

edited for clarity

rbarcelo9

Silver

Post by rbarcelo9 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:49 pm

I'm a male that had a group interview. I have since been admitted. The dress is business casual. My session had 3 males none of which wore a suit. However, a good portion of the females were wearing suits. I wore a dress shirt with the top button unbuttoned, a sweater, black slacks, and dress shoes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nicole88

Bronze

Post by nicole88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:55 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
nicole88 wrote:
I didn't get the email with details (where it was, what to wear, etc) until a couple days before

bender18

Bronze

Post by bender18 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:08 pm

I have a group interview scheduled for next week and have yet to hear anything as well (other than the RSVP confirmation).

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 pm

I apologize if someone has already mentioned this. Do we have any precedent about what happens when someone misses the group interview. The bad weather and flight arrangements made me do so.

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:47 pm

bender18 wrote:I have a group interview scheduled for next week and have yet to hear anything as well (other than the RSVP confirmation).

That is fine. They usually inform you 24 hours before. I send them however an e-mail 72 hours before, and someone responded me back within the day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yasafener1907

New

Post by yasafener1907 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

I completed 12/14 and am still stuck at 1/5...do you think switching my app to ED would help at this point? Maybe remind them that I applied in case they forgot? haha

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:10 pm

yasafener1907 wrote:I completed 12/14 and am still stuck at 1/5...do you think switching my app to ED would help at this point? Maybe remind them that I applied in case they forgot? haha
Retracted for being wrong...
Last edited by c_dubya_s on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm

c_dubya_s wrote:
yasafener1907 wrote:I completed 12/14 and am still stuck at 1/5...do you think switching my app to ED would help at this point? Maybe remind them that I applied in case they forgot? haha
I think their ED deadline was Nov. 15. Unlike UVA, they don't do rolling ED admissions.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. I switched my app to ED around the first of December without any difficulty. I think they got rid of their ED deadline this year.

kcdc

New

Post by kcdc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Marionberry wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
I think their ED deadline was Nov. 15. Unlike UVA, they don't do rolling ED admissions.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. I switched my app to ED around the first of December without any difficulty. I think they got rid of their ED deadline this year.

Their ED deadline is the same as their application deadline.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yasafener1907

New

Post by yasafener1907 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Marionberry wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

From the GULC Website:

Please note: We have changed the procedures and timeline for our Early Decision Process. To receive an expedited Early Decision, applicants must apply through the Early Decision Process. Once an application becomes complete with all required documentation (including application form and fee and personal statement, letter(s) of recommendation, resume, etc.) a decision will be communicated to you within 3 weeks of completion. Early Decision applications may be submitted as early as October 1. Early Decision applications must be complete with all required documentation by March 1.

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:14 pm

kcdc wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:

Their ED deadline is the same as their application deadline.
Sorry. Both of you are correct--I was thinking of NYU for some reason. Too much forum hopping.

yasafener1907

New

Post by yasafener1907 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Sorry. Both of you are correct--I was thinking of NYU for some reason. Too much forum hopping.[/quote]

No worries, but back to my original question- do you think switching would substantially help? I'm a 169/3.35 (GU undergrad)

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

yasafener1907 wrote:Sorry. Both of you are correct--I was thinking of NYU for some reason. Too much forum hopping.

No worries, but back to my original question- do you think switching would substantially help? I'm a 169/3.35 (GU undergrad)[/quote]

URM? If not, I think your only shot would be switching to ED part time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Marionberry wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
did you just send the dean a letter saying "yo, switch me to ED?" or is there a form?

yasafener1907

New

Post by yasafener1907 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Marionberry wrote:
yasafener1907 wrote:Sorry. Both of you are correct--I was thinking of NYU for some reason. Too much forum hopping.

No worries, but back to my original question- do you think switching would substantially help? I'm a 169/3.35 (GU undergrad)
URM? If not, I think your only shot would be switching to ED part time.[/quote]

Not URM, but am half-turkish and fluent. I applied to both FT and PT

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm

fatduck wrote:
Marionberry wrote:
c_dubya_s wrote:
did you just send the dean a letter saying "yo, switch me to ED?" or is there a form?
Call the admissions office and tell them that you would like to switch you application to Binding ED. They will send you a pdf of the ED application, which you will fill out and fax/email to them. You will also have to snail mail in the hard copy.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:21 pm

yasafener1907 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

Not URM, but am half-turkish and fluent. I applied to both FT and PT[/quote]

Well, I feel like GULC may be slightly more holistic than a alot of places, at least I feel like they were in my case. Even so, I was still above their LSAT median, though not above their 75th. I think it's worth a shot, but I would still say your chances are much better for PT.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

yasafener1907 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:

Not URM, but am half-turkish and fluent. I applied to both FT and PT[/quote]

It may give you a shot, but still not a great one (for FT at least). It moves you from "weak consider" to "consider" on Law School Predictor for FT, and you're a "strong consider" for Georgetown PT with or without ED. LSN has two people with around your numbers (169, 3.4x GPA) getting waitlisted ED.

http://gulc.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... =3&type=jd

username10012

New

Post by username10012 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Does anyone know how soon waitlist/rejection emails are sent after the final status update? Mine updated to today but I have no idea how many updates there have been. No access to ASW= I hope I have more updates ahead!

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm

What does that application update mean anyway?

I have alum that are sending specific letters to the school after my application is complete. I wonder if that is preventing my application from being read....

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:56 pm

So I was held a while back after changing my app from ED to RD...and I'm still at 12/14...how screwed am I?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”