Duke NOT Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beachbum

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby beachbum » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:51 pm

vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?

Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...

Congrats, vegenator! I know the status updates have been kinda frustrating, but I hope you'll consider attending.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:57 pm

timmna wrote: congrats to recent admit~!!

ftfy :)

STILL 10/18.

timmna

Postby timmna » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:58 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
timmna wrote: congrats to recent future admits~!!

ftfy :)

STILL 10/18.

Oh, Duke. This is what I really meant.

slax

Postby slax » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Just withdrew my application. Hopefully one of you gets my spot soon

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 pm

slax wrote:Just withdrew my application. Hopefully one of you gets my spot soon

i just did the same. good luck to those still waiting!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm

vegenator wrote:
Thanks, r6! I'm hoping you get an acceptance soon too especially since your ur October date changed too. Plus, you've had enough WL decisions this week. Time for more acceptance celebrations :mrgreen:

When they actually work on your files, they work quick!

In this evening via email! Being requested to submit scholarship form, standard affairs right? Has any of the recent admits been awarded anything yet?

Thanks for the magic BTW! You are good luck!

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:04 am

r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:
Thanks, r6! I'm hoping you get an acceptance soon too especially since your ur October date changed too. Plus, you've had enough WL decisions this week. Time for more acceptance celebrations :mrgreen:

In this evening via email! Being requested to submit scholarship form, standard affairs right? Has any of the recent admits been awarded anything yet?

About time. Congrats.

forward

Postby forward » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 am

mr_toad wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:

About time. Congrats.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:23 am

r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:

Congrats!! I don't think anyone's gotten $ yet (at least I hope not, they've had my form since approx October.. lol)

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:29 am

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:

Congrats!! I don't think anyone's gotten $ yet (at least I hope not, they've had my form since approx October.. lol)

No $ dispersed for me either (Admit ~1/10, form sent ~1/11). I don't think any money is out yet.

dpk711

Postby dpk711 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 am

tagged

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:00 am

mr_toad wrote:
About time. Congrats.

Thanks! It's very anticlimactic. You are in, but not yet. :lol:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 am

So anyone knows what's the deal with the full scholly? Do they have special invites or just choose from the available forms? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with Duke seeing I have not received an update for 4 months and they never responded to my PT request lol.

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 am

r6_philly wrote:So anyone knows what's the deal with the full scholly? Do they have special invites or just choose from the available forms? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with Duke seeing I have not received an update for 4 months and they never responded to my PT request lol.

They invite people (for interviews I believe?) for the Mordecai, they've definitely gone out but I'm not sure if they'll send more or not.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am

arism87 wrote:
r6_philly wrote:So anyone knows what's the deal with the full scholly? Do they have special invites or just choose from the available forms? Sorry I haven't been keeping up with Duke seeing I have not received an update for 4 months and they never responded to my PT request lol.

They invite people (for interviews I believe?) for the Mordecai, they've definitely gone out but I'm not sure if they'll send more or not.

Is 75 the most for Deans? I'd love to get in on a full, but I may have to apply to BU/BC/WUSTL for that? :)

arism87

Postby arism87 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:16 am

r6_philly wrote:
arism87 wrote:

Is 75 the most for Deans? I'd love to get in on a full, but I may have to apply to BU/BC/WUSTL for that? :)

I want to say there are no full Deans scholarships but I actually don't know that. Last year's LSN shows a few people between $80-$90K, I'm guessing it was negotiated because it's not really the norm.

I'm with you on the full, but don't think it's happening! lol

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:38 am

Thanks for the info. I will fax the form in tomorrow and see.

Anyone going to the NYC reception next week?

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 am

r6 congrats!!! But now that you are gone...I am officially first....10/12...still no date change

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:45 am

crossingforHYS wrote:r6 congrats!!! But now that you are gone...I am officially first....10/12...still no date change

Thanks! Was I the oldest date? That was not awesome. But hopefully now that the EDs are processed they can get through the old apps. Apparently being held for that long isn't necessarily a bad thing, so I hope you get good news this week!

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:47 am

r6_philly wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:r6 congrats!!! But now that you are gone...I am officially first....10/12...still no date change

Thanks! Was I the oldest date? That was not awesome. But hopefully now that the EDs are processed they can get through the old apps. Apparently being held for that long isn't necessarily a bad thing, so I hope you get good news this week!

I hope so too, but I am expecting a waitlist..my numbers are nowhere near yours!!!! but it seems schools are a bit weird this year so here is to hope!!! are you thinking duke?

It is currently my dream school...if I get in I am going, good luck on the rest of your apps!!!!!!!!!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:51 am

crossingforHYS wrote:
I hope so too, but I am expecting a waitlist..my numbers are nowhere near yours!!!! but it seems schools are a bit weird this year so here is to hope!!! are you thinking duke?

It is currently my dream school...if I get in I am going, good luck on the rest of your apps!!!!!!!!!

I have grown to be risk adverse so I am now keeping an open mind about all schools. At least until I get all the financial aid offers. I feel totally blessed to be accepted to a lot of people's dream schools. I wish you the best and hope you get into your dream school!

parsi

Postby parsi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 pm

In via email today!

Question: how long after being accepted did the scholarship packet arrive

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:31 pm

come on... at least read some of the thread...

No one has received scholly info yet. (read about 12 posts above)

neonx

Postby neonx » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:41 pm

parsi wrote:In via email today!

Question: how long after being accepted did the scholarship packet arrive

Wow, weekend admit? Nice. Congrats!

paulinaporizkova

Postby paulinaporizkova » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:30 pm

And, upwards of 5 months after the earliest submit date, we finally have a little RD movement.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”