Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lawst » Wed May 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Eh, my LSAT is one point below median for FT, one point above PT median, and my GPA is awful. If I ever get accepted from the WL, I'd probably have no chance at merit aid. Interesting to know that it's possible though - I thought it was a given that waitlisters paid sticker unless, of course, someone is waitlisted as YP. Someone's gotta subsidize that merit aid.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 11, 2011 1:26 pm

save the world wrote:What puzzles me is that I have yet to receive any decision and people are getting in off the waitlist... Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I applied in December, and was waitlisted at the beginning of February. When did you apply?

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

JenDarby wrote:
save the world wrote:What puzzles me is that I have yet to receive any decision and people are getting in off the waitlist... Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I applied in December, and was waitlisted at the beginning of February. When did you apply?



Not that early - mid february. It hasn't been that long but it's still been a few months and well over 8 weeks.

User avatar
gmenfan
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby gmenfan » Wed May 11, 2011 2:07 pm

save the world wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
save the world wrote:What puzzles me is that I have yet to receive any decision and people are getting in off the waitlist... Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I applied in December, and was waitlisted at the beginning of February. When did you apply?



Not that early - mid february. It hasn't been that long but it's still been a few months and well over 8 weeks.


I applied late-Feb and was accepted within this past week. Still waiting/hoping for merit $ to make Fordham competitive with a school I deposited at.

EDIT: Received a merit offer via email. PM for dates/stats.
Last edited by gmenfan on Wed May 11, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Wed May 11, 2011 2:15 pm

gmenfan wrote:
save the world wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
save the world wrote:What puzzles me is that I have yet to receive any decision and people are getting in off the waitlist... Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?

I applied in December, and was waitlisted at the beginning of February. When did you apply?



Not that early - mid february. It hasn't been that long but it's still been a few months and well over 8 weeks.


I applied late-Feb and was accepted within this past week. Still waiting/hoping for merit $ to make Fordham competitive with a school I deposited at.


Okay that makes me feel a little better. I was going to send another email or call to follow up once more but I'll give them until friday.

lawschool567
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawschool567 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:52 pm

Has anyone on the WL submitted something other then a LOCI?

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Wed May 11, 2011 4:24 pm

lawschool567 wrote:Has anyone on the WL submitted something other then a LOCI?


I had another LOR sent in, but I found it out that it only got sent today :evil:

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 11, 2011 8:34 pm

To answer my own question - yes, Fordham WILL offer merit aid to those admitted off the waitlist. I received an email today, soon after receiving the acceptance email, offering 15k/year! Good luck too everyone still waiting....looks like I might be losing a deposit at another school!

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lawst » Wed May 11, 2011 10:25 pm

JenDarby wrote:To answer my own question - yes, Fordham WILL offer merit aid to those admitted off the waitlist. I received an email today, soon after receiving the acceptance email, offering 15k/year! Good luck too everyone still waiting....looks like I might be losing a deposit at another school!


Congrats!

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 am

Has anyone applied for Stein Scholars? Anyone know how competitive the program is?

hyperflipmode
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby hyperflipmode » Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Is anyone else waiting on a decision from Fordham? I applied in early March and I still haven't received a decision.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Thu May 19, 2011 4:59 pm

hyperflipmode wrote:Is anyone else waiting on a decision from Fordham? I applied in early March and I still haven't received a decision.


Yep still waiting...

cmr24
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby cmr24 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:23 pm

I haven't heard anything either. I emailed the school and they said they've been very backed up and that decisions are taking longer than expected. I am definitely confused by this process, especially because it seems as though people are being accepted off the waitlist.

IH21
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby IH21 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 am

Those of you still waiting - check your status checkers. My ding was in there weeks before I got anything in the mail.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Fri May 20, 2011 10:04 am

IH21 wrote:Those of you still waiting - check your status checkers. My ding was in there weeks before I got anything in the mail.


bah, still nothing!

pecuniarygain
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby pecuniarygain » Fri May 20, 2011 11:19 am

Got in off the waitlist today...Just minutes ago... :D :P

pecuniarygain
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby pecuniarygain » Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am

"Your full deposit of $1,000 will be due on Wednesday, June 1.

Quick turn around though :roll:

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri May 20, 2011 11:22 am

pecuniarygain wrote:Got in off the waitlist today...Just minutes ago... :D :P


Congrats! I'm glad that some movement is happening. Now I just hope that it moves toward me...

cmr24
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby cmr24 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:23 am

How are people getting in off the waitlist when they haven't even given everyone a decision yet? Has anyone encountered a process like this at any other school?

lawschool567
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawschool567 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:34 am

pecuniarygain wrote:"Your full deposit of $1,000 will be due on Wednesday, June 1.

Quick turn around though :roll:


Congratulations! How were you notified?

pecuniarygain
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby pecuniarygain » Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 am

Email. Followed up by another email for admitted student website access.

pecuniarygain
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby pecuniarygain » Fri May 20, 2011 11:41 am

FT program; Waitlisted late April.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Fri May 20, 2011 11:42 am

cmr24 wrote:How are people getting in off the waitlist when they haven't even given everyone a decision yet? Has anyone encountered a process like this at any other school?

This is exactly how it happened, last year. I don't know how to explain it but given my experience, this past year? I am increasingly firm in my belief that the Admissions Office works very, very hard to craft each class, as a whole. If you haven't received any word at this point, I would immediately reach out to the Admissions Office - call, email, whatever you feel most comfortable doing - but LET THEM KNOW that Fordham is your first choice. Good luck!!!

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm

For anyone interested, I received notification of my merit aid hours after receiving the acceptance email, and notification of my need based aid the day after faxing in the paperwork. They really seem to be very responsive/work as quickly as possible.

jtgnyc
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby jtgnyc » Fri May 20, 2011 1:47 pm

JenDarby wrote:For anyone interested, I received notification of my merit aid hours after receiving the acceptance email, and notification of my need based aid the day after faxing in the paperwork. They really seem to be very responsive/work as quickly as possible.




How did you get need-based notification? Snail mail?

Thanks




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, hellohalo, lizzyluna, loslakers and 9 guests