Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Just PM me who you are, haha. It's nice to know people before stepping foot in class.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:20 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:leaving for NYC on Saturdayyyyyyy :)


Yeaahhh are you crashing with the bf for the time being?

Nah he's moving in August. Well my dad has successfully guilt tripped me into staying an extra week so I'll be moving to NYC NEXT saturday

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:30 am

Gotti wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gotti wrote:leaving for NYC on Saturdayyyyyyy :)


Yeaahhh are you crashing with the bf for the time being?

Nah he's moving in August. Well my dad has successfully guilt tripped me into staying an extra week so I'll be moving to NYC NEXT saturday


OK holla! See you at orientation!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Dude, you're part time, aren't you? You're not gonna see us until classes start and the PTers and FTers run into each other in the library. :wink:

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Gemini wrote:Dude, you're part time, aren't you? You're not gonna see us until classes start and the PTers and FTers run into each other in the library. :wink:


I think we do orientation together,... It starts on a sunday

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Gemini wrote:Dude, you're part time, aren't you? You're not gonna see us until classes start and the PTers and FTers run into each other in the library. :wink:


I think we do orientation together,... It starts on a sunday


Full time starts monday.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYC Law » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 pm

Just got back from finally actually visiting Fordham! It's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, I actually really liked it and the area (plus the diner across the street was amazing).

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Gemini wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
Gemini wrote:Dude, you're part time, aren't you? You're not gonna see us until classes start and the PTers and FTers run into each other in the library. :wink:


I think we do orientation together,... It starts on a sunday


Full time starts monday.


ok,... Well see you in passing in the library. Don't out me!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:19 am

blacklawboss wrote:
ok,... Well see you in passing in the library. Don't out me!


You don't out me, I won't out you. :P (Though to be honest, I'm beginning to respond to people when they call me Gem. :lol: )

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Does anyone know if Fordham's tuition includes student health insurance?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13294
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm

aaaaaah wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham's tuition includes student health insurance?

I read somewhere during the financial aid process that health care is something you can increase your loan amounts for, so I imagine the answer is no.

I sure hope the answer is no, because if it is yes, then I am not allowed to remain on my parents AMAZING health care plan they just put me on.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 am

JenDarby wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham's tuition includes student health insurance?

I read somewhere during the financial aid process that health care is something you can increase your loan amounts for, so I imagine the answer is no.

I sure hope the answer is no, because if it is yes, then I am not allowed to remain on my parents AMAZING health care plan they just put me on.


Dont worry, you DEFINITELY will have the option to opt out if its included.

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 am

Gemini wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham's tuition includes student health insurance?

I read somewhere during the financial aid process that health care is something you can increase your loan amounts for, so I imagine the answer is no.

I sure hope the answer is no, because if it is yes, then I am not allowed to remain on my parents AMAZING health care plan they just put me on.


Dont worry, you DEFINITELY will have the option to opt out if its included.


It's definitely not included automatically. I think you have the option to opt-in if you want, but it's pretty expensive and I don't know how good the coverage is.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

OnceUponAMemo wrote:
Gemini wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham's tuition includes student health insurance?

I read somewhere during the financial aid process that health care is something you can increase your loan amounts for, so I imagine the answer is no.

I sure hope the answer is no, because if it is yes, then I am not allowed to remain on my parents AMAZING health care plan they just put me on.


Dont worry, you DEFINITELY will have the option to opt out if its included.


It's definitely not included automatically. I think you have the option to opt-in if you want, but it's pretty expensive and I don't know how good the coverage is.


Okay, thanks. I remember health insurance being super cheap through my UG, so I was hoping for the same. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 pm

School insurance is always awful.

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Gemini wrote:School insurance is always awful.


Grrr...I need to figure out how to get back onto my parents' plan. Hopefully, they'll let me...

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 pm

I did some research. Haven't really gone over the coverage details, but based strictly on price, Fordham's optional insurance plan isn't too bad- $2,229 for the full year.

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:30 pm

8)
Last edited by MrSoOoFLy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bartleyrat
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby bartleyrat » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Just got in- can't wait to start. Excited to join the class of '14

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:05 am

will we have readings assigned for the first day of class? just wondering bc i'm trying to figure out when i'll have to buy books.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby NYC Law » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Stringer6 wrote:will we have readings assigned for the first day of class? just wondering bc i'm trying to figure out when i'll have to buy books.


Yes. Im pretty sure you buy them during orientation week.

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:34 pm

NYC Law wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:will we have readings assigned for the first day of class? just wondering bc i'm trying to figure out when i'll have to buy books.


Yes. Im pretty sure you buy them during orientation week.


You certainly can buy them during orientation week and many will, but prices will be cheaper earlier if you buy them online. You also certainly will have reading assignments for the first day of class for most professors, but none of my professors first semester cold-called much on the first day. If anything, it was along the lines of "what is property". I would suggest buying as many books as you can ahead of time on amazon or some similar site to save money as the fordham price is more expensive. I also opted to buy all new books thinking I would not want to deal with some kids notes all the time. In retrospect, this was fine, but if you can look through the used books before, there are a lot that look barely read or lightly highlighted and the savings might be worth it to get these instead. Second semester far more people had used books than first semester.

Also, please don't stress with the law school will grind you to the bone mentality. It is harder than undergrad, and finals period sucks, but other than that, you really do have a life and there is no better place to go to school than the city. Congrats all.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:will we have readings assigned for the first day of class? just wondering bc i'm trying to figure out when i'll have to buy books.


Yes. Im pretty sure you buy them during orientation week.


You certainly can buy them during orientation week and many will, but prices will be cheaper earlier if you buy them online. You also certainly will have reading assignments for the first day of class for most professors, but none of my professors first semester cold-called much on the first day. If anything, it was along the lines of "what is property". I would suggest buying as many books as you can ahead of time on amazon or some similar site to save money as the fordham price is more expensive. I also opted to buy all new books thinking I would not want to deal with some kids notes all the time. In retrospect, this was fine, but if you can look through the used books before, there are a lot that look barely read or lightly highlighted and the savings might be worth it to get these instead. Second semester far more people had used books than first semester.

Also, please don't stress with the law school will grind you to the bone mentality. It is harder than undergrad, and finals period sucks, but other than that, you really do have a life and there is no better place to go to school than the city. Congrats all.


i assume you're talking about supplements?

OnceUponAMemo
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby OnceUponAMemo » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Both textbooks and supplements. Your book lists will probably be online in the next couple weeks as teachers start uploading assignments and a syllabus on TWEN.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:22 pm

OnceUponAMemo wrote:Both textbooks and supplements. Your book lists will probably be online in the next couple weeks as teachers start uploading assignments and a syllabus on TWEN.


thanks

can you estimate how much you spent on books per semester?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga and 4 guests