Penn ED Waiting Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ringdabell

Re: Penn ED Waiting Thread

Postby ringdabell » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:49 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
silly101 wrote:so the phone calls have stopped?

That's what I'm wondering... We still have 2 more hours. I'm wondering why they haven't called more people today. A person earlier in this thread said they accept 14-28 ED applicants, I don't see why a majority of them wouldn't be called today unless they're still making decisions.

so they ONLY admit 14-28 EDs??? That's so few though. :cry:
Out of what 400 acceptances they give out.. only 20ish? .. hmm.
am i getting this wrong?
its pretty brutal.

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:50 pm

ringdabell wrote:Guess the long wait today has been fruitless... :roll:
I stared down at my phone for the past few hours despite the final I have to study for ... now I'm all really worried....
Even my online status is still UCR since 11/4
sigh..

+1. One hour left. To the other comment, yes, that's the conclusion someone else came. It seems to make some sense because it doesn't seem like they called that many people today.

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 pm

shanshan333 wrote:
I stared down at my phone for the past few hours despite the final I have to study for ... now I'm all really worried....
sigh..

+1. One hour left. To the other comment, yes, that's the conclusion someone else came. It seems to make some sense because it doesn't seem like they called that many people today.

It definitely seems like they called more people the first day last year than it does today. Hopefully that means we're all getting calls tomorrow :wink:

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:55 pm

They're probably busy updating status checkers to "Application denied"

silly101

Postby silly101 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:55 pm

3 hour final tomorrow morning..well at least it'll keep my preoccupied and away from tls
haha

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:56 pm

makingwaves wrote:
shanshan333 wrote:
sigh..

It definitely seems like they called more people the first day last year than it does today. Hopefully that means we're all getting calls tomorrow :wink:

My UCR hasn't changed since 11/4 (even now), so as I speculated before, changing dates do not appear indicative of much.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:01 pm

20 hours of being on a flight tomorrow = me praying for a voicemail when I finally land

rd05

Postby rd05 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:03 pm

Last year, first round of rejections went out via status checker in the evening after the first wave of calls/acceptances. Guess I'll be refreshing that tonight...

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:24 pm

rd05 wrote:Last year, first round of rejections went out via status checker in the evening after the first wave of calls/acceptances. Guess I'll be refreshing that tonight...

Around what time...? By the way a very pleasant thought to leave all of us with that are only now embracing the fact that we will probably not be getting a call what with the admissions council only being in the office for thirty more minutes. ;/
Last edited by shanshan333 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:30 pm

:(

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:58 pm

chip3341 wrote::(

I've never wanted to refresh a status checker over and over more than I have right now, but i'm too afraid to get dinged to actually do it.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:59 pm

makingwaves wrote:
chip3341 wrote::(

I've never wanted to refresh a status checker over and over more than I have right now, but i'm too afraid to get dinged to actually do it.

If you get dinged you will get a email too.

amkid100

Postby amkid100 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:21 pm

i made myself sick to my stomach today, all for naught. at least from the looks of it, penn seems to be fairly holistic this time around. still awaiting my ding though... :?

rosemerry

Postby rosemerry » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi i'm not applying to the 2010-2011 cycle but i've just got a question.
i've looked up penn's numbers on LSN and it seems they are generally very unkind to people with low GPAs and high LSATs. is there a need to bother applying with a 3.6?

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:06 pm

I got a call at 4:58 ET from "UNAVAILABLE". I nearly died. I answered too late, however, and they didn't leave a message.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

shanshan333

Postby shanshan333 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:40 pm

chip3341 wrote:I got a call at 4:58 ET from "UNAVAILABLE". I nearly died. I answered too late, however, and they didn't leave a message.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

At 5:05 I realized that my phone had no service because my mom called and left a message but I never got her call nor saw my phone ringing... And I was staring that thing down. AT&T is annoying because it will show you that you have service when you really don't so I never realized... I hope they didn't call and if they did I hope they call back tomorrow. They do call back, right, if they don't get you? Anyway, here's to tomorrow... Another very anxiety-filled day... And later tonight apparently some WLs and rejections are coming out, right? Terrific.

cldplayts

Postby cldplayts » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:21 pm

Hopefully this hasnt been answered, I apologize if it has: Do the status checkers change to "accepted" or something like that for those people that have received phone calls and been admitted? Or is it still UCR

sem5117

Postby sem5117 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:23 pm

cldplayts wrote:Hopefully this hasnt been answered, I apologize if it has: Do the status checkers change to "accepted" or something like that for those people that have received phone calls and been admitted? Or is it still UCR

Mine is still UCR. When I got the call though they said it would change shortly. Hopefully it does tomorrow...I want to see the proof that I was accepted!

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 pm

chip3341 wrote:I got a call at 4:58 ET from "UNAVAILABLE". I nearly died. I answered too late, however, and they didn't leave a message.

I wouldn't worry too much. My caller did not block her (215-573-XXXX) number.

silly101

Postby silly101 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:52 pm

so no rejections tonight?

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:53 pm

silly101 wrote:so no rejections tonight?

Every time I feel my bb vibrate my heart drops, thinking it could be that email from Penn lol

Edit: and i'm still wasting an enormous amount of time refreshing this thread instead of studying for my finals tom.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 pm

For all you anxious Penn EDers, I'm now available to form a support group. Duke just started accepting EDers, so I am officially a nervous wreck.

Also, good luck. Penn is an awesome school. And congrats to those who have already gotten in- acceptances couldn't have gone to better people.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:47 pm

beachbum wrote:For all you anxious Penn EDers, I'm now available to form a support group. Duke just started accepting EDers, so I am officially a nervous wreck.

Also, good luck. Penn is an awesome school. And congrats to those who have already gotten in- acceptances couldn't have gone to better people.

Lol beachbum. I read your post and was like, "ah what a nice guy" and then saw your avatar and was like oh...nm.

glacierfrost

Postby glacierfrost » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 pm

I cannot believe it! Got in today via ED...the dean tried calling me but I was unavailable so I found out via email

And to further inspire hope for you....165(multiple) / 3.85 non-URM here. I think the 5 year plan essay helped me out a lot.

Good luck to the rest of you!

achilles

Postby achilles » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 pm

sem5117 wrote:
cldplayts wrote:Hopefully this hasnt been answered, I apologize if it has: Do the status checkers change to "accepted" or something like that for those people that have received phone calls and been admitted? Or is it still UCR

Mine is still UCR. When I got the call though they said it would change shortly. Hopefully it does tomorrow...I want to see the proof that I was accepted!

My status checker still stays UCR 11/15 (that's when I first went UCR), hopefully it will change soon so we don't feel like we're dreaming. And if anyone's wondering, Bayrex left a voicemail. I reallllly wish I could have answered, but I was at work. My LSN is "cec", in case that wasn't obvious enough on the LSN graph

On another note, I got an email from my Georgetown interviewer for a phone interview tomorrow morning, and for some reason he will be calling my home phone. Will be awk if my mom answers and tells him I'm at work and, oh yeah, going to Penn. Better email him back. And another heads for anyone applying to Alabama: their area code is 205. They called me today and I was almost fooled

another congrats to sem, heavenwood and glacier, and good luck tomorrow y'all!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”