Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYC Law » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Gemini wrote:From what I can recall, in the email they sent us, the sample schedule did not include Contracts. So that's why I was asking.


I dont think that was a sample, thats the actual flex schedule. You'd take Contracts, Statutory Law, Civ Pro, and LRW II second semester.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:58 pm

So all FT students take 4 classes per semester? I know some law school do 5.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYC Law » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Gemini wrote:So all FT students take 4 classes per semester? I know some law school do 5.


I think so, they add up to 15 hours on the schedule provided.

nylaw11
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nylaw11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:16 pm

hey I'm new to this site, I was waitlisted at Fordham way back in March. I gave up hope until I received an email from Kristina Haff a few days ago asking if I was still interested in Fordham (it is and has been my number one choice).

I was thinking of going in and trying to meet with an admission committee member, has anyone done this? if so, did you get to have a full interview with the person or just a handshake kind of thing? any information at all would be helpful, thanks!

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13312
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:44 pm

nylaw11 wrote:hey I'm new to this site, I was waitlisted at Fordham way back in March. I gave up hope until I received an email from Kristina Haff a few days ago asking if I was still interested in Fordham (it is and has been my number one choice).

I was thinking of going in and trying to meet with an admission committee member, has anyone done this? if so, did you get to have a full interview with the person or just a handshake kind of thing? any information at all would be helpful, thanks!

Has this email exchange progressed? I was admitted off the waitlist and it began with an email asking me to clarify a part of my application and ended with an acceptance a couple days later.

Not knowing the particulars, it's difficult to say for certain, but I imagine you may be one step away from being admitted. Was it a stock email, or tailored specifically to you?

nylaw11
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nylaw11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:07 pm

JenDarby wrote:
nylaw11 wrote:hey I'm new to this site, I was waitlisted at Fordham way back in March. I gave up hope until I received an email from Kristina Haff a few days ago asking if I was still interested in Fordham (it is and has been my number one choice).

I was thinking of going in and trying to meet with an admission committee member, has anyone done this? if so, did you get to have a full interview with the person or just a handshake kind of thing? any information at all would be helpful, thanks!

Has this email exchange progressed? I was admitted off the waitlist and it began with an email asking me to clarify a part of my application and ended with an acceptance a couple days later.

Not knowing the particulars, it's difficult to say for certain, but I imagine you may be one step away from being admitted. Was it a stock email, or tailored specifically to you?


thanks for the quick response. there was some back and forth between us but the basic things involved her asking me if im still interested, and if so my file would be reviewed by the admissions committee (for the second time, I presume). and to answer your question about whether it was a stock email or tailored to me, it seemed pretty stock. I figure I can only help my chances to check out the school and meet with someone there (I live reasonably close by).

Additionally, I feel like if it was just a matter of seeing if I was still interested, why would they be reviewing it with the admissions committee? Whatever the case I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best -- I've already been planning as though I'm going to my contingency plan anyway.

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:26 pm

nylaw11 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
nylaw11 wrote:hey I'm new to this site, I was waitlisted at Fordham way back in March. I gave up hope until I received an email from Kristina Haff a few days ago asking if I was still interested in Fordham (it is and has been my number one choice).

I was thinking of going in and trying to meet with an admission committee member, has anyone done this? if so, did you get to have a full interview with the person or just a handshake kind of thing? any information at all would be helpful, thanks!

Has this email exchange progressed? I was admitted off the waitlist and it began with an email asking me to clarify a part of my application and ended with an acceptance a couple days later.

Not knowing the particulars, it's difficult to say for certain, but I imagine you may be one step away from being admitted. Was it a stock email, or tailored specifically to you?


thanks for the quick response. there was some back and forth between us but the basic things involved her asking me if im still interested, and if so my file would be reviewed by the admissions committee (for the second time, I presume). and to answer your question about whether it was a stock email or tailored to me, it seemed pretty stock. I figure I can only help my chances to check out the school and meet with someone there (I live reasonably close by).

Additionally, I feel like if it was just a matter of seeing if I was still interested, why would they be reviewing it with the admissions committee? Whatever the case I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best -- I've already been planning as though I'm going to my contingency plan anyway.


You should absolutely follow up and Kristina Haff is a bright spot in the admissions office. Fordham is an attention whore and they want to be wanted. I know a lot of people that got in off the waitlist by sending regular (every month-ish, maybe more around this time of year when decisions had to be made) emails / a LOCI and visiting the school to convey interest.

nylaw11
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nylaw11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:
nylaw11 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
nylaw11 wrote:hey I'm new to this site, I was waitlisted at Fordham way back in March. I gave up hope until I received an email from Kristina Haff a few days ago asking if I was still interested in Fordham (it is and has been my number one choice).

I was thinking of going in and trying to meet with an admission committee member, has anyone done this? if so, did you get to have a full interview with the person or just a handshake kind of thing? any information at all would be helpful, thanks!

Has this email exchange progressed? I was admitted off the waitlist and it began with an email asking me to clarify a part of my application and ended with an acceptance a couple days later.

Not knowing the particulars, it's difficult to say for certain, but I imagine you may be one step away from being admitted. Was it a stock email, or tailored specifically to you?


thanks for the quick response. there was some back and forth between us but the basic things involved her asking me if im still interested, and if so my file would be reviewed by the admissions committee (for the second time, I presume). and to answer your question about whether it was a stock email or tailored to me, it seemed pretty stock. I figure I can only help my chances to check out the school and meet with someone there (I live reasonably close by).

Additionally, I feel like if it was just a matter of seeing if I was still interested, why would they be reviewing it with the admissions committee? Whatever the case I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best -- I've already been planning as though I'm going to my contingency plan anyway.


You should absolutely follow up and Kristina Haff is a bright spot in the admissions office. Fordham is an attention whore and they want to be wanted. I know a lot of people that got in off the waitlist by sending regular (every month-ish, maybe more around this time of year when decisions had to be made) emails / a LOCI and visiting the school to convey interest.


haha i've sent 4 LOCI's and a few writing samples... told them I would go if admitted... already sent a bunch of LORs. I figure visiting is just about the last possible thing I can do, so why not? I'm just trying to see what I should expect if anyone else has visited with an admissions committee member at Fordham

nylaw11
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nylaw11 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Well that won't be necessary since I just got in to the evening program! Looking forward to meeting you all, and thanks for all of the information throughout the last couple of months. Alot of it was extremely helpful, and I found myself checking this forum for tips pretty often.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYC Law » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

nylaw11 wrote:Well that won't be necessary since I just got in to the evening program! Looking forward to meeting you all, and thanks for all of the information throughout the last couple of months. Alot of it was extremely helpful, and I found myself checking this forum for tips pretty often.


Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13312
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:09 pm

nylaw11 wrote:Well that won't be necessary since I just got in to the evening program! Looking forward to meeting you all, and thanks for all of the information throughout the last couple of months. Alot of it was extremely helpful, and I found myself checking this forum for tips pretty often.

Yea I had a feeling you were basically accepted at the point of that email, from my experience off the WL.

Congrats!!!

nylaw11
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nylaw11 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Yeah I just didn't wanna get my hopes up too early. Thanks!

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:25 pm

nylaw11 wrote:Yeah I just didn't wanna get my hopes up too early. Thanks!


Congrats!! You certainly earned that spot!

Youcantstopsteel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Youcantstopsteel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Anybody on the waitlist get an email today inquiring about interest? Is anybody still left on the waitlist? :)

glolaw
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby glolaw » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:30 pm

there is still hope! I received an interest inquiry email and was accepted off the WL today! yay! :D

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:02 pm

glolaw wrote:there is still hope! I received an interest inquiry email and was accepted off the WL today! yay! :D


Congrats to you! Welcome to the club!

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Youcantstopsteel wrote:Anybody on the waitlist get an email today inquiring about interest? Is anybody still left on the waitlist? :)


That's how it started for me! Good luck!!

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby kk19131 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:25 am

This is the only school that never actually gave me a final decision.

I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I still want to be on the waitlist and have heard nothing since.

I find it rather funny.... :lol:

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13312
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 pm

kk19131 wrote:This is the only school that never actually gave me a final decision.

I got an email a few weeks ago asking if I still want to be on the waitlist and have heard nothing since.

I find it rather funny.... :lol:

I still have three schools I haven't heard from: BU, ND and UCLA.

edit: Literally the moment I posted this I received an email from ND stating, "UPDATE: At this time our class is full." It also stated they will make some offers still. I suppose this means I can leave it on the list of schools I haven't received a definitive answer from.

Youcantstopsteel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Youcantstopsteel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 am

Accepted for evening part time today! Thanks everyone! Now I have to decide between Maryland with $$ and Fordham

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Youcantstopsteel wrote:Accepted for evening part time today! Thanks everyone! Now I have to decide between Maryland with $$ and Fordham


Welcome! Good luck making your decision...it was definitely a stressful thing for me, but I'm so happy with my choice!

Youcantstopsteel
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Youcantstopsteel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Anybody know the schedule for evening division?

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Youcantstopsteel wrote:Anybody know the schedule for evening division?


If you find out please share

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13312
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm going to leave this in here as well: does anyone have a copy of Whose Monet? that they are looking to sell?

We aren't going to be graded on our extensive knowledge and deep understanding of it during orientation. So, if anyone is willing to let their beloved copy go, let me know! :wink:

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:43 pm

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”