Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am

quantumk wrote:Ahh.. well I wouldn't call that exactly "free".. I'd assume she'd have to chip in something

pretty sure her man lives in a sweet ass place and travels a lot and she doesn't have to pay rent at all....again...lucky biatch ;)

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 10:45 am

nygrrrl wrote:
akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
akcorps wrote:I think its obvious they are considering you, the problem is what else are they considering? It seems to me that they are trying to find a way around your C&F issue. If you can assure them this wont reflect poorly on their admitting you then I am sure you will get in.

Fordham is pretty darned serious about the Ethics/Ethical Issues so agree with akcorps. Also, they might want assurance that this issue will not stand in the way of your being admitted to the bar.

Someone agrees with me, a proud day indeed.

:lol: Haven't I agreed with you in the past? I thought I had. Well, hell, I agree with you now, so HUZZAH!

I am not sure, but I backed you up on Fordham 1L taking questions thread, so HUZZAH back at ya.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 05, 2011 10:45 am

Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)


Nothing in life is free.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am

nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)


Nothing in life is free.

Not true! FedEx boxes are free.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 am

akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)


Nothing in life is free.

Not true! FedEx boxes are free.

Do you have to go to FedEx to get them?

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 10:58 am

nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)


Nothing in life is free.

well she probably has to pay him in....other ways ;) but i'm sure she likes it heheh. WHERE IS JD lol

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 am

nygrrrl wrote:
akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)


Nothing in life is free.

Not true! FedEx boxes are free.

Do you have to go to FedEx to get them?

I keep trying to respond to this but the damned board is killing my responses. Anyway, walking to a FedEx is free other than your base living expense unless you are disabled (which is largely subsidized and unusual enough to be considered an outlier situation, so it will excluded).

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 05, 2011 11:20 am

akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Nothing in life is free.

Not true! FedEx boxes are free.

Do you have to go to FedEx to get them?

I keep trying to respond to this but the damned board is killing my responses. Anyway, walking to a FedEx is free other than your base living expense unless you are disabled (which is largely subsidized and unusual enough to be considered an outlier situation, so it will excluded).

I don't know. FedEx is far, from my/my office. Walking there would take at least 40 minutes, which would cut into my productivity/possible earnings. On the other hand, if I took the subway I'm paying. Now, if FedEx will bring the boxes TO ME.... 8)

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 11:31 am

nygrrrl wrote:I don't know. FedEx is far, from my/my office. Walking there would take at least 40 minutes, which would cut into my productivity/possible earnings. On the other hand, if I took the subway I'm paying. Now, if FedEx will bring the boxes TO ME.... 8)

Ah, but cutting into productivity/earnings =/= cost because it doesn't require you transfer anything already possessed so much as it cuts into opportunity to possess more. By this reasoning sleeping costs me money, as does anything else "unproductive." However, it should also be pointed out that I would orders of magnitude less productive if I did not sleep, so in a sense sleeping is productive, yet it contributes nothing to earnings and has no market value. It is also, in a sense, free. Possibly even more free than FedEx boxes.

I think the credited response to FedEx boxes being free would probably be that they cost somebody (other than me) money, and in environmental impact or through increased costs to deliver things to me because of the subsidized nature of the boxes, they do in fact end up costing me money. Ergo, they are not truly free in a broader sense. In the narrow sense, however, they do remain free.

jack492505
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby jack492505 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:02 pm

akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I don't know. FedEx is far, from my/my office. Walking there would take at least 40 minutes, which would cut into my productivity/possible earnings. On the other hand, if I took the subway I'm paying. Now, if FedEx will bring the boxes TO ME.... 8)

Ah, but cutting into productivity/earnings =/= cost because it doesn't require you transfer anything already possessed so much as it cuts into opportunity to possess more. By this reasoning sleeping costs me money, as does anything else "unproductive." However, it should also be pointed out that I would orders of magnitude less productive if I did not sleep, so in a sense sleeping is productive, yet it contributes nothing to earnings and has no market value. It is also, in a sense, free. Possibly even more free than FedEx boxes.

I think the credited response to FedEx boxes being free would probably be that they cost somebody (other than me) money, and in environmental impact or through increased costs to deliver things to me because of the subsidized nature of the boxes, they do in fact end up costing me money. Ergo, they are not truly free in a broader sense. In the narrow sense, however, they do remain free.


Good point. Instead of paying to mail things from now on I guess I should take the free alternative of walking things to their destination. Very excited to realize this, will save tons of money.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 1:27 pm

jack492505 wrote:
akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:I don't know. FedEx is far, from my/my office. Walking there would take at least 40 minutes, which would cut into my productivity/possible earnings. On the other hand, if I took the subway I'm paying. Now, if FedEx will bring the boxes TO ME.... 8)

Ah, but cutting into productivity/earnings =/= cost because it doesn't require you transfer anything already possessed so much as it cuts into opportunity to possess more. By this reasoning sleeping costs me money, as does anything else "unproductive." However, it should also be pointed out that I would orders of magnitude less productive if I did not sleep, so in a sense sleeping is productive, yet it contributes nothing to earnings and has no market value. It is also, in a sense, free. Possibly even more free than FedEx boxes.

I think the credited response to FedEx boxes being free would probably be that they cost somebody (other than me) money, and in environmental impact or through increased costs to deliver things to me because of the subsidized nature of the boxes, they do in fact end up costing me money. Ergo, they are not truly free in a broader sense. In the narrow sense, however, they do remain free.


Good point. Instead of paying to mail things from now on I guess I should take the free alternative of walking things to their destination. Very excited to realize this, will save tons of money.

At the risk of sounding like I have to win all of the arguments I get into, I think you are really missing the point on at least two levels. The first is lighten up, its a joke that was probably never really all that funny, but because we are all training to be lawyers it represents the kind of argumentation we can expect to be engaged in. The second is that at no time was there any suggestion that in order to save money anyone should deliver anything. Also, there is nothing concerning any quantity of money above zero in the argument. If you feel that walking something somewhere will save you enough money to make up for the loss in earnings/productivity, then by all means do so. I think the cost of your survival as opposed to the loss in potential income to deliver things a great distance will prove to be undesirable, however. Overseas might be a problem too.

Look, this is really past its sell by date at this point unless you are really into arguing, logic, or welfare economics/liberal political philosophy. If that's your thing, then by all means keep it going, but I am starting to get bored.

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13325
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby JenDarby » Thu May 05, 2011 1:33 pm

Gotti wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:
Gotti wrote:her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)

Nothing in life is free.

well she probably has to pay him in....other ways ;) but i'm sure she likes it heheh. WHERE IS JD lol

<3 Gotti
He owns his apartment and does not need my financial assistance. I'd be more than willing to contribute to what's left on the mortgage, but he's committed to the idea that me taking out loans to pay him in this instance is silly.
(we've been together a few years, and will be living together wherever I end up for school)
Last edited by JenDarby on Thu May 05, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 1:34 pm

akcorps wrote:At the risk of sounding like I have to win all of the arguments I get into

honestly, most of what you post sounds pretentious & like you think you know everything...especially since you're a 0L.

edit: not trying to start anything...i'm just saying. you're in a lot the same threads as I am and ALL your posts come off this way lol. just fyi.

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Gotti wrote:
akcorps wrote:At the risk of sounding like I have to win all of the arguments I get into

honestly, most of what you post sounds pretentious & like you think you know everything...especially since you're a 0L.

Cool. I like it that way. The thing is this: if you post a question or say something dumb or whatever, and I will do my best to make sure other people don't walk away thinking your reasoning is the only way to think about something. Am I pretentious? Maybe, but who isn't on here? Keep in mind you are reading something called top law schools.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 1:41 pm

akcorps wrote:
Gotti wrote:
akcorps wrote:At the risk of sounding like I have to win all of the arguments I get into

honestly, most of what you post sounds pretentious & like you think you know everything...especially since you're a 0L.

Cool. I like it that way. The thing is this: if you post a question or say something dumb or whatever, and I will do my best to make sure other people don't walk away thinking your reasoning is the only way to think about something. Am I pretentious? Maybe, but who isn't on here? Keep in mind you are reading something called top law schools.

i'm not pretentious. i don't pretend to know everything since I'm a 0L

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Gotti wrote:
akcorps wrote:
Gotti wrote:
akcorps wrote:At the risk of sounding like I have to win all of the arguments I get into

honestly, most of what you post sounds pretentious & like you think you know everything...especially since you're a 0L.

Cool. I like it that way. The thing is this: if you post a question or say something dumb or whatever, and I will do my best to make sure other people don't walk away thinking your reasoning is the only way to think about something. Am I pretentious? Maybe, but who isn't on here? Keep in mind you are reading something called top law schools.

i'm not pretentious. i don't pretend to know everything since I'm a 0L

Ugh, I think you missed the point, too. Look, everything I have posted here is to try help people like you out. Gyms, financial aid questions, etc. I could care less whether or not you like the way I write, but if you are going to be lawyer get used to having people point out when you're wrong about something or when your analysis is flawed. Or you can lighten up a little. New York might be hard on you if you are getting this worked up already.

save the world
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby save the world » Thu May 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Okayy... Back to why we are here. Is anyone still waiting to hear back?

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5866
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 pm

i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm

Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year

Aren't they half sized? That's gonna hurt. But, when Stringer tells me to pipe down, I get the message. Unless we're talking about Brooklyn. :roll:

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 2:02 pm

akcorps wrote:Ugh, I think you missed the point, too. Look, everything I have posted here is to try help people like you out. Gyms, financial aid questions, etc. I could care less whether or not you like the way I write, but if you are going to be lawyer get used to having people point out when you're wrong about something or when your analysis is flawed. Or you can lighten up a little. New York might be hard on you if you are getting this worked up already.

aaaaaaaaaaand i rest my case.

anyway, i'm excited to move! only 2.5 more months!

User avatar
Stringer6
Posts: 5866
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 am

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Stringer6 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

akcorps wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year

Aren't they half sized? That's gonna hurt. But, when Stringer tells me to pipe down, I get the message. Unless we're talking about Brooklyn. :roll:


are you going to Fordham for sure?

akcorps
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
akcorps wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year

Aren't they half sized? That's gonna hurt. But, when Stringer tells me to pipe down, I get the message. Unless we're talking about Brooklyn. :roll:


are you going to Fordham for sure?

Eh, like 99% sure. And you? I was/am still holding out to get out of this city, but I am pretty sure I am stuck here.

User avatar
aaaaaah
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Thu May 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year


I wish TLS had a "like" button.

Guy
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Guy » Thu May 05, 2011 2:27 pm

aaaaaah wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year


I wish TLS had a "like" button.


i would not use it for anything akcorps has posted.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby Gotti » Thu May 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Guy wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:i'm gonna stuff all of you in your lockers next year


I wish TLS had a "like" button.


i would not use it for anything akcorps has posted.

lmfao. i'd like this comment.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, cyclawps, dianersg, Gaaooo, Hopefullawkid2015, jewls2230, kvnrogers, lg77, XUMickeal and 19 guests