Penn ED Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
judgement_face
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby judgement_face » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Also still waiting...complete on 12/02 for ED and under review since 12/07
anyone in a similar situation?

Azure Viper
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby Azure Viper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:14 pm

judgement_face wrote:Also still waiting...complete on 12/02 for ED and under review since 12/07
anyone in a similar situation?


I'm in the same exact situation.

judgement_face
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby judgement_face » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:18 pm

Azure Viper wrote:
judgement_face wrote:Also still waiting...complete on 12/02 for ED and under review since 12/07
anyone in a similar situation?


I'm in the same exact situation.


Do you think its a bad sign?

Azure Viper
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby Azure Viper » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

judgement_face wrote:
Azure Viper wrote:
judgement_face wrote:Also still waiting...complete on 12/02 for ED and under review since 12/07
anyone in a similar situation?


I'm in the same exact situation.


Do you think its a bad sign?


If I had to take a guess, it's probably not a good sign, but I'm not basing my decision on the date, but more on my numbers, or rather my LSAT number. 163/3.98. I don't think I can get in with a 163, but I'm keeping hope alive. Not much else I can do at this point.

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby crepesme » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:38 pm

So this year they have decided to wait till the last day(Dec 22th) to send all the rejection? Why this sudden stop....Any one noticed that there was a 159 wait list on LSN?

loptimist
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby loptimist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:54 am

crepesme wrote:So this year they have decided to wait till the last day(Dec 22th) to send all the rejection? Why this sudden stop....Any one noticed that there was a 159 wait list on LSN?


no but some people were dinged few days ago.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:38 am

loptimist wrote:
crepesme wrote:So this year they have decided to wait till the last day(Dec 22th) to send all the rejection? Why this sudden stop....Any one noticed that there was a 159 wait list on LSN?


no but some people were dinged few days ago.


Were there any WLs handed out or just dings and deferrals?

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby crepesme » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 pm

r6_philly wrote:
loptimist wrote:
crepesme wrote:So this year they have decided to wait till the last day(Dec 22th) to send all the rejection? Why this sudden stop....Any one noticed that there was a 159 wait list on LSN?


no but some people were dinged few days ago.


Were there any WLs handed out or just dings and deferrals?

There is one wl on LSN. LSAT 159. Soft factors must be very impressive

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:28 pm

RD calls are coming out.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm

how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:30 pm

justadude55 wrote:how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?


WL will not get any decision before seat deposit is due. Deferral will receive another decision before then, but most likely WL...

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:03 pm

thanks for the info. hopefully i'll get off with the new stuff im submitting. it is really annoying because i saved a stranger a few weeks before hand (long story), and if i waited around maybe i could have gotten in the news, and then i could have submit that to penn lol. now i have to be creative.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby PinkCow » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Oh BTW, Penn sent me a tasty deny e-mail on Wednesday. I was pretty much sure I was a ding, but still :(

3.56 169

If I get denied to Minnesota, I think I'll just give up and join the Peace Corps

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:11 pm

sorry man. you should have ED'd to have a shot.

User avatar
PinkCow
Posts: 786
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:03 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby PinkCow » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 pm

LOL I did

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 pm

justadude55 wrote:sorry man. you should have ED'd to have a shot.


I thought he was ED? Sorry man, bets of luck the the rest of your apps.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:15 pm

im sure you'll get in somewhere good man. u have a 96th (97th?) percentile LSAT

loptimist
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby loptimist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:48 pm

r6_philly wrote:
justadude55 wrote:how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?


WL will not get any decision before seat deposit is due. Deferral will receive another decision before then, but most likely WL...



some people got dinged email and others got held email.

probably held is the waitlist.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:49 pm

chip3341 wrote:Oh BTW, Penn sent me a tasty deny e-mail on Wednesday. I was pretty much sure I was a ding, but still :(

3.56 169

If I get denied to Minnesota, I think I'll just give up and join the Peace Corps


You're in at Minnesota (and with $$$ at that).

You'll end up somewhere great, chip. I'm sorry about Penn, but I'm sure you'll still have an excellent cycle! :)

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 pm

loptimist wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
justadude55 wrote:how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?


WL will not get any decision before seat deposit is due. Deferral will receive another decision before then, but most likely WL...



some people got dinged email and others got held email.

probably held is the waitlist.

they said on the phone they'll get answers out ASAP.

loptimist
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby loptimist » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 pm

justadude55 wrote:
loptimist wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
justadude55 wrote:how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?


WL will not get any decision before seat deposit is due. Deferral will receive another decision before then, but most likely WL...



some people got dinged email and others got held email.

probably held is the waitlist.

they said on the phone they'll get answers out ASAP.


answers out as in decisions or ..... def of held/waitlist for penn?

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:23 pm

as to whether we're being accepted or denied. it seems that they legitimately do want to consider us (held) people longer.

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby crepesme » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm

loptimist wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
justadude55 wrote:how do you spot the diff bw wl and deferral? which one is held?


WL will not get any decision before seat deposit is due. Deferral will receive another decision before then, but most likely WL...



some people got dinged email and others got held email.

probably held is the waitlist.


held=defer>waitlist, is that right?

crepesme
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby crepesme » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:03 pm

justadude55 wrote:as to whether we're being accepted or denied. it seems that they legitimately do want to consider us (held) people longer.

You've already got the held email? Is that the same thing as defer?

loptimist
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby loptimist » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:15 pm

f.. hold mail.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ginawwhan, Long shot hero, notnecessarilyproper, pandaaa, rizzlebizness, Zoe107 and 9 guests