Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawgrl21

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby lawgrl21 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Gotti wrote:PM me your fb's as well...i'm 99.999% sure i'm going to Fordham :)

+1!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 pm

Gemini wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Anyone going to the Women's event after admitted students day on the 2nd? Just got the email about it.

I'd rather go to my own after party, rather than a law related one, where you have to behave, lolz.

+1

I am not planning to behave in NYC :twisted:

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:58 pm

All this talk about TLS Girls Gone Wild is making me want a Fordham Acceptance this week just that much more.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:04 pm

lawgrl21 wrote:
Gotti wrote:PM me your fb's as well...i'm 99.999% sure i'm going to Fordham :)

+1!

PM me your fb, lawgrl and anyone else who knows they're going to Fordham! :D

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:06 pm

Gotti wrote:
Gemini wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Anyone going to the Women's event after admitted students day on the 2nd? Just got the email about it.

I'd rather go to my own after party, rather than a law related one, where you have to behave, lolz.

+1

speaking of plans... Gotti what are your thoughts on going back to CA after law school? are you set on CA or are you open to the likelihood that you'll be in nyc for a decade or so?

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 pm

I am still complete since 2/4 I called the admissions they said everyone gets a letter and that it will be here in the next few weeks. Im almost def im a ding ... geez just send it already.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:47 pm

nematoad wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Gemini wrote:

+1

speaking of plans... Gotti what are your thoughts on going back to CA after law school? are you set on CA or are you open to the likelihood that you'll be in nyc for a decade or so?

This is a good question lol. I'm pretty sure the bf wants to eventually end up back in CA (LA, specifically), but I'm def open to living out in NYC for a while. I think we'll have to because I'm going to Fordham...but I really love new york so I don't mind at all.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:59 pm

So, Fordham actually bumped my scholly just a little bit! I don't think they have much to give, so I was pleasantly surprised.

aaaaaah

Postby aaaaaah » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Gemini wrote:

Haha, fair enough. I'm not sure if they expect you to behave though. I mean, they chose a bar with a giant beer pong table in the back.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Gotti wrote:
nematoad wrote:speaking of plans... Gotti what are your thoughts on going back to CA after law school? are you set on CA or are you open to the likelihood that you'll be in nyc for a decade or so?

This is a good question lol. I'm pretty sure the bf wants to eventually end up back in CA (LA, specifically), but I'm def open to living out in NYC for a while. I think we'll have to because I'm going to Fordham...but I really love new york so I don't mind at all.

yeah i hear that, I pretty much feel the same way. I'm a LA native and may very well end up at Fordham (barring a lucky USC acceptance). Just curious to see what other Cali/Fordhamers are thinking... it feels like a really big commitment

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Just checked my status checker on a whim before heading home for the night. Waitlisted. This won't be a happy night.

ATR

Postby ATR » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Received a merit scholarship via email this afternoon. If interested, PM for numbers and application information.
Last edited by ATR on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:51 pm

nematoad wrote:
Gotti wrote:
nematoad wrote:speaking of plans... Gotti what are your thoughts on going back to CA after law school? are you set on CA or are you open to the likelihood that you'll be in nyc for a decade or so?

yeah i hear that, I pretty much feel the same way. I'm a LA native and may very well end up at Fordham (barring a lucky USC acceptance). Just curious to see what other Cali/Fordhamers are thinking... it feels like a really big commitment

any school with debt is a large commitment :(

worrying about the inevitable it is gonna stress me out way too much, so I'm just gonna go with the flow lol. It is what it is at this point.

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Gotti wrote:
nematoad wrote:
Gotti wrote:

any school with debt is a large commitment :(

worrying about the inevitable it is gonna stress me out way too much, so I'm just gonna go with the flow lol. It is what it is at this point.

true, true

mexicanwa

Postby mexicanwa » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:35 pm

Can someone give me the gist of what the WL said (how to accept spot on WL, who to send LOCI to, etc)? I got notified via status checker about the WL, but the letter is being sent to my parents house and they are out of town.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:03 pm

mexicanwa wrote:Can someone give me the gist of what the WL said (how to accept spot on WL, who to send LOCI to, etc)? I got notified via status checker about the WL, but the letter is being sent to my parents house and they are out of town.

There's a link on the status checker to the survey where you indicate whether you want to be on the waitlist and whether you want to be considered for FT, PT or either, and how long you're willing to wait.
If you can't find the link it's http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fordhamlawwaitlist.
The letter doesn't give any guidance other than that. It does say that you could be on the WL through August.

mexicanwa

Postby mexicanwa » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:13 pm

Lawst wrote:
mexicanwa wrote:Can someone give me the gist of what the WL said (how to accept spot on WL, who to send LOCI to, etc)? I got notified via status checker about the WL, but the letter is being sent to my parents house and they are out of town.

There's a link on the status checker to the survey where you indicate whether you want to be on the waitlist and whether you want to be considered for FT, PT or either, and how long you're willing to wait.
If you can't find the link it's http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fordhamlawwaitlist.
The letter doesn't give any guidance other than that. It does say that you could be on the WL through August.

Great thank you. Any idea about who to address the LOCI to?

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Still UR 2/15 only 2nd date any comments on the slow movement? Are they on the fence or inevitable ding?

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:12 pm

blacklawboss wrote:Still UR 2/15 only 2nd date any comments on the slow movement? Are they on the fence or inevitable ding?

I would be surprised if you got dinged. I got WL at Fordham and I think you're having a better cycle than I am. I think you got into Cardozo, right? I got WL'd at 'Dozo.

blacklawboss

Postby blacklawboss » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Lawst wrote:
blacklawboss wrote:Still UR 2/15 only 2nd date any comments on the slow movement? Are they on the fence or inevitable ding?

I would be surprised if you got dinged. I got WL at Fordham and I think you're having a better cycle than I am. I think you got into Cardozo, right? I got WL'd at 'Dozo.

Well I hope you're right, and I hope you get in both! I guess at this point no news is good news unless you're waiting on NYU

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 pm

blacklawboss wrote:
Lawst wrote:

Well I hope you're right, and I hope you get in both! I guess at this point no news is good news unless you're waiting on NYU

Thanks! NYU dinged me, as expected, so I'm not waiting on them anymore. The only two I haven't heard from are GULC and Columbia, but those are certainly dings. Other than those two waitlists, my cycle is done. I put my seat deposit down on Rutgers-Newark, withdrew from five other schools for various reasons, and will wait to see what happens with Fordham and Cardozo. Good luck!

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Good luck to all your Fordhamites. I just withdrew, so maybe the free spot and $ will help somebody out!

leefair123

Postby leefair123 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:49 pm

why havent i been dinged yet... keeping hope alive...yeah right

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Just withdrew...while wearing my Fordham Law shirt from the ASD. :cry:

Such a tough decision; I really do like the school and love NY.

Good luck! I hope one of you who's still waiting gets my spot.

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”