Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nyankees51

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nyankees51 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Does anybody else still have a second complete without getting a decision yet?

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:32 pm

yes.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm

nyankees51 wrote:Does anybody else still have a second complete without getting a decision yet?

JUST got a 2nd complete date today...idk if i went Complete 12/01 --> Complete 12/22 or if there was a UR in between.....anyone know what 2 complete dates means???

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Got a nice holiday card with a personal (handwritten) note saying they were excited by my admission and mentioning one of my major softs.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:Got a nice holiday card with a personal (handwritten) note saying they were excited by my admission and mentioning one of my major softs.

Me, too! It was really nice of them. However, on my SC, it said Acceptance letter mailed... so is my holiday card an acceptance letter? lol.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Gotti wrote:
nyankees51 wrote:Does anybody else still have a second complete without getting a decision yet?

JUST got a 2nd complete date today...idk if i went Complete 12/01 --> Complete 12/22 or if there was a UR in between.....anyone know what 2 complete dates means???

I also have a second complete date of 12/22, my original date was 12/07 (according to LSN). I think this matter is discussed earlier in the thread, but it's too annoying to search for it on my phone....

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I feel bad for you guys waiting. Fordham break is tomorrow-January 3. Take a break from your status checkers.

For those accepted, there is an admitted students day on January 28, February 19, and April 2. (In NYC, that is)

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:I feel bad for you guys waiting. Fordham break is tomorrow-January 3. Take a break from your status checkers.

For those accepted, there is an admitted students day on January 28, February 19, and April 2. (In NYC, that is)

Anybody going to those? I'm really excited to fly out but being from LA I wanna knock out a few ASDs on the east coast at once so i may have to wait out till April :(

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:24 pm

I know I am committing a cardinal sin of the internet by not posting this immediately. However, I attended the information session on Tuesday and spoke with OCI. They are implementing a mentor program to partner up small groups of students with individual mentors (with JDs) to help them find a job, starting day one of 1L. Could be interesting.

They also said that they have a good network of alumni in Cali and Philadelphia, however they have problems getting talented people to leave NYC for employment.

The tour guide was a 1L, very nice and knowledgeable with an extremely high sense of security about his career prospects. In his words "If you go to Fordham and are on Law Review you can work anywhere" he also said that without Law Review he was pretty confident of his prospects (he had not tried out yet). '

Also....Lockers and a very special Friday treat?!?!

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:26 pm

SemperLegal wrote:I know I am committing a cardinal sin of the internet by not posting this immediately. However, I attended the information session on Tuesday and spoke with OCI. They are implementing a mentor program to partner up small groups of students with individual mentors (with JDs) to help them find a job, starting day one of 1L. Could be interesting.

They also said that they have a good network of alumni in Cali and Philadelphia, however they have problems getting talented people to leave NYC for employment.

The tour guide was a 1L, very nice and knowledgeable with an extremely high sense of security about his career prospects. In his words "If you go to Fordham and are on Law Review you can work anywhere" he also said that without Law Review he was pretty confident of his prospects (he had not tried out yet). '

The bolded make me feel warm inside.

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:27 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Glad you all seemed to have enjoyed yourselves.

And yes, your tour guide is the man. He's probably lurking around here right now reading this...

Hello, awesome tour guide who gave us such great info??

(lil' mod edit there, in case your guide wants to keep his identity on the DL 8) )

mink1656

Postby mink1656 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I also have a second complete date of 12/22, my original date was 12/07 (according to LSN). I think this matter is discussed earlier in the thread, but it's too annoying to search for it on my phone....

My second complete date was 12/16 from 11/26. Never went "under review" status....

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:28 pm

SemperLegal wrote:I know I am committing a cardinal sin of the internet by not posting this immediately. However, I attended the information session on Tuesday and spoke with OCI. They are implementing a mentor program to partner up small groups of students with individual mentors (with JDs) to help them find a job, starting day one of 1L. Could be interesting.

Ohhai!! :D

SemperLegal

Postby SemperLegal » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Ohhai!! :D

Also, I am glad to report I met Gemini Hopeful and there are, in fact, girls on the internet. Don't let her 1000+ forum posts fool you, she is actually very nice and personable.
:D

dangerousminds

Postby dangerousminds » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I just got my third complete.
FML.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:44 pm

If you guys are still complete/UR then please go to the info session and tour, if at all possible. Who spoke at our info session? Directors and assistant directors of admissions and deans. They allow you to stay after the info session to speak one on one. Prepare a list of smart questions to ask and tell them who you are and that you're still waiting.

Take charge! HTH. :mrgreen:

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:If you guys are still complete/UR then please go to the info session and tour, if at all possible. Who spoke at our info session? Directors and assistant directors of admissions and deans. They allow you to stay after the info session to speak one on one. Prepare a list of smart questions to ask and tell them who you are and that you're still waiting.

I totally would....but I'm def in CA haha

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Gotti wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:If you guys are still complete/UR then please go to the info session and tour, if at all possible. Who spoke at our info session? Directors and assistant directors of admissions and deans. They allow you to stay after the info session to speak one on one. Prepare a list of smart questions to ask and tell them who you are and that you're still waiting.

Come by, Gotti! I'll take you around NYC. :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Ahhh I wish. I LOVE NYC so much it's ridiculous. Hope I get in so I can go to ASW!

tartugas

Postby tartugas » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Yes. Just went UR again today. What does it mean? WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

/actually I'm more amused by all the waiting stress on here than anything else... I guess it helps to be an old(ish) fart

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

SemperLegal wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Glad you all seemed to have enjoyed yourselves.

And yes, your tour guide is the man. He's probably lurking around here right now reading this...

Hello, awesome tour guide who gave us such great info??

(lil' mod edit there, in case your guide wants to keep his identity on the DL 8) )

hahaha no it wasn't me, but thanks NY i'm sure he appreciates the anonymity...

though i still think he's lurking here somewhere...

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Gotti wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Ahhh I wish. I LOVE NYC so much it's ridiculous. Hope I get in so I can go to ASW!

Sadly, it seems to be more like ASD. I don't think Fordham does an entire weekend of events.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Sadly, it seems to be more like ASD. I don't think Fordham does an entire weekend of events.

Damn that sucks!!! wtf!?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:48 am

Well Im not 100% sure... There will probably be more information later on. It's too early for you to worry about that, though. Focus on getting in first. :)

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:26 am

has anyone received the acceptance letter yet? they couldn't have mailed it last friday.

no holiday card for me. maybe it will be there when i get home.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”