Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gemini

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:41 pm

gdane5 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:gdane? What are you doing in this thread? :lol: Did you apply to Fordham?

Yea...I'm pretty sure you and I have interacted on this thread. Damn. Guess I dont make as much of a lasting impression as I thought.

I was waitlisted 2 weeks ago.

Ohhh I'm sorry! <3 I remember now. I promise!!

bball700

Postby bball700 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 am

i have a solid application. With a funny and unique optional statement, good personal statement, and a bunch of solid recommendations from employers who have attended Fordham. I applied to the Evening program with a GPA of 2.9 and LSAT of 162. do i have ANY ANY ANY chance of getting into this school?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:42 am

bball700 wrote:i have a solid application. With a funny and unique optional statement, good personal statement, and a bunch of solid recommendations from employers who have attended Fordham. I applied to the Evening program with a GPA of 2.9 and LSAT of 162. do i have ANY ANY ANY chance of getting into this school?

There's always a chance. Not too much of one, unfortunately, but some. Check out nygrrrl- I think she had similar stats and got in last year.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:55 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
bball700 wrote:i have a solid application. With a funny and unique optional statement, good personal statement, and a bunch of solid recommendations from employers who have attended Fordham. I applied to the Evening program with a GPA of 2.9 and LSAT of 162. do i have ANY ANY ANY chance of getting into this school?

There's always a chance. Not too much of one, unfortunately, but some. Check out nygrrrl- I think she had similar stats and got in last year.

Oh, HAI!!! (Little bow to Ms. Danglars - thanks for the shout out and the memory!)
Yes, I had similar numbers - a teensy bit higher, but close enough.
BBall, how many years are you, out of UG? One of the things that really swayed my app was WE - do you have any intriguing stuff on your resume?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:05 am

One reason why I believe Admissions people search TLS: they were watching nygrrrl to make sure they let the right person in, lol. They saw how much she wanted it, I bet you that. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gemini on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 am

nygrrrl wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:

Oh, HAI!!! (Little bow to Ms. Danglars - thanks for the shout out and the memory!)
Yes, I had similar numbers - a teensy bit higher, but close enough.
BBall, how many years are you, out of UG? One of the things that really swayed my app was WE - do you have any intriguing stuff on your resume?

Hai :-) Lurking on last year's Fordham waiting thread was one thing that helped keep me sane during the long last winter! I see you got mod-ified; congrats!

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:13 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:One reason why I believe Admissions people search TLS: they were watching nygrrrl to make sure they let the right one in, lol. They saw how much she wanted it, I bet you that. :mrgreen:

Oh BLUSH to you and Eugenie... Sweet of you guys. I had strong advocates and they made sure that I let the people in the Admissions Office know that Fordham was my Absolute Number One Choice.
:mrgreen:
Still totally thrilled that I'm a Ram - it's been a whole semester and it's still a bit surreal.
(Also thanks E.D. - big surprise for me - hope I can wear the title well.)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm

bump

cause i'm bored and the school is open again

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:32 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:bump

Oh hey.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:33 pm

oooo that's right. Good - there's a book I have to pick up, in the libe.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

nygrrrl wrote:

oooo that's right. Good - there's a book I have to pick up, in the libe.

Is it weird that I'm actually considering going to the lib to do some pleasure reading? I can't do it in my apartment, there are too many distractions and I really want to get through these...

[read: pleasure reading = E&Es for next semester]

[not really]

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:38 pm

When you enter Fordham Law, then from there you walk into the library, what floor are you on? How do you get to the other floors? Elevator only? Because all I saw was the staircase on the left and the elevator on my right.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:When you enter Fordham Law, then from there you walk into the library, what floor are you on? How do you get to the other floors? Elevator only? Because all I saw was the staircase on the left and the elevator on my right.

when you walk in, you are on the 3rd floor, the main reading room. If you go to the right of the main desk, there is the elevator. If you go to the left, towards the main reading area, there are stairs on your right that will take you to either stacks 1 and 2 (below) or stacks 4-7 above. I usually go to stack 6, but sometimes just stay in the main area if I'm feeling lazy and it's empty. Stacks 1 and 2 make me feel like I'm in prison.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm

I only saw one giant set of stairs in the center of the... 3rd floor, I guess. I'm gonna need a personal one on one tour. :D

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:I only saw one giant set of stairs in the center of the... 3rd floor, I guess. I'm gonna need a personal one on one tour. :D

Ha yeah those take you directly to S6. I'm gonna have to talk to your tour guide about the lousy job he did.

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Ha yeah those take you directly to S6. I'm gonna have to talk to your tour guide about the lousy job he did.

i still say it was you.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

SemperLegal wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

i still say it was you.

hahahaha the similarities are definitely there, but sorry, no such luck

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Not lousy for the whole tour. It's just the library, he quickly gave off a description of the library (as if I'd remember) and let us loose.

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Not lousy for the whole tour. It's just the library, he quickly gave off a description of the library (as if I'd remember) and let us loose.

Yeah, I mean the library / the building as a whole isn't that exciting and you'll all see it again at orientation or ASD or a self-guided tour, etc. I know I didn't care about it when I took my tour. You'll get plenty acquainted with it your first year (wherever you go).

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:25 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
SemperLegal wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

i still say it was you.

hahahaha the similarities are definitely there, but sorry, no such luck

Come to think of it HEP, have you ever seen their tour guide IN the library? :lol: :lol:
(GH, if you go in the library and walk to the left of the main desk - as if you're going into
the main reading room? - there's a small staircase JUST after the desk, on the right.
I also like Stack 6 the best, but also enjoy 4. :mrgreen:)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:47 pm

nygrrrl wrote:Come to think of it HEP, have you ever seen their tour guide IN the library? :lol: :lol:

You make a valid point

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:Come to think of it HEP, have you ever seen their tour guide IN the library? :lol: :lol:

You make a valid point

Only if he had a mirror!

lol

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

SemperLegal wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

You make a valid point

Only if he had a mirror!

lol

Haha - think what you will. I'm lucky enough to know BOTH of these guys!

Woods, Elle

Postby Woods, Elle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:23 am

Hi, I have a question about sending an updated transcript.

My cumulative is 3.43, but this past semester I got a 3.58 (A, A-, B+ B+) including an A- in constitutional law, and the B+ was in my senior seminar on social movements so it's not like an easy class.

Anyway since I'm waitlisted, I definitely am planning on sending an updated transcript to Fordham. I also think it's helpful, because the last 2 semesters (Spring junior year and fall senior year), my GPA was a 3.58, raising my cumulative to 3.45.

should I send it through LSAC, or directly to the admissions office? If I send it to the admissions office, how do I ensure that my L number is on my transcript, since it will be sent through my college? SHould I write a note to them and ask them to print that on the envelope or something?

Thanks!

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 am

Woods, Elle wrote:Hi, I have a question about sending an updated transcript.

My cumulative is 3.43, but this past semester I got a 3.58 (A, A-, B+ B+) including an A- in constitutional law, and the B+ was in my senior seminar on social movements so it's not like an easy class.

Anyway since I'm waitlisted, I definitely am planning on sending an updated transcript to Fordham. I also think it's helpful, because the last 2 semesters (Spring junior year and fall senior year), my GPA was a 3.58, raising my cumulative to 3.45.

should I send it through LSAC, or directly to the admissions office? If I send it to the admissions office, how do I ensure that my L number is on my transcript, since it will be sent through my college? SHould I write a note to them and ask them to print that on the envelope or something?

Thanks!

I would call or email them and ask how they want you to handle it, unless someone else had this problem and knows the answer...

lawadmissions@law.fordham.edu

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”