Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby neptunestar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:39 am

akcorps wrote:PT in on 12/3, no aid info yet, admitted students website still not up yet.

My numbers were 3.51/166, but I am an EXTREMELY non-traditional student and I am not sure how that has/will affect things regarding aid, etc.

Good luck to everyone else who is still in application limbo.

When were you UR?

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:40 am

Haha, I'm actually not being sarcastic, I know people who got into FT with GPAs way lower than that and comparable LSAT score. Besides - they had shitty/no softs and I read their PS statements - not amazing.


oops. sorry.

that's encouraging.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:46 am

neptunestar wrote:
akcorps wrote:PT in on 12/3, no aid info yet, admitted students website still not up yet.

My numbers were 3.51/166, but I am an EXTREMELY non-traditional student and I am not sure how that has/will affect things regarding aid, etc.

Good luck to everyone else who is still in application limbo.

When were you UR?



I was UR in mid November, the 17th I think. However, when I checked on the 29th it had changed my UR date. My thinking is that my numbers were not high enough to get auto-admitted in the first round of acceptances following the very earliest applicants. I think I must have been pushed to the next round of review and acceptances, which seems like it came Friday night. Looking at LSN there seems to be plenty of room, especially for PT applicants, so try not to worry about it, yet. Easier said than done, I am sure.

neptunestar what are your numbers? Not that I have any good insights, and remember my softs/NT status may throw my application numbers in weird ways, so look at my acceptance and your waiting as anything meaningful (again, easier said than done, I know).

User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby neptunestar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

I personal messaged you, akcorps

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lwoods » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
zeke18 wrote:to those who were just accepted, when did you go under review? I am wondering because I went under review on 11/30...


Originally 11/19, then the date changed to 11/22.


+1 but mine was originally 11/21 then to 11/22 and in FT via email and status has changed on the status checker to accepted!! congrats to everyone else who got in today!


Congrats! :D I think maybe they just didn't get to our apps by the time they sent acceptances on the 22nd, haha.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 pm

neptunestar wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Went under review 12/3.... now to sit nervously and wait... I'm 164/3.82 so I doubt I'll get in but Im crossing my fingers.

With those numbers I would think you could sleep easy?


Being 2 points below LSAT median never made any non URMs sleep easy.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:56 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
neptunestar wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Went under review 12/3.... now to sit nervously and wait... I'm 164/3.82 so I doubt I'll get in but Im crossing my fingers.

With those numbers I would think you could sleep easy?


Being 2 points below LSAT median never made any non URMs sleep easy.


Exactly. :?

User avatar
neptunestar
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby neptunestar » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:14 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
neptunestar wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Went under review 12/3.... now to sit nervously and wait... I'm 164/3.82 so I doubt I'll get in but Im crossing my fingers.

With those numbers I would think you could sleep easy?


Being 2 points below LSAT median never made any non URMs sleep easy.


Exactly. :?

Point taken. Well, for what its worth, I like your chances. Gluck!!!

IAMGenius
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby IAMGenius » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 pm

In on 12/3!!!! I promise you my cycle is by far the luckiest URM cycle to date. In at two top 35 schools. Fordham and Alabama, and Alabama gave $$. I wonder if Fordham will make this decision hard for me...

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 am

wow.

kastanie23
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kastanie23 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi all... Applied 11.6 and UR 12.2 I'm hoping for a decision before Christmas.. Fordham is one of my top choices, but a wee bit nervous about my chances.

p.s does acceptance from other schools make you MORE nervous to hear from all of the schools you've applied to? I noticed since acceptance to one school I've been going crazy about the other schools.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Soo I’m a reverse splitter 164 (at 25th)/3.95 (way above 75th) …. Should I be breathing easy? Fordham is slowly becoming one of my top choices due to location. I’ve been complete since 11/30. How long does it generally take to get a decision?

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lwoods » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Gotti wrote:Soo I’m a reverse splitter 164 (at 25th)/3.95 (way above 75th) …. Should I be breathing easy? Fordham is slowly becoming one of my top choices due to location. I’ve been complete since 11/30. How long does it generally take to get a decision?


Hard to say, seems they go in batches and anyone who applied before October 15 was early action and guaranteed a decision by December 15.

I received my acceptance 2 weeks after going in review, but as one of those weeks was Thanksgiving, I'd estimate within 1 business week after going in review.

gl! :)

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Gotti wrote:Soo I’m a reverse splitter 164 (at 25th)/3.95 (way above 75th) …. Should I be breathing easy? Fordham is slowly becoming one of my top choices due to location. I’ve been complete since 11/30. How long does it generally take to get a decision?


Hard to say, seems they go in batches and anyone who applied before October 15 was early action and guaranteed a decision by December 15.

I received my acceptance 2 weeks after going in review, but as one of those weeks was Thanksgiving, I'd estimate within 1 business week after going in review.

gl! :)



Thanks! My numbers are okay for Fordham though, right? Obviously my GPA but I’m just nervous about being at the 25th LSAT =\

User avatar
Columbia Law
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Columbia Law » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Gotti wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Gotti wrote:Soo I’m a reverse splitter 164 (at 25th)/3.95 (way above 75th) …. Should I be breathing easy? Fordham is slowly becoming one of my top choices due to location. I’ve been complete since 11/30. How long does it generally take to get a decision?


Hard to say, seems they go in batches and anyone who applied before October 15 was early action and guaranteed a decision by December 15.

I received my acceptance 2 weeks after going in review, but as one of those weeks was Thanksgiving, I'd estimate within 1 business week after going in review.

gl! :)



Thanks! My numbers are okay for Fordham though, right? Obviously my GPA but I’m just nervous about being at the 25th LSAT =\


Wait for Part time? My brother had good WE, 3.9 and a 164 and was waitlisted for a while last year. He had to basically beg to get in. He made the awful mistake of going, but it was far from easy.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 pm

Columbia Law wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Gotti wrote:Soo I’m a reverse splitter 164 (at 25th)/3.95 (way above 75th) …. Should I be breathing easy? Fordham is slowly becoming one of my top choices due to location. I’ve been complete since 11/30. How long does it generally take to get a decision?


Hard to say, seems they go in batches and anyone who applied before October 15 was early action and guaranteed a decision by December 15.

I received my acceptance 2 weeks after going in review, but as one of those weeks was Thanksgiving, I'd estimate within 1 business week after going in review.

gl! :)



Thanks! My numbers are okay for Fordham though, right? Obviously my GPA but I’m just nervous about being at the 25th LSAT =\


Wait for Part time? My brother had good WE, 3.9 and a 164 and was waitlisted for a while last year. He had to basically beg to get in. He made the awful mistake of going, but it was far from easy.



Lol yeah I know you hate Fordham, but whatever. Not PT...i'm going for FT. I have 3.95/164 with good WE and good softs. I wrote a why X essay too.

X_Soda
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby X_Soda » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

WTF? I went from Under Review starting 11/29 to Complete on 12/6! Any idea what this status reversal means? Are they just so disgusted with my application that they have stopped reviewing it but don't want to send me an acceptance/deferral/rejection letter?

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby username99 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:44 pm

X_Soda wrote:WTF? I went from Under Review starting 11/29 to Complete on 12/6! Any idea what this status reversal means? Are they just so disgusted with my application that they have stopped reviewing it but don't want to send me an acceptance/deferral/rejection letter?


Same thing just happened to me. IDK if this means they've decided? Or that we suck.

zeke18
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby zeke18 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm

username99 wrote:
X_Soda wrote:WTF? I went from Under Review starting 11/29 to Complete on 12/6! Any idea what this status reversal means? Are they just so disgusted with my application that they have stopped reviewing it but don't want to send me an acceptance/deferral/rejection letter?


Same thing just happened to me. IDK if this means they've decided? Or that we suck.


+1 though mine was UR starting 11/30 but just changed to complete 11/30, no date change.

Trying to stay hopeful...

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby DorianGray89 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:51 pm

zeke18 wrote:
username99 wrote:
X_Soda wrote:WTF? I went from Under Review starting 11/29 to Complete on 12/6! Any idea what this status reversal means? Are they just so disgusted with my application that they have stopped reviewing it but don't want to send me an acceptance/deferral/rejection letter?


Same thing just happened to me. IDK if this means they've decided? Or that we suck.


+1 though mine was UR starting 11/30 but just changed to complete 11/30, no date change.

Trying to stay hopeful...


Same just happened to me but 12/1 UR and now Complete

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JennBNYC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Ugh, I just went from Under Review 11/17 to Complete 11/17. Applied 3 months ago :-(

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 pm

Me too! What in the world??

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby username99 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Prob means decision, no?

User avatar
JennBNYC
Posts: 262
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JennBNYC » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm

username99 wrote:Prob means decision, no?


Then wouldn't they just put the decision? Who knowsssss. It's just weird to go from Complete to Under Review to Complete again. Sigh....

CoastGuard3
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby CoastGuard3 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Yea mine too. though the date returned to an earlier completion date of mine.

are we getting an email tonight?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”