Fordham 2011

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
aaaaaah

Re: Fordham 2011

Postby aaaaaah » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 pm

mf980 wrote:
aaaaaah wrote:Just got my financial aid package. Ugh, not great. I really don't know if I can justify the cost of Fordham. :(

I'm in the same situation.

I sent an e-mail to the Director of Admissions earlier today to explain my financial concerns.

I'll post in here when I receive a response.

Thanks, I would appreciate that. I'm drafting an email as well. It doesn't seem like they're too receptive to negotiating though.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 pm

Just got my financial aid package. Ugh, not great. I really don't know if I can justify the cost of Fordham.

what kind of lawyer do you want to be?

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Im accepted as a Day division student.....

im assuming thats the normal division?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:54 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:Im accepted as a Day division student.....

affirmative

GoGata

Postby GoGata » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:41 pm

Does Fordham provide a list of students who are looking for off-campus housing to allow those of us who don't want to live in dorms to find roommates with relative ease?

ryokoyuy

Postby ryokoyuy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:13 am

As of this morning, I'm still at:
Current Status: Your application is complete
Current Status Date: 3/8/2011

It went complete for the first time 1/10. :x
This is starting to get really frustrating >.<
Anyone else in the same/similar situation?

BBeauty

Postby BBeauty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:17 am

ryokoyuy wrote:As of this morning, I'm still at:
Current Status: Your application is complete
Current Status Date: 3/8/2011

It went complete for the first time 1/10. :x
This is starting to get really frustrating >.<
Anyone else in the same/similar situation?

I went complete 1/11> 2/8> 3/8. Im over it at this point.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 am

Seriously you guys? You applied in Jan and are 'over it' because you haven't heard back by mid-march?
Look all over these forums and you'll see anything submitted after Christmas is considered 'late' in the application process, so therefore one would assume you'd hear back 'late'. If you don't like it you should have submitted earlier.

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:21 am

aliarrow wrote:Seriously you guys? You applied in Jan and are 'over it' because you haven't heard back by mid-march?
Look all over these forums and you'll see anything submitted after Christmas is considered 'late' in the application process, so therefore one would assume you'd hear back 'late'. If you don't like it you should have submitted earlier.

This. It took me until March to hear back and I applied in November. There's still time.

BBeauty

Postby BBeauty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:25 am

aliarrow wrote:Seriously you guys? You applied in Jan and are 'over it' because you haven't heard back by mid-march?

Im over it becaue I have been accepted to better schools with lots of money. With deposit deadlines approaching I can say that im indifferent about a decision from Fordham because even if im accepted I wont be attending. The only reason I have not withdrawn is becaue I paid an application fee and I intend to wait for a decision. I think you interpreted my post as me being bitter or upset about it when im not. Im fully aware that it would take at least 8 weeks to get a decision, especially applying in January.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

Im over it becaue I have been accepted to better schools with lots of money. With deposit deadlines approaching I can say that im indifferent about a decision from Fordham because even if im accepted I wont be attending.

good reason

GoGata

Postby GoGata » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Does Fordham provide a list of students who are looking for off-campus housing to allow those of us who don't want to live in dorms to find roommates with relative ease?

Anyone have an answer...?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:53 pm

GoGata wrote:

Call the school...?

I don't know.

adevotchka

Postby adevotchka » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 pm

GoGata wrote:

You might want to just try Craigslist (I found my two roommates on there and love 'em). I would also recommend moving into an apartment with any empty room so you don't have to worry about furnishing the entire place. Often times you won't have to pay a huge deposit (I do mean huge too--like three months rent at once) and the lease is a little flexible that way, too.

akcorps

Postby akcorps » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 pm

JD=Doctor wrote:Im accepted as a Day division student.....

Does this mean I am accepted to the abnormal division?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:53 pm

BBeauty wrote:

Im over it becaue I have been accepted to better schools with lots of money. With deposit deadlines approaching I can say that im indifferent about a decision from Fordham because even if im accepted I wont be attending. The only reason I have not withdrawn is becaue I paid an application fee and I intend to wait for a decision. I think you interpreted my post as me being bitter or upset about it when im not. Im fully aware that it would take at least 8 weeks to get a decision, especially applying in January.

cool story, bro. if you don't want to go to Fordham and have gotten much better acceptances with meony, go to the better school with more money. stop complaining about shit that apparently doesn't matter to you.

BBeauty

Postby BBeauty » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Gotti wrote:
BBeauty wrote:

cool story, bro. if you don't want to go to Fordham and have gotten much better acceptances with meony, go to the better school with more money. stop complaining about shit that apparently doesn't matter to you.

Wow, chill out. Its not even that serious. If you look at the original post I responded to (where ryokoyuy asked if anyone else was in a similar situation re complete dates) you would see that I was showing them that I went complete around the same dates that they did. Thats it. I understand that this is the internet and its easy to interpret posts in a certain way. But just to clarify I was not complaining/mad/pissed/whatever. So lets dead this conversation because now its just annoying. For real.

Stringer6

Postby Stringer6 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:42 pm

So lets dead this conversation because now its just annoying. For real.

don't let it get to you. after all, you got into better schools with lots of money.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
So lets dead this conversation because now its just annoying. For real.

don't let it get to you. after all, you got into better schools with lots of money.

^ bitter

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 pm

BBeauty wrote:
Gotti wrote:
BBeauty wrote:

Wow, chill out. Its not even that serious. If you look at the original post I responded to (where ryokoyuy asked if anyone else was in a similar situation re complete dates) you would see that I was showing them that I went complete around the same dates that they did. Thats it. I understand that this is the internet and its easy to interpret posts in a certain way. But just to clarify I was not complaining/mad/pissed/whatever. So lets dead this conversation because now its just annoying. For real.

you started it, homie. there's plenty of people on this thread for whom Fordham is the best school they got into and they, guess what...actually want to go. so throwing a fit about being over the school because they have taken less than 3 months to review your application (when people have been waiting since november) when you've gotten into "much better schools with money" just sounds whiny and annoying.

aliarrow

Postby aliarrow » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:05 pm

lawgrl21

Postby lawgrl21 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:06 pm

aliarrow wrote:Image

brilliant.

maglialoro

Postby maglialoro » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:06 pm

-
Last edited by maglialoro on Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akcorps

Postby akcorps » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 pm

maglialoro wrote:So i put together what I thought was going to be an effective negotiation letter to get Fordham to match my BC. Just got a response that said "no thanks, we are good". Sucks because I really kinda sorta want to stay in NYC. Has anyone had success with Fordham as of yet?

Yes.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:15 pm

akcorps wrote:
maglialoro wrote:So i put together what I thought was going to be an effective negotiation letter to get Fordham to match my BC. Just got a response that said "no thanks, we are good". Sucks because I really kinda sorta want to stay in NYC. Has anyone had success with Fordham as of yet?

Yes.

:shock: Tell me everything. PM if you must.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”