Duke NOT Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Klogon
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Klogon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Just went under review 1/31, but seeing this thread makes me no longer excited about a decision. haha.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby SemperLegal » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am

I got two emails from Duke that proved they are at least reading RD apps.

User avatar
ScarryBakhtin
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby ScarryBakhtin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 am

cbp3443 wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wow. On the off chance of a miracle happening, I actually checked my duke status checker today. UR date changed from 10/19 to 2/2/11. Are they actually looking at us rd folk now?



Mine too! I think I was under review 1/7 or 1/10? I didn't submit until late December. UR 2/2! Movement!


I got updated to UR 2/3, I think my first UR was in December; I submit in late November. I do see a numbers trend, though.

Edit: Quick Q, did it always say "File Under Review" or did it used to just say "Under Review?"

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby wiseguy33 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:33 am

No update for me. Guess it's curtains for my Duke app?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:00 am

ScarryBakhtin wrote:
cbp3443 wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wow. On the off chance of a miracle happening, I actually checked my duke status checker today. UR date changed from 10/19 to 2/2/11. Are they actually looking at us rd folk now?



Mine too! I think I was under review 1/7 or 1/10? I didn't submit until late December. UR 2/2! Movement!


I got updated to UR 2/3, I think my first UR was in December; I submit in late November. I do see a numbers trend, though.

Edit: Quick Q, did it always say "File Under Review" or did it used to just say "Under Review?"


I think it always said "File under review." also for those who wish to speculate the motives for this tiny bit of movement, I applied for one of the joint programs. Otherwise this could be motivated by one or none of many other things....

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:11 am

Didn't update. Over it.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

As if magic: updated to 2/4.

I will frantically check my email for WL now.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby 123kl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:As if magic: updated to 2/4.

I will frantically check my email for WL now.

Not me....

CM612
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby CM612 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:08 pm

123kl wrote:
r6_philly wrote:As if magic: updated to 2/4.

I will frantically check my email for WL now.

Not me....


Me neither. Still stuck on 12/6

User avatar
ScarryBakhtin
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby ScarryBakhtin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:15 pm

vegenator wrote:
ScarryBakhtin wrote:
cbp3443 wrote:
vegenator wrote:Wow. On the off chance of a miracle happening, I actually checked my duke status checker today. UR date changed from 10/19 to 2/2/11. Are they actually looking at us rd folk now?



Mine too! I think I was under review 1/7 or 1/10? I didn't submit until late December. UR 2/2! Movement!


I got updated to UR 2/3, I think my first UR was in December; I submit in late November. I do see a numbers trend, though.

Edit: Quick Q, did it always say "File Under Review" or did it used to just say "Under Review?"


I think it always said "File under review." also for those who wish to speculate the motives for this tiny bit of movement, I applied for one of the joint programs. Otherwise this could be motivated by one or none of many other things....


I, too, applied for the joint program.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Still at 10/12

User avatar
sgtgrumbles
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby sgtgrumbles » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

No update. Whatever.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:33 pm

sgtgrumbles wrote:No update. Whatever.


Same. Over it.

super6
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby super6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I'm still at UR 1/4, I take it this is bad? I applied for the summer program, too, so I guess that's doubly bad. Is there a point in sending in a "Why Duke" essay at this point or should I wait until/if I'm WL'd? What do "Why X" essays usually consist of?

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...

neonx
Posts: 1025
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby neonx » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


Congrats!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


So earlier today it still said ur 2/2/11. Now it has changed to the "decision made; watch for email" status.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


Congrats!!! When was your last update?

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby 123kl » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm

vegenator wrote:
vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


So earlier today it still said ur 2/2/11. Now it has changed to the "decision made; watch for email" status.


When did you submit? We have similar numbers...

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 pm

neonx wrote:
vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


Congrats!


Thanks! I'm hoping this marks the beginning of some real action on behalf of my fellow Ed folks :D good luck to everyone!

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby whitman » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Congrats! Still 11/1 here. Damn.

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm

123kl wrote:
vegenator wrote:
vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


So earlier today it still said ur 2/2/11. Now it has changed to the "decision made; watch for email" status.


When did you submit? We have similar numbers...

I submitted on 9/20 went under review on 10/19 and stayed there until 2/2. Then my ur date changed to 2/2 and I got the acceptance email 40 mins ago.

User avatar
timmna
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby timmna » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Why oh why am I left behind?

Edit: And congrats to recent admits~!!

User avatar
vegenator
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby vegenator » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:46 pm

r6_philly wrote:
vegenator wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Ok excitement wore off. How much longer do I have to wait now? :?


Hopefully not long ! I just got the acceptance email! :D
Let me go check the status checker to see if it changed... Brb...


Congrats!!! When was your last update?


Thanks, r6! I'm hoping you get an acceptance soon too especially since your ur October date changed too. Plus, you've had enough WL decisions this week. Time for more acceptance celebrations :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carlos_danger, KeYe88, lillawyer2, notsolawful and 14 guests