Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Buffalo Bill
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Buffalo Bill » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Does anyone know if $10,000 is the most they generally offer? I thought I had read somewhere else that they were pretty stingy with merit based scholarship money but I wasn't sure.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:27 pm

for those that got the scholarship emails, when were you accepted?

unattended bag
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby unattended bag » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:28 pm

rejected PT 12/9 via status checker

User avatar
eliekedourie
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby eliekedourie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:30 pm

Submitted 10/29 or so. In on 12/3.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm

fordham offers full scholarships

what were yallz numbers, if you don't mind?

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

unattended bag wrote:rejected PT 12/9 via status checker


Kinda put a dent in my theory that only one type of decision goes out each day.... :?

Sorry btw!

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Stringer6 wrote:fordham offers full scholarships

what were yallz numbers, if you don't mind?


+1

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby X_Soda » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm

what were yallz numbers, if you don't mind?


to the people that got $$$

NYker
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Buffalo Bill wrote:Does anyone know if $10,000 is the most they generally offer? I thought I had read somewhere else that they were pretty stingy with merit based scholarship money but I wasn't sure.


From what I understand, Fordham gives a few full scholarships to people from outside of NY. For those from NY, I believe the highest schoalrship is $75,000 (over three years of course).

User avatar
OklahomasOK
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OklahomasOK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Dinged.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:00 pm

OklahomasOK wrote:Dinged.


:(

lawgrl21
Posts: 187
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:08 pm

for those who have been admitted and received their acceptances packages in the mail, did it show up under mailings on the status checker/ anyone also admitted 12/3 receive their packages in the mail?

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JennBNYC » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

NYker wrote:
Buffalo Bill wrote:Does anyone know if $10,000 is the most they generally offer? I thought I had read somewhere else that they were pretty stingy with merit based scholarship money but I wasn't sure.


From what I understand, Fordham gives a few full scholarships to people from outside of NY. For those from NY, I believe the highest schoalrship is $75,000 (over three years of course).


Just curious...why would being from NY make a difference? It's not like Fordham is a public institution.

NYker
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYker » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:52 pm

My guess is that they think highly qualified applicants in NY have more of an incentive to attend since they already live here. Getting someone outside of NY who can easily go elsewhere might take more of a financial incentive. This is all speculation though, so take it with a grain of salt.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

this thread is making me super nervous :shock:

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lwoods » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm

X_Soda wrote:Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...


Remember Fordham has EA, so anyone who applied by October 15 is guaranteed a decision by December 15. As the date approaches, they may be trying to get through all the EAs before moving on to the rest.

gl! :D

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:40 pm

Lwoods wrote:
X_Soda wrote:Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...


Remember Fordham has EA, so anyone who applied by October 15 is guaranteed a decision by December 15. As the date approaches, they may be trying to get through all the EAs before moving on to the rest.

gl! :D


Thanks for the reminder :-) I was getting nervous until I thought of that yesterday.

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby X_Soda » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Lwoods wrote:
X_Soda wrote:Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...


Remember Fordham has EA, so anyone who applied by October 15 is guaranteed a decision by December 15. As the date approaches, they may be trying to get through all the EAs before moving on to the rest.

gl! :D


Thanks! :-) Are the people who have gotten in so far EA applicants?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:18 pm

X_Soda wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
X_Soda wrote:Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...


Remember Fordham has EA, so anyone who applied by October 15 is guaranteed a decision by December 15. As the date approaches, they may be trying to get through all the EAs before moving on to the rest.

gl! :D


Thanks! :-) Are the people who have gotten in so far EA applicants?


No.

<-- this guy

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby X_Soda » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
X_Soda wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
X_Soda wrote:Shit! I've gotta stop reading TLS, seeing other people get in with nothing on my end throws me into a massive depression. :-( Nonetheless, congrats to those accepted! I'm starting to get nervous about my 3.35/170 for Fordham. Was kinda treating my acceptance/denial at Fordham as my bellweather of this cycle's success...


Remember Fordham has EA, so anyone who applied by October 15 is guaranteed a decision by December 15. As the date approaches, they may be trying to get through all the EAs before moving on to the rest.

gl! :D


Thanks! :-) Are the people who have gotten in so far EA applicants?


No.

<-- this guy


I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 pm

X_Soda wrote:
I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase.

Right actor, wrong character.

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby X_Soda » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Arbiter213 wrote:
X_Soda wrote:
I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase.

Right actor, wrong character.


Whoops! I thought your avatar was from the scene where he robs Marlo's poker table with two pistols. Is that from his new role in Boardwalk Empire?

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Arbiter213 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:23 pm

X_Soda wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
X_Soda wrote:
I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase.

Right actor, wrong character.


Whoops! I thought your avatar was from the scene where he robs Marlo's poker table with two pistols. Is that from his new role in Boardwalk Empire?


Yessir. You're not the first person to make that exact mistake though.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 pm

i was EA

and i definitely thought of omar during that scene in Boardwalk Empire




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”