Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby nygrrrl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:55 am

fakemoney wrote:I'm not a flame (Flames generally don't have 300+ posts fwiw). I applied to one of the programs and was waitlisted. On the waitlist questionairre, I indicated that I would be interested in getting accepted to either program. My status checker changed to "admitted " before I had any further clarification. I was pretty sure it was the evening program since that was the one to which I originally applied, but didn't automatically assume so since I put myself in the running for either division.

In that case, congratulations, Money! If you look at the upper right hand corner of your status checker/acceptance, it should say "program" and then either "evening" or "day."

fakemoney

Postby fakemoney » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 am

Last edited by fakemoney on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

play2win

Postby play2win » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Just got my final complete date today, expecting WL...

steviejanowski

Postby steviejanowski » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

I went complete in February and then again last week. Hopefully that's a good sign.

lawschool567

Postby lawschool567 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Any WL movement this week?

Lotus24

Postby Lotus24 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Does Fordham accept LOCIs? I was just waitlisted today. They didn't send an email with any info though.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Tue May 03, 2011 6:59 pm

Lotus24 wrote:Does Fordham accept LOCIs? I was just waitlisted today. They didn't send an email with any info though.

They certainly do. Go for it!

Lotus24

Postby Lotus24 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 pm

thanks! I think I've seen some stuff posted on here about waitlisted students expressing interest in the Part Time program...I checked off that I'd be interested in either division on my waitlist form. Has anyone been waitlisted and then admitted to the Part Time program? Fordham's really my first choice so I'd gladly take either one!

quantumk

Postby quantumk » Wed May 04, 2011 10:18 am

I'm sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but what does it mean to "go complete"?

I'm an evening applicant, and on my status checker it says fall, 2011, JD evening, application complete. This doesn't mean that a decision has been made, does it?

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Wed May 04, 2011 10:33 am

quantumk wrote:I'm sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but what does it mean to "go complete"?

I'm an evening applicant, and on my status checker it says fall, 2011, JD evening, application complete. This doesn't mean that a decision has been made, does it?

No, it just means they went through and verified your file is 'complete' and ready to be reviewed.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 04, 2011 11:19 am

Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....

akcorps

Postby akcorps » Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am

JenDarby wrote:Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....

Or they are genuinely interested in your explanation for your C&F issue. From what you said I am not sure there is enough information to gauge this either way. Personally I think C&F seems so antiquated, but maybe that's because I work in a sleazy industry where if we had any kind of professional ethics review every company would be forced to shut their doors. Anyway, good luck!

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 04, 2011 11:38 am

akcorps wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Fordham sent me an email requesting I elaborate on a specific C&F issue I addressed in my app. I was WL with a 168/3.6 so this leads me to believe they are genuinely interested in me, if they would take they time to type out specific, detailed questions.....

Or they are genuinely interested in your explanation for your C&F issue. From what you said I am not sure there is enough information to gauge this either way. Personally I think C&F seems so antiquated, but maybe that's because I work in a sleazy industry where if we had any kind of professional ethics review every company would be forced to shut their doors. Anyway, good luck!

Well, perhaps but I can't imagine them wasting the time to send me an in depth personal email about such a thing if they weren't trying to/considering maybe admitting me (I wouldn't go without money anyway). I have great free living in NY, which would be nice, but otherwise. Thanks though.

akcorps

Postby akcorps » Wed May 04, 2011 1:18 pm

JenDarby wrote:
akcorps wrote:

Well, perhaps but I can't imagine them wasting the time to send me an in depth personal email about such a thing if they weren't trying to/considering maybe admitting me (I wouldn't go without money anyway). I have great free living in NY, which would be nice, but otherwise. Thanks though.

I think its obvious they are considering you, the problem is what else are they considering? It seems to me that they are trying to find a way around your C&F issue. If you can assure them this wont reflect poorly on their admitting you then I am sure you will get in.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm

akcorps wrote:I think its obvious they are considering you, the problem is what else are they considering? It seems to me that they are trying to find a way around your C&F issue. If you can assure them this wont reflect poorly on their admitting you then I am sure you will get in.

Fordham is pretty darned serious about the Ethics/Ethical Issues so agree with akcorps. Also, they might want assurance that this issue will not stand in the way of your being admitted to the bar.

lawschool567

Postby lawschool567 » Wed May 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Is anyone else having issues accessing the status checker?

quantumk

Postby quantumk » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

What kind of issues? I'm just eagerly waiting for a decision.. that's the only issue I have. Every time I sign into the status checker, however, it does trick me into thinking that a decision has been made.. something about the phrase "Your application is complete"..

lawschool567 wrote:Is anyone else having issues accessing the status checker?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed May 04, 2011 5:36 pm

JD i really hope you get into and end up going to Fordham. this would make my next three years extremely enjoyable :mrgreen:

plus free housing!!! you can't get much better than that.

quantumk

Postby quantumk » Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Free housing? How does that work, if you dont mind me asking??

JenDarby wrote:
akcorps wrote:

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed May 04, 2011 6:28 pm

quantumk wrote:Free housing? How does that work, if you dont mind me asking??

JenDarby wrote:
akcorps wrote:

her bf lives in the city and she'd be able to stay there for free :)

lucky biatch

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
akcorps wrote:I think its obvious they are considering you, the problem is what else are they considering? It seems to me that they are trying to find a way around your C&F issue. If you can assure them this wont reflect poorly on their admitting you then I am sure you will get in.

Fordham is pretty darned serious about the Ethics/Ethical Issues so agree with akcorps. Also, they might want assurance that this issue will not stand in the way of your being admitted to the bar.

This. I've noticed the school means what it says about trying to be as holistic as it reasonably can, but they wouldn't be asking if they weren't interested. I would put as much as you feel comfortable with out there, and explain how the issue is something in your past that you have learned from.

Sending <3 and luck to you guys! I am in the middle of 2L finals, which start earlier than the 1Ls have theirs. I should be able to answer more questions for people after the 9th, when I finish and officially become a 3L. (My god it's been a long time! I found TLS right after taking the LSAT, and chose to stay because the site made such a huge difference to me. Gotti is absolutely right that the people you meet here can turn into your lifelong friends offline.)

quantumk

Postby quantumk » Wed May 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Ahh.. well I wouldn't call that exactly "free".. I'd assume she'd have to chip in something.. but yes, living with a spouse can definitely cut living costs significantly in the city

I will probably end up doing the same if I am accepted and marry my current gf.. already have a 1-bedroom lined up in the UWS.. just hoping I get accepted! fingers crossed

Gotti wrote:
lucky biatch

mabad

Postby mabad » Wed May 04, 2011 7:55 pm

does anybody know when we'll see movement on the waitlist?

akcorps

Postby akcorps » Thu May 05, 2011 10:31 am

nygrrrl wrote:

Someone agrees with me, a proud day indeed.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Thu May 05, 2011 10:37 am

akcorps wrote:
nygrrrl wrote:

Someone agrees with me, a proud day indeed.

:lol: Haven't I agreed with you in the past? I thought I had. Well, hell, I agree with you now, so HUZZAH!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”