Duke NOT Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby kk19131 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I'm starting to think I've been rejected....

:lol:

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Well how long is the turnover for most people? I have been UR since 11/15 after submitting 11/03

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby kk19131 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Well how long is the turnover for most people? I have been UR since 11/15 after submitting 11/03



There are people here who have been under review since early October...

tipler4213
Posts: 634
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby tipler4213 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Right, but if that makes you "sense a rejection," is a long review suspected to be a bad sign for some reason, i.e. accepted people don't have to wait long?

User avatar
forward
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby forward » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Have they even admitted anyone RD yet? LSN seems to suggest it's pretty much limited to PT admits thus far.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:20 pm

forward21 wrote:Have they even admitted anyone RD yet? LSN seems to suggest it's pretty much limited to PT admits thus far.

I think there have been two or 3 RD admits in this thread, IIRC they submitted in very early october.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 pm

FWIW, the ED applicants (myself included) seem to be stuck at UR 11/8. I assume a lot of these decisions will be coming out early-mid December.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:25 pm

kk19131 wrote:
tipler4213 wrote:Well how long is the turnover for most people? I have been UR since 11/15 after submitting 11/03



There are people here who have been under review since early October...


UR 10/4 here.

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby eliekedourie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Submitted 10/31 and UR 11/8. RD and I submitted a "Why Duke" since 11/8.

123kl
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby 123kl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:33 pm

eliekedourie wrote:Submitted 10/31 and UR 11/8. RD and I submitted a "Why Duke" since 11/8.


+1

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:38 pm

tipler4213 wrote:Right, but if that makes you "sense a rejection," is a long review suspected to be a bad sign for some reason, i.e. accepted people don't have to wait long?

R6 said he sensed a waitlist, not a rejection.

I think it's likely that duke is giving PT applicants (for obvious 10 day turn around reasons) and ED applicants (since their status dates have been updating) priority, maybe they are even a little bit behind in reviewing RD apps compared to last year. IMO 2-3 RD admits is not enough to base any view on what being under a long review means, but make of that what you will.

edit: i see KK said he sensed a rejection

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby silly101 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:08 pm

submitted last wed
received today

but my status says Processing Incomplete File
under Requirements List, there are checkmarks next to
Application (includes fee, resume, PS)
LSAC report with 2 required LORs

should i call them?

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby T6Hopeful » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

silly101 wrote:submitted last wed
received today

but my status says Processing Incomplete File
under Requirements List, there are checkmarks next to
Application (includes fee, resume, PS)
LSAC report with 2 required LORs

should i call them?


No, it'll change to complete soon enough. You also have to allow a little extra leeway since it's the holiday weekend. Even if they are in the office, they may just be taking it easy.

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby dabbadon8 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:55 am

Any idea when more decisions might come out? I applied the first day and haven't heard anything since then.

User avatar
s254w
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby s254w » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Went under review today. Submitted 11/10. Looks like its going to be a long wait.

etlien
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:08 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby etlien » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:03 am

Put Priority Reserve. Whatever that means.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:29 am

etlien wrote:Put Priority Reserve. Whatever that means.


Waitlist that you can't get off. Sorry :(

When did you submit/complete? Numbers? I have been waiting for mine but it's stuck going on 9 weeks.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:49 am

wait why cant you get off priority?
also still under review

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 pm

It's not that you CAN'T, you just... don't.
This is from the priority track thread:

thickfreakness wrote:
Kili wrote:
coug11 wrote:Does anyone know the approximate probability of getting accepted from the priority reserve list?


My guess is it would be reasonably high. Duke has a large acceptance rate. A lot of people apply PT just for validation knowing they won't matriculate if they get into a different school.


If I recall correctly, no one was admitted from either the PR list or the regular waiting list last year and the class was still overenrolled by around 25 students.


HTH.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:46 pm

Yea I was PR'ed last year because I submitted so late. I don't remember seeing anyone get off.

I wish they'd just hurry up and PR me now. I reapplied early thinking I would get in, but they blew off my request for PT for whatever reason (I have the numbers for it).

paralegal
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby paralegal » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Kili wrote:
coug11 wrote:Does anyone know the approximate probability of getting accepted from the priority reserve list?


My guess is it would be reasonably high. Duke has a large acceptance rate.



Duke Law News, Aug. 31, 2010

Class of 2013

“Admission to Duke was so competitive this year that, for the first time in recent history, the Law School could not extend admission to any student on the waitlist. Applications for admission in 2010 were 25 percent higher than in 2009 (over 7,900 applications), and the admission rate was a record low 13.2 percent.”

GPA Median: 3.8
LSAT Median: 170
______________________________

University of Michigan Law

Class of 2013 Statistics

Applied: 6,312

Admitted: 18.6 percent

GPA Median: 3.73
LSAT Median: 169

User avatar
T6Hopeful
Posts: 693
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Well yeah, I only quoted that part for context. The more prominent quote clearly agrees with what you just posted.

coug11
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby coug11 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:24 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:It's not that you CAN'T, you just... don't.
This is from the priority track thread:

thickfreakness wrote:
Kili wrote:
coug11 wrote:Does anyone know the approximate probability of getting accepted from the priority reserve list?


My guess is it would be reasonably high. Duke has a large acceptance rate. A lot of people apply PT just for validation knowing they won't matriculate if they get into a different school.


If I recall correctly, no one was admitted from either the PR list or the regular waiting list last year and the class was still overenrolled by around 25 students.


HTH.


This is true, however, the year before, everyone who was PRed got offered a spot who replied to an e-mail in Feb asking who was still interested. It just depends on the year. I'm still holding out hope!

duckmoney
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby duckmoney » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 pm

I submitted literally 3 months ago now, RD. Under review 10/12, not further activity. I'm sincerely hoping that they just haven't gotten around to us RD folks yet.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby bdubs » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm UR at the law school as of 11/15 but I applied to the joint JD/MBA program. Anyone know if they release joint program decisions simultaneously or separately?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”