Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Coming to the Fordham info session tomorrow. Anyone else?

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SemperLegal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Coming to the Fordham info session tomorrow. Anyone else?



<----This Guy, assuming that I ever get out of work tonight.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:46 pm

SemperLegal wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Coming to the Fordham info session tomorrow. Anyone else?



<----This Guy, assuming that I ever get out of work tonight.


Cool. TLS meetup!

I'll link in the shirt Ill be wearing later if you want to find me.

User avatar
SemperLegal
Posts: 1333
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby SemperLegal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Cool. TLS meetup!

I'll link in the shirt Ill be wearing later if you want to find me.


Sounds good. I will PM my name, I don't normally answer to Semper anymore.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:10 am

If anyone else is going to the session, here is the info:

This is to remind you about the information session that will be taking place tomorrow at Fordham Law beginning at 12:30 p.m. and followed by a tour of the law school. Upon arrival to 140 West 62nd Street, take the elevator to the third floor. The session will be held down the hall in Room 311 (room is located down the the hallway on the right). We look forward to seeing you then!

atkpl
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby atkpl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:56 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Coming to the Fordham info session tomorrow. Anyone else?


I am going too. Just arrived from Atlanta today..

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:16 am

I'm wearing a flowery shirt from express under a blazer. Come find me and see you later today.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 am

Have fun, you guys!
Oh, and finding that room can be a tiny bit tricky. Take the elevator to 3, walk down the
hall and hang a right just past the atrium - it's the door on the left. :)
Let us know how it goes!

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am

Also the chairs in that room are really uncomfortable; I'm not sure why they picked to have the meeting there. But in general the classrooms are pretty decent.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 am

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:Also the chairs in that room are really uncomfortable; I'm not sure why they picked to have the meeting there. But in general the classrooms are pretty decent.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking about mentioning that...

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:28 pm

The chairs were weird. But I had a really great time!! I wasn't sure about Fordham, but now I know I would be happy to go there. I just need money!!!!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:The chairs were weird. But I had a really great time!! I wasn't sure about Fordham, but now I know I would be happy to go there. I just need money!!!!

I hate those chairs. Had a final in 312 (the sister room) and everyone got there ahead of time to race around, looking for one that was the right height/didn't spin too much, etc. :lol:
I wish Fordham had more money to give - I think they wish the same thing! - but so glad you had a good time and please, hit me or one of the other 1L's in the "taking questions" thread with any Q's you might have!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:The chairs were weird. But I had a really great time!! I wasn't sure about Fordham, but now I know I would be happy to go there. I just need money!!!!

I hate those chairs. Had a final in 312 (the sister room) and everyone got there ahead of time to race around, looking for one that was the right height/didn't spin too much, etc. :lol:
I wish Fordham had more money to give - I think they wish the same thing! - but so glad you had a good time and please, hit me or one of the other 1L's in the "taking questions" thread with any Q's you might have!


The person who led me around was actually from the evening division. I don't remember his name but he's very tall and was a baseball player? If this is TMI, lemme know and I'll edit this out.

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 pm

can someone post the link to the 1Ls taking questions thread? and Gemini- learn anything cool at the info session?

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:The chairs were weird. But I had a really great time!! I wasn't sure about Fordham, but now I know I would be happy to go there. I just need money!!!!

I hate those chairs. Had a final in 312 (the sister room) and everyone got there ahead of time to race around, looking for one that was the right height/didn't spin too much, etc. :lol:
I wish Fordham had more money to give - I think they wish the same thing! - but so glad you had a good time and please, hit me or one of the other 1L's in the "taking questions" thread with any Q's you might have!


The person who led me around was actually from the evening division. I don't remember his name but he's very tall and was a baseball player? If this is TMI, lemme know and I'll edit this out.

HAHAHA! He's awesome! He's a friend of mine! Bet he was a great tour guide, actually.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:can someone post the link to the 1Ls taking questions thread? and Gemini- learn anything cool at the info session?


It was pretty much what I already knew. There was no discussion of the new law school building, though.

I learned about how to get on a journal at Fordham lol. Also that there is a study abroad during the summer to England (yesyesyes!) and that the Fashion Law Institute is the first in the world. Section size= 40 people. And that Fordham provides housing.

Do you think I can get a room at McMann (sp?) Hall? I live in south brooklyn. That means about 1.5 hours to get to Fordham. Is it worth it to get a place?

ETA: @nygrrrl: And yea, he was awesome. Very laid back!

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:47 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:can someone post the link to the 1Ls taking questions thread? and Gemini- learn anything cool at the info session?

Your wish....
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=131576

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
lawgrl21 wrote:can someone post the link to the 1Ls taking questions thread? and Gemini- learn anything cool at the info session?


It was pretty much what I already knew. There was no discussion of the new law school building, though.

I learned about how to get on a journal at Fordham lol. Also that there is a study abroad during the summer to England (yesyesyes!) and that the Fashion Law Institute is the first in the world. Section size= 40 people. And that Fordham provides housing.

Do you think I can get a room at McMann (sp?) Hall? I live in south brooklyn. That means about 1.5 hours to get to Fordham. Is it worth it to get a place?

ETA: @nygrrrl: And yea, he was awesome. Very laid back!

I have several friends in McMann - we were just discussing this, recently. Though they make it seem like a big deal, getting a place there doesn't really seem that tough... and man was I jealous, seeing residents show up for exams in 30 degree weather wearing sweats and flip flops ! (I will pass on your favorable review to said former baseball player :) )

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:32 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
lawgrl21 wrote:can someone post the link to the 1Ls taking questions thread? and Gemini- learn anything cool at the info session?

Your wish....
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=131576



thanks : )

User avatar
H. E. Pennypacker
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:46 am

Glad you all seemed to have enjoyed yourselves.

And yes, your tour guide is the man. He's probably lurking around here right now reading this...

Woods, Elle
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Woods, Elle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Waitlisted. Don't really get why they didn't just reject me... Oh well, it was my reach. Too bad I was 4/4 until I checked Fordham's status lol.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Waitlisted. Don't really get why they didn't just reject me... Oh well, it was my reach. Too bad I was 4/4 until I checked Fordham's status lol.


A lot of people have said they really use their WL! Don't give up hope lol

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:40 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:And yes, your tour guide is the man. He's probably lurking around here right now reading this...

:lol: My thought, exactly...

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 pm

whyyyyyy won't they frickin notify me...it's been 3 weeks & I'm so impatient!

Do they tend to take longer if you have a below median LSAT or GPA? I have one at 25th and one way above 75th. Please tell me I'll hear back next month at the latest...?

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Woods, Elle wrote:Waitlisted. Don't really get why they didn't just reject me... Oh well, it was my reach. Too bad I was 4/4 until I checked Fordham's status lol.

They didn't reject you because they are still interested in you! SEVERAL of my good friends at school were WL'd - Fordham really and truly does use the list. Don't lose hope!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests