Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yeahyeah2121
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:23 pm

IN today off the PT waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was NOT at all expecting this. Up until three days ago I was going to Cardozo May's program for sticker and then 24hours ago I get a call from Villanova upping my scholarship to 25k a year and a 10k grant and then THIS happens. I'm freaking out I don't know what to do. Now it's my dream school (Fordham) vs. almost free school (Villanova). :shock:

LS-boundNYC
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby LS-boundNYC » Fri May 06, 2011 2:31 pm

yeahyeah2121 wrote:IN today off the PT waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was NOT at all expecting this. Up until three days ago I was going to Cardozo May's program for sticker and then 24hours ago I get a call from Villanova upping my scholarship to 25k a year and a 10k grant and then THIS happens. I'm freaking out I don't know what to do. Now it's my dream school (Fordham) vs. almost free school (Villanova). :shock:


Out of curiosity...what were your stats?

EDIT: And congratulations! That's so exciting!

yeahyeah2121
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks! I'm so torn. I love NYC. I lived in the city for the past 6 months but then moved home to get some stuff done before I was going to start at Cardozo next week (which is no longer happening). My boyfriend of almost 5 years goes to med school in the city, and I made some good friends I'd be sad to leave if I went to Nova. Then again, Nova would be free the first year and then really cheap after that and all my best friends from home live in Philly. Needless to say, it's been a very wild, game-changing week. PMing you my stats.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

It's a secret.


how pretentious!

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Fri May 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
It's a secret.


how pretentious!

Of course it is. I wrote it.

yeahyeah2121
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby yeahyeah2121 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:20 pm

.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Fri May 06, 2011 3:22 pm

yeahyeah2121 wrote:IN today off the PT waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was NOT at all expecting this. Up until three days ago I was going to Cardozo May's program for sticker and then 24hours ago I get a call from Villanova upping my scholarship to 25k a year and a 10k grant and then THIS happens. I'm freaking out I don't know what to do. Now it's my dream school (Fordham) vs. almost free school (Villanova). :shock:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
You have two amazing options. :mrgreen:
Happy Friday!

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Fri May 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 4:22 pm

.
Last edited by aliarrow on Fri May 13, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Fri May 06, 2011 4:27 pm

adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


BU gave me $5k/year in need-based aid, Fordham gave me $15k/year in need-based.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Fri May 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the Fordham site?

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Fri May 06, 2011 4:32 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


BU gave me $5k/year in need-based aid, Fordham gave me $15k/year.


Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I don't think I'll even bother applying for anything at BU, out of loyalty at this point, hah.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 pm

aliarrow wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


Well... I made $2500 last year + scholarships, and had a waiver from reporting parental info, and got nothing with BU. I didn't apply for Fordham aid though.


Sorry, could you explain the bolded? I don't understand what you mean.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 pm

.
Last edited by aliarrow on Fri May 13, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rocon7383
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby rocon7383 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

aliarrow wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


Well... I made $2500 last year + scholarships, and had a waiver from reporting parental info, and got nothing with BU. I didn't apply for Fordham aid though.


Sorry, could you explain the bolded? I don't understand what you mean.


Tax issues for mom, she's broke anyways.


so you did not have to report their income at all?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri May 06, 2011 4:37 pm

adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


I got 75k at Fordham and 75k at BU.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby subtle » Fri May 06, 2011 4:38 pm

adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.



Fordham gave me 10K/year in merit aid and BU gave me 35K/year in merit aid. I didn't submit tax returns to either so I can't speak about need-based.

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 4:38 pm

.
Last edited by aliarrow on Fri May 13, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Fri May 06, 2011 4:39 pm

aliarrow wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


Well... I made $2500 last year + scholarships, and had a waiver from reporting parental info, and got nothing with BU. I didn't apply for Fordham aid though.


Sorry, could you explain the bolded? I don't understand what you mean.


Tax issues for mom, she's broke anyways.

If you have complicated family situations you can try explaining it to them and see if they let you out of submitting your parental info. I was able to get one, too, but my family situation is really strange.

Take it from me, a magical 0L who knows everything.

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Fri May 06, 2011 4:42 pm

aliarrow wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
aliarrow wrote:
adevotchka wrote:Can any BU/Fordham cross admits tell me how their need aid packages compared with each other (or at least how long the turnaround on their need application was at BU)? I just got off the BU waitlist but will most likely still go to Fordham unless BU gives me a way better package.


Well... I made $2500 last year + scholarships, and had a waiver from reporting parental info, and got nothing with BU. I didn't apply for Fordham aid though.


Sorry, could you explain the bolded? I don't understand what you mean.


Tax issues for mom, she's broke anyways.



I don't know the specifics, but if your mom is really broke, you could have only benefited from including her info, especially if she is a single parent who doesn't get support. Unless she was blatantly lying on her taxes or something, or you can't prove she's broke somehow, I might try to put in an app to fordham? It can't hurt?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13298
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Has anyone accepted off the WL received scholarship info? If so, did you receive it in your initial acceptance email, formal acceptance letter, or entirely separately..?

User avatar
Lawst
Posts: 504
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lawst » Wed May 11, 2011 1:04 pm

JenDarby wrote:Has anyone accepted off the WL received scholarship info? If so, did you receive it in your initial acceptance email, formal acceptance letter, or entirely separately..?


Wait, is merit aid possible for those accepted from the waitlist? I always assumed that if you get in off the WL you pay sticker because you barely made it in. (I say this as someone still stranded on the WL who has nearly given up hope of being able to go here if I do get off the WL because of the cost.)

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gemini » Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Lawst wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Has anyone accepted off the WL received scholarship info? If so, did you receive it in your initial acceptance email, formal acceptance letter, or entirely separately..?


Wait, is merit aid possible for those accepted from the waitlist? I always assumed that if you get in off the WL you pay sticker because you barely made it in. (I say this as someone still stranded on the WL who has nearly given up hope of being able to go here if I do get off the WL because of the cost.)


JD's LSAT is 4 points higher than mine.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Lwoods » Wed May 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Gemini wrote:
Lawst wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Has anyone accepted off the WL received scholarship info? If so, did you receive it in your initial acceptance email, formal acceptance letter, or entirely separately..?


Wait, is merit aid possible for those accepted from the waitlist? I always assumed that if you get in off the WL you pay sticker because you barely made it in. (I say this as someone still stranded on the WL who has nearly given up hope of being able to go here if I do get off the WL because of the cost.)


JD's LSAT is 4 points higher than mine.


Also, while I know it's different at each school, at least some admitted to UIUC off the waitlist received scholarship $$.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Gemini wrote:
Lawst wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Has anyone accepted off the WL received scholarship info? If so, did you receive it in your initial acceptance email, formal acceptance letter, or entirely separately..?


Wait, is merit aid possible for those accepted from the waitlist? I always assumed that if you get in off the WL you pay sticker because you barely made it in. (I say this as someone still stranded on the WL who has nearly given up hope of being able to go here if I do get off the WL because of the cost.)


JD's LSAT is 4 points higher than mine.


Also, while I know it's different at each school, at least some admitted to UIUC off the waitlist received scholarship $$.


What puzzles me is that I have yet to receive any decision and people are getting in off the waitlist... Is anyone else still waiting for a decision?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests