Duke NOT Priority Track

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wonkymonkey
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby wonkymonkey » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Complete as of two weeks ago and my application status changed to Under Review today (11/1)!

User avatar
123xalady
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby 123xalady » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Complete as of 5 days ago- under review today :shock:

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Got the email from Dean Hoye 20 minutes ago. Officially IN AT DUKE! :D :D

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:23 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Got the email from Dean Hoye 20 minutes ago. Officially IN AT DUKE! :D :D


Congrats again!

Come on rest of non-PT!

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm

absolutazn87 wrote:Got the email from Dean Hoye 20 minutes ago. Officially IN AT DUKE! :D :D


Congrats! Any status-checker change?

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Deuce wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Got the email from Dean Hoye 20 minutes ago. Officially IN AT DUKE! :D :D


Congrats! Any status-checker change?


Thanks!! No status checker change from this morning. Still reads "Decision made; watch for email"

User avatar
absolutazn87
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby absolutazn87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Got the email from Dean Hoye 20 minutes ago. Officially IN AT DUKE! :D :D


Congrats again!

Come on rest of non-PT!


Yeah things are starting to happen for us non-PTers!! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Thanks for the support!

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby kak5n » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Ahh just checked and I am Under Review as of 11/1. I applied 10/18 and went complete 10/21. How long between under review and decision, or does it depend on the strength of the applicant?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby r6_philly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 pm

kak5n wrote:Ahh just checked and I am Under Review as of 11/1. I applied 10/18 and went complete 10/21. How long between under review and decision, or does it depend on the strength of the applicant?


I think it will be a lil while. I am still under review since 10/11. Maybe I will hear next week to keep it under a month.

SHarry3666
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:13 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby SHarry3666 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Just got a wall post from AD with this interview with Duke Law's Dean of Admissions. Haven't read the whole thing yet, but it gives some insights into their process.

User avatar
Burgstaller04
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Burgstaller04 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:27 am

Just submitted my app. we'll see what happens

User avatar
Lou9
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Lou9 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:35 am

Submitted last night. I pretty much only applied because of the fee waiver.

User avatar
ajcollege
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby ajcollege » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:16 pm

Went for ED on 10/31. Complete on 11/2.

So nervous.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby crossingforHYS » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:21 pm

Lou9 wrote:Submitted last night. I pretty much only applied because of the fee waiver.

I actually want to get in......but I dont think that will happen :(

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Ragged » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:23 pm

I got WLed like two weeks ago. lol

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby DorianGray89 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:36 am

Just submitted last night. Duke is one of my top choices, can't wait to hear back!

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby DorianGray89 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:33 pm

That was really fast. I submitted late last night and I'm already complete and ready for review.

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby jeremychristiansen » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:02 pm

I am really surprised that I haven't been dinged yet. My numbers are not Duke material. I've been under review for nearly a month. You'd think for those of us who don't really have a chance it wouldn't take all that long.

crossingforHYS
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:I am really surprised that I haven't been dinged yet. My numbers are not Duke material. I've been under review for nearly a month. You'd think for those of us who don't really have a chance it wouldn't take all that long.

me toooo

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Hannibal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:39 pm

I just got a status checker. WTF? It's sunday.

I'll take it of course.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Deuce » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Hannibal wrote:I just got a status checker. WTF? It's sunday.

I'll take it of course.


With your numbers han, they're making their staff slaves work overtime to get you through and put a nice $$$$ package together for you... hth

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Hannibal » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Deuce wrote:
Hannibal wrote:I just got a status checker. WTF? It's sunday.

I'll take it of course.


With your numbers han, they're making their staff slaves work overtime to get you through and put a nice $$$$ package together for you... hth


According to their admissions profile, they only admit 16/150 people in my stat bracket. That said, I'd be in the high end of that bracket (3.25.3.5, 170-180)
Last edited by Hannibal on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby DorianGray89 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:29 am

Hannibal wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Hannibal wrote:I just got a status checker. WTF? It's sunday.

I'll take it of course.


With your numbers han, they're making their staff slaves work overtime to get you through and put a nice $$$$ package together for you... hth


According to their admissions profile, they only admit 16/150 people in my stat bracket. That said, I'd be in the high end of that bracket (3.25.3.5, 170-175)


Where are those stats?

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Hannibal » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 am


User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: Duke NOT Priority Track

Postby Deuce » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 am

Hannibal wrote:http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/SchoolsABAData/SchoolPage/SchoolPage_PDFs/LSAC_LawSchoolDescription/LSAC5156.pdf

Bottom.

According to that chart I've got a better shot than you, which simply isn't true.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: barelyouthere, Christinabruin and 12 guests