Penn ED Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby Mike12188 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:01 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
kk19131 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:I just called and emailed Penn to withdraw from ED and switch to RD. Hopefully they won't hate me :\

Best of luck to everyone here!



Why?


Got into Michigan last week, and Gtown, Duke, Texas before that. And based on LSN stats from last year, Michigan offered practically everyone with my numbers $$$. I just can't bring myself to commit to what is a sure sticker price for Penn compared with $$ at Michigan. Plus, I kind of want to see how NYU turns out.


Congrats!

...and thanks lol

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

UCR originally 11/15

changed status date to 11/23

what does this mean?!
that they will have a decision soon??

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:21 pm

silly101 wrote:UCR originally 11/15

changed status date to 11/23

what does this mean?!
that they will have a decision soon??


Mine had changed from 10/28 to 11/9. When the date changes it just means someone is reading your app file remotely.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:25 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:
silly101 wrote:UCR originally 11/15

changed status date to 11/23

what does this mean?!
that they will have a decision soon??


Mine had changed from 10/28 to 11/9. When the date changes it just means someone is reading your app file remotely.


oh ok i see
ahh

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby MissLucky » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 pm

silly101 wrote:UCR originally 11/15

changed status date to 11/23

what does this mean?!
that they will have a decision soon??


exact same here.

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby ringdabell » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:01 pm

UCR since 11/4 (*I submitted on 11/1)
Havent changed since. Hmm
What is this supposed to mean? :roll:

Guys want to share stats?

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:17 am

just went UCR yesterday. Exciting

User avatar
Rainer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby Rainer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 am

Also jumped from UCR 11/14 (?) to 11/23.

Let's get some good news soon!

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby ringdabell » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am

Rainer wrote:Also jumped from UCR 11/14 (?) to 11/23.

Let's get some good news soon!




Whoa. How come mine hasn't changed at all since 11/4 ?
:cry: what is this supposed to mean?

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 pm

the earliest we can expect news is 12/9 right?

rd05
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby rd05 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Looks like there will be no decisions for a couple weeks. From the website:

Week of 11/22/2010
The Admissions Committee will not be meeting this week, thus no decisions will be made or released. In fact, no decisions will be released prior to December 8, 2010. Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:16 pm

ugh okay,
and which website are you looking at? I couldn't find that snippet

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 am

Here's the link:

http://www.law.upenn.edu/prospective/jdinsights.html

Haha...somehow I keep getting drawn back to this thread despite the fact I'm no longer EDing.

Nostalgia :)

User avatar
Rainer
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:01 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby Rainer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:41 am

Oh my goodness, what to do to not go crazy for the next three weeks!?

:shock:

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:34 pm

Rainer wrote:Oh my goodness, what to do to not go crazy for the next three weeks!?

:shock:


ahh seriously

User avatar
shanshan333
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby shanshan333 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:14 am

They say we'll get our decisions by Dec. 31st so it's not even a guarantee that you'll hear back by Dec. 9th. In fact, it's unlikely.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:38 am

shanshan333 wrote:They say we'll get our decisions by Dec. 31st so it's not even a guarantee that you'll hear back by Dec. 9th. In fact, it's unlikely.


Well last year, ED calls starting going out Dec 8th, with RD calls starting around Dec 14th/15th.

So I'd take Penn's "no decisions before Dec 8th" as a sign that ED decisions will start coming out Dec 8th

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:26 am

absolutazn87 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:They say we'll get our decisions by Dec. 31st so it's not even a guarantee that you'll hear back by Dec. 9th. In fact, it's unlikely.


Well last year, ED calls starting going out Dec 8th, with RD calls starting around Dec 14th/15th.

So I'd take Penn's "no decisions before Dec 8th" as a sign that ED decisions will start coming out Dec 8th


when you say "calls" do you mean actual phone calls

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:37 am

silly101 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:They say we'll get our decisions by Dec. 31st so it's not even a guarantee that you'll hear back by Dec. 9th. In fact, it's unlikely.


Well last year, ED calls starting going out Dec 8th, with RD calls starting around Dec 14th/15th.

So I'd take Penn's "no decisions before Dec 8th" as a sign that ED decisions will start coming out Dec 8th


when you say "calls" do you mean actual phone calls


Yeah, they physically called all the ED admits last year.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 am

absolutazn87 wrote:
silly101 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:They say we'll get our decisions by Dec. 31st so it's not even a guarantee that you'll hear back by Dec. 9th. In fact, it's unlikely.


Well last year, ED calls starting going out Dec 8th, with RD calls starting around Dec 14th/15th.

So I'd take Penn's "no decisions before Dec 8th" as a sign that ED decisions will start coming out Dec 8th


when you say "calls" do you mean actual phone calls


Yeah, they physically called all the ED admits last year.


omggg
thats right during finals week
glued to tls + phone
goodness.

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:43 am

silly101 wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:
Yeah, they physically called all the ED admits last year.


omggg
thats right during finals week
glued to tls + phone
goodness.


Best of luck to you guys!

User avatar
achilles
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:08 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby achilles » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:56 pm

that's only 10 days away!! must find some way to distract myself. waiting for that 215 area code, right? I remember how excited I was when I saw the 512 Austin area code :) If anyone else calls me on the 8th, I will not be happy.

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby silly101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:03 pm

soooo
do they spread the calls over a couple of days? or just the 8th?

and do they also give rejections on the 8th through the online status checker thing or whatever?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby absolutazn87 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:19 pm

silly101 wrote:soooo
do they spread the calls over a couple of days? or just the 8th?

and do they also give rejections on the 8th through the online status checker thing or whatever?


According to last year's thread, the ED calls were spread over a few days and people were rejected through status checker.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby kk19131 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:41 am

I'd love for all this to be over next week...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2chainz_mang, Anon.y.mousse., arthrod, chasima, ChodeAnalBead, Google Adsense [Bot], Hopefullawkid2015, joezze, memphis7598, notausername, sethnoorzad, StopLawying, swoonster, Tomthecat and 24 guests