Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby subtle » Thu May 05, 2011 2:34 pm

akcorps wrote:Ugh, I think you missed the point, too. Look, everything I have posted here is to try help people like you out. Gyms, financial aid questions, etc. I could care less whether or not you like the way I write, but if you are going to be lawyer get used to having people point out when you're wrong about something or when your analysis is flawed. Or you can lighten up a little. New York might be hard on you if you are getting this worked up already.



...couldn't care less.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 pm

Gotti wrote:
Guy wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year


I wish TLS had a "like" button.


i would not use it for anything akcorps has posted.

lmfao. i'd like this comment.

does this mean i wont be invited to your cupcake and herbal tea parties next year?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 2:37 pm

subtle wrote:
akcorps wrote:Ugh, I think you missed the point, too. Look, everything I have posted here is to try help people like you out. Gyms, financial aid questions, etc. I could care less whether or not you like the way I write, but if you are going to be lawyer get used to having people point out when you're wrong about something or when your analysis is flawed. Or you can lighten up a little. New York might be hard on you if you are getting this worked up already.



...couldn't care less.

like.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

akcorps wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Guy wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
I wish TLS had a "like" button.


i would not use it for anything akcorps has posted.

lmfao. i'd like this comment.

does this mean i wont be invited to your cupcake and herbal tea parties next year?

wut.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 pm

subtle wrote:
akcorps wrote:Ugh, I think you missed the point, too. Look, everything I have posted here is to try help people like you out. Gyms, financial aid questions, etc. I could care less whether or not you like the way I write, but if you are going to be lawyer get used to having people point out when you're wrong about something or when your analysis is flawed. Or you can lighten up a little. New York might be hard on you if you are getting this worked up already.



...couldn't care less.

You got me good.

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

JenDarby wrote:Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....


help I'm slow C&F issue, define pls...

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Thu May 05, 2011 2:48 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....


help I'm slow C&F issue, define pls...


Character & Fitness portion of application

User avatar
blacklawboss
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby blacklawboss » Thu May 05, 2011 3:00 pm

2011Cycle wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....


help I'm slow C&F issue, define pls...


Character & Fitness portion of application


Thanks

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu May 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Tagging TT for the lulz.

patallica22
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby patallica22 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:04 pm

withdrew today, unless Cornell (doubtful) or Columbia (very doubtful) come through, it looks like I'll be leaving NY....

15K per year back in there, hope a waitlisted person gets in.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 05, 2011 3:07 pm

RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu May 05, 2011 3:08 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.


NY law is NY law amirite?

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 05, 2011 3:10 pm

RJ127 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.


NY law is NY law amirite?


I'll go with that, sure.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 3:19 pm

RJ127 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.


NY law is NY law amirite?

True. Most people don't know that NYU is a school of NYLS. That's why I turned down both to go to Fordham, which is just the midtown satellite of CLS.

User avatar
Ratchet Jackson
Posts: 2703
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Ratchet Jackson » Thu May 05, 2011 3:20 pm

akcorps wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.


NY law is NY law amirite?

True. Most people don't know that NYU is a school of NYLS. That's why I turned down both to go to Fordham, which is just the midtown satellite of CLS.


This is exactly why I tagged TT for the lulz.

Guy
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Guy » Thu May 05, 2011 3:39 pm

akcorps wrote:
RJ127 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
RJ127 wrote:Tagging TT for the lulz.


Wait, are you going to NYU? GTFO.

Disclaimer: Kidding. I figured it's time to start resenting NYU kids.


NY law is NY law amirite?

True. Most people don't know that NYU is a school of NYLS. That's why I turned down both to go to Fordham, which is just the midtown satellite of CLS.


OMG are you serious? I never new that.

jtgnyc
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby jtgnyc » Fri May 06, 2011 12:04 am

Does anyone know if Fordham has any restrictions on working while a full-time 1L?

User avatar
2011Cycle
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:08 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby 2011Cycle » Fri May 06, 2011 12:10 am

jtgnyc wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham has any restrictions on working while a full-time 1L?



http://law.fordham.edu/registrar/2763.htm

XI. EMPLOYMENT
A student may not be employed for more than 20 hours per week in any semester in which the student is enrolled in more than 12 class hours. Full time students must sign a statement to this effect every time they register. Students who violate this regulation are subject to disciplinary action.

jtgnyc
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby jtgnyc » Fri May 06, 2011 12:11 am

2011Cycle wrote:
jtgnyc wrote:Does anyone know if Fordham has any restrictions on working while a full-time 1L?



http://law.fordham.edu/registrar/2763.htm

XI. EMPLOYMENT
A student may not be employed for more than 20 hours per week in any semester in which the student is enrolled in more than 12 class hours. Full time students must sign a statement to this effect every time they register. Students who violate this regulation are subject to disciplinary action.



thanks so much!

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:03 am

Eh, like 99% sure. And you? I was/am still holding out to get out of this city, but I am pretty sure I am stuck here.


yea, i'm going

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 am

Stringer6 wrote:
Eh, like 99% sure. And you? I was/am still holding out to get out of this city, but I am pretty sure I am stuck here.


yea, i'm going

FT or PT, I can't rememebr? I just heard back from my other option about $ and its still kind of a long shot unless I can negotiate with them for a little more.

adevotchka
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby adevotchka » Fri May 06, 2011 11:26 am

Speaking of money, now that I have my financial aid package I'm trying to budget. My q: how many of you (especially if you already live in NYC) are going to try to spend way less than Fordham's recommended COA figures? It seems like the figures they provide for housing, misc, board, and travel are all generous (not insane, but definitely not pauper-esque).

Also, I heard whispers that if you have unused loan funds at the end of the semester/year, you can kind of just remit it as if you never took it out in the first place. Does that sound right (it sounds too good to be true IMO) But if it is true, I wonder how many people take out extra as a cushion in the unfortunate case they don't land a paying summer gig?

aliarrow
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aliarrow » Fri May 06, 2011 11:28 am

.
Last edited by aliarrow on Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5865
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:33 pm

akcorps wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
Eh, like 99% sure. And you? I was/am still holding out to get out of this city, but I am pretty sure I am stuck here.


yea, i'm going

FT or PT, I can't rememebr? I just heard back from my other option about $ and its still kind of a long shot unless I can negotiate with them for a little more.


FT

what's the other option?

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
akcorps wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
Eh, like 99% sure. And you? I was/am still holding out to get out of this city, but I am pretty sure I am stuck here.


yea, i'm going

FT or PT, I can't rememebr? I just heard back from my other option about $ and its still kind of a long shot unless I can negotiate with them for a little more.


FT

what's the other option?

It's a secret.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”