Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm

SemperLegal wrote:Gotti:

1. Email came before or same time as checker so try to ignore the refresh. (easier said than done)

2. Being from Cali With an econ background and that gpa your golden if you are north of the twenty-five gpa. I have a good source that says fordham is beggig for alumni who chose to leave nyc eventuqlly in order to coujter their regional-only rep.

please excuse typos. New phone



No econ background here...i'm psych & poli sci. I'm assuming you meant north of 25th LSAT...I'm AT 25th LSAT but my GPA is almost 4.0 so I'm hoping that will help.

Hopefully your last point is true...I just want an acceptance, Fordham!!! PLEASE :?

User avatar
stlisforlovers
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby stlisforlovers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Gotti wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:Gotti:

1. Email came before or same time as checker so try to ignore the refresh. (easier said than done)

2. Being from Cali With an econ background and that gpa your golden if you are north of the twenty-five gpa. I have a good source that says fordham is beggig for alumni who chose to leave nyc eventuqlly in order to coujter their regional-only rep.

please excuse typos. New phone



No econ background here...i'm psych & poli sci. I'm assuming you meant north of 25th LSAT...I'm AT 25th LSAT but my GPA is almost 4.0 so I'm hoping that will help.

Hopefully your last point is true...I just want an acceptance, Fordham!!! PLEASE :?

I'm sure you're in. Your GPA is AMAZING. You got this, gotti!

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:
Gotti wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:Gotti:

1. Email came before or same time as checker so try to ignore the refresh. (easier said than done)

2. Being from Cali With an econ background and that gpa your golden if you are north of the twenty-five gpa. I have a good source that says fordham is beggig for alumni who chose to leave nyc eventuqlly in order to coujter their regional-only rep.

please excuse typos. New phone



No econ background here...i'm psych & poli sci. I'm assuming you meant north of 25th LSAT...I'm AT 25th LSAT but my GPA is almost 4.0 so I'm hoping that will help.

Hopefully your last point is true...I just want an acceptance, Fordham!!! PLEASE :?

I'm sure you're in. Your GPA is AMAZING. You got this, gotti!


<3333

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SemperLegal » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Man i totally misread your profile. I thought it said that you were an econ double major. Werid.

I realized i already got in and i rarely post embarassing things anyway (execpt soft keyboard inspired typos) so secrecy cn be forgotten. My source was an adcomm. I think Gemni heard some of the convo. I was harrassing he/she about being stuck in NYC and he/she seemed geniunely pleased that i wanted to eventually move out of the capital of the world. Appparently there is a small group of alumni who got trqnsferred to cali offices and still do OCI. However those who get offers choose to work in the NY branch causing Fordham to self-select to being more regional than they think ot should be. The people i talked to seemed to actually feel as though my ties to other regions was a soft bonus. Of course they could just have been trying to keep me happy, but i am a fairly good judge of sincerity due to my last few jobs. No idea how they weigh it however.

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby fakemoney » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:10 pm

good source that says fordham is beggig for alumni who chose to leave nyc eventuqlly in order to coujter their regional-only rep


...
Last edited by fakemoney on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby dangerousminds » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 pm

In via e-mail today. First acceptance. I'm stoked.

User avatar
Perch
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Perch » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 pm

dangerousminds wrote:In via e-mail today. First acceptance. I'm stoked.

congrats!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 pm

SemperLegal wrote:Man i totally misread your profile. I thought it said that you were an econ double major. Werid.

I realized i already got in and i rarely post embarassing things anyway (execpt soft keyboard inspired typos) so secrecy cn be forgotten. My source was an adcomm. I think Gemni heard some of the convo. I was harrassing he/she about being stuck in NYC and he/she seemed geniunely pleased that i wanted to eventually move out of the capital of the world. Appparently there is a small group of alumni who got trqnsferred to cali offices and still do OCI. However those who get offers choose to work in the NY branch causing Fordham to self-select to being more regional than they think ot should be. The people i talked to seemed to actually feel as though my ties to other regions was a soft bonus. Of course they could just have been trying to keep me happy, but i am a fairly good judge of sincerity due to my last few jobs. No idea how they weigh it however.


LOL I remember this.-- that's when I thought it was you before I even "met" you.

User avatar
LttleBlakDress
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LttleBlakDress » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:41 pm

Finished my LOCI today... Sending it in and crossing my fingers. I think Fordham's centers fit my interests a lot better than GW's do.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am

Just FYI, the financial aid app for Fordham is up on the admitted students page. :-)

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Just FYI, the financial aid app for Fordham is up on the admitted students page. :-)


Thanks!! <3

Shit, this reminds me... need to do my FAFSA!

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

Hey lurking current students! I'm trying to compare LRAPs between different schools. The website says up to $8700 a year for up to five years. So...it just stops after five years? Caput? Seems a bit odd, so I think I might be missing something, especially since no other schools mention a time limit like this...

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:11 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Hey lurking current students! I'm trying to compare LRAPs between different schools. The website says up to $8700 a year for up to five years. So...it just stops after five years? Caput? Seems a bit odd, so I think I might be missing something, especially since no other schools mention a time limit like this...

The best person to ask about this is OS. I can summon her or you can shoot her a PM - she's the master at this stuff.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Hey lurking current students! I'm trying to compare LRAPs between different schools. The website says up to $8700 a year for up to five years. So...it just stops after five years? Caput? Seems a bit odd, so I think I might be missing something, especially since no other schools mention a time limit like this...


Not my area of expertise, either.

On a seperate note, if any of you WLers want another opinion on your LOCIs, you can PM them to me.

Finally,

--ImageRemoved--
J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby fakemoney » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 am

..
Last edited by fakemoney on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrVictorFreeze
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby DrVictorFreeze » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 pm

gotta put your best foot forward.

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:10 pm

DrVictorFreeze wrote:gotta put your best foot forward.


Don't let Bart Scott hear you say that...

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:21 pm

In today via email (6:05pm) and status checker!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:In today via email (6:05pm) and status checker!


when did you go complete? under review?

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Submitted 11/28
App Complete 11/30 --> 12/22 --> 1/4
Admitted 1/18

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:56 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Submitted 11/28
App Complete 11/30 --> 12/22 --> 1/4
Admitted 1/18


Congrats I checked my status checker like I'm sure 98% of the board just did. Still on second complete 1/4--->1/11 does everyone have to go through three complete dates?

User avatar
lawfreak
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawfreak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Can I get into the part time program with a 158/3.95? According to law school predictor I should "strongly consider", but that doesn't make sense to me because the median lsat is a few points above!?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!

maglialoro
Posts: 281
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby maglialoro » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:06 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool12345
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawschool12345 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 pm

i was rejected by the part time program with a 158 3.7 with your 3.9 it might make a difference, i was expecting a ding tho

User avatar
nyankees51
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nyankees51 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Complete 11/23-12/14-1/4
Admitted 1/18

Does scholly info come in the acceptance packet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fancyfluter22, Ferrisjso, hellohalo, Houzy, lg77, lillawyer2, PDX4343, potterotter, premalone, stewhan, uhwrestler, whodareswins, xnsch, XUMickeal, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests